Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

AWE Tuning

Old 08-10-2020, 12:19 AM   #1
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
8L45 fluid change

So, armed with a new Quick Jack lift and lots of new fluid and new filter, vacuum, I started the first of two fluid changes today.

I didn't leave it drip after vacuuming the fluid out for 12 hours like you are supposed to. Only 4.25 or so quarts drained. I was likely running with less than proper fluid levels.

The pan showed quite a bit of metal dust, nothing larger than a fine powder drenched in fluid. But still, quite a bit.
My car was just starting to show signs of tcc shudder.

Cleaned it all up put 5 quarts back in. Checked the level at over 140 degrees (unlike the SS, the lower trims give you actual temps) . The level was still low... But I am going to wait until the second flush to properly level it. Probably in two days of driving so the fluid gets all good and mixed up.

I was pretty surprised at how dirty the fluid was after just 33000 miles.

Also to note, the old filter didn't freely let quite a lot of fluid easily flow into the pan. Not sure if that is my design or if it was caked.

Overall this was an easy job with the right equipment.
Attached Images

cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote