Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-11-2020, 06:37 PM   #1
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Can't get the fuel and EGR monitors to go ready for emissions

So I went to get emissions done and my fuel system and egr system weren't ready. I hadn't cleared any codes or unplugged the battery for months so they should have definitely been ready by now. I am tuned by Pray and my mods are down below. Any ideas as to why they aren't going ready?

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:

Last edited by EMTNLSS; 05-15-2020 at 11:11 PM.
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:18 AM   #2
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
I had the same thing a few months back. I had those 2 and a 3rd not ready. Here in NC no more than 2 not ready sensors and they cannot inspect. I did everything, was told to drive 25 miles on the interstate at a steady 65 - 70, no cruise, nothing. Finally went to the gas station filled up the tank, full, drove a few miles and the fuel sensor showed up as ready, was able to get it inspected. PITA!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:21 AM   #3
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
Have the same Issue. Just gotta keep driving the car let thank go down under 1/4 fill up let that tank go down fill Up again should be able To finish cycle By then
cmeJATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 01:20 PM   #4
EMTNLSS

I've had multiple fill ups and I let it get below 1/4 every time. Months worth of fill ups and probably at least 1000 miles.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
Old 05-12-2020, 02:31 PM   #5
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Do a Google search for the steady state readiness drive cycle test. There are certain parameters that have to be met so that all of the sensors will come online and be ready.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 03:09 PM   #6
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTNLSS View Post
So I went to get emissions done and my fuel system and egr system weren't ready. I hadn't cleared any codes or unplugged the battery for months so they should have definitely been ready by now. I am tuned by Pray and my mods in down below. Any ideas as to why they aren't going ready?
Did you email the person who wrote your tune and send logs? That just seems incredibly logical...
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 04:56 PM   #7
EMTNLSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
Did you email the person who wrote your tune and send logs? That just seems incredibly logical...
Yea i've already been talking to him. Right now i'm thinking it might be that I don't have rear o2 sensors plugged in since I removed those with my headers. Even though they're tuned out they might still be causing issues. I ordered some new ones since I have no idea where my old ones are. I'll plug them in and tie them up and see if that fixes it.

Upcoming Mods:
Old 05-12-2020, 04:58 PM   #8
EMTNLSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Do a Google search for the steady state readiness drive cycle test. There are certain parameters that have to be met so that all of the sensors will come online and be ready.
Yea i've found this drive cycle that I should do http://www.obdii.com/drivecycle.html. I've tried to do it as best as possible and still no change.

Upcoming Mods:
Old 05-13-2020, 07:38 AM   #9
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
If I remember correctly, they did away with Exhaust gas recirculating valves for over 10 years now, its controlled by variable valve timing to close off the exhaust valve earlier (retard timing) for emissions and fuel economy during cruising speeds (highway).

So, it should be in your monitors N/A. You can get away with 1 monitor not ready to pass.
Old 05-17-2020, 03:42 PM   #10
EMTNLSS

Had the fuel system go ready. Not sure if it was because I hooked back up my rear o2 sensors even though are are deleted in the tune or I got below 3/4 tank of gas. EGR still isn't ready but I think I can have one not ready and still pass.

Upcoming Mods:
Old 05-18-2020, 06:24 AM   #11
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Side question: Does the Gen V LT1 even have EGR? Or is GM adjusting cam timing to get some "passive" EGR without having an EGR system (valve routing exhaust from manifold back to the intake)? I suspect if there's an EGR monitor, it must be a cam phasing/timing strategy and monitoring effect on exhaust O2.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote