Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 06-03-2016, 07:44 AM   #15
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
Had the same problem with mine. They finally found a temp. sensor (8 of them) that was bad. They said trying to find the bad one was hard to do. It has been fine since (2 months ago).
E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 12:32 PM   #16
Camaro36

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Mine hasn't done it since that one day, thank goodness. But thank you for keeping us posted. If it does occur again, I will update this thread again.
Camaro36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 10:37 AM   #17
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
A/C started acting up again. Intermittently blowing warm air on passenger side while cold air (like it should) on drivers side. Guess I'll be taking her in.

E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:36 PM   #18
Skydiver32

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Same here

Sooo..I test drove a Camaro 1SS and had the A/C problem. Left that dealer and went to another a week later. Picked up a different SS last Saturday. Had it less than a day and had to take it back with A/C issues. They replaced an actuator (so they said). A/C was working nice n cold, drove off and by that evening, I was back at the dealer. Same isue; compressor will not come on at all. Driving around in a loaner, let's see what the tech says tomorrow.

***Update***2016/07/18
Picking up a new car today. Parts needed are not available. Mmmmm...
BTW - I was told that the dash and windshield has to come off.

Last edited by Skydiver32; 07-18-2016 at 05:17 PM.
Skydiver32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:18 PM   #19
jay_busacca

Drives: 2016 1SS
I'm not sure how prevalent this issue was but I came here to post this exact problem. My a/c cuts out all the time. I was waiting for a tsb or something to come out before I brought it in. As a former tech, when you're first to have a problem, techs will just throw parts at it until it's fixed. I'm not trying to have my car be the guinea pig.
jay_busacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 03:31 PM   #20
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydiver32 View Post
Sooo..I test drove a Camaro 1SS and had the A/C problem. Left that dealer and went to another a week later. Picked up a different SS last Saturday. Had it less than a day and had to take it back with A/C issues. They replaced an actuator (so they said). A/C was working nice n cold, drove off and by that evening, I was back at the dealer. Same isue; compressor will not come on at all. Driving around in a loaner, let's see what the tech says tomorrow.

***Update***2016/07/18
Picking up a new car today. Parts needed are not available. Mmmmm...
BTW - I was told that the dash and windshield has to come off.
GM told my dealership techs the same thing, the dash would need to come out. Luckily it did not and they were able to replace the actuator without tearing anything apart. I mentioned in another post that I suspect this is going to become a well known issue as the actuators seem to be cheap and failing. I've had my car back for a little over a month and everything has been working fine. But I fully expect it to happen again at some point. Hopefully by now GM should have some case knowledge on this issue and be able to get to the root cause faster for anyone affected.
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:58 PM   #21
LS1AGN

Drives: 2016 SS
Same a/c issue here as well. Purchased a 2ss Friday got a mile off the lot and a/c started blowing warm air, so took it back and they said it was the temp sensor . Picked it up today and everything seems well so far. My dash was a bit dirty with hand prints?
Old 07-22-2016, 06:05 PM   #22
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
Lol looks like you can throw me in this mix. It takes a good 5 mins sometimes longer before the AC gets even slightly bearable. It's almost as if the car isn't even trying to get cold or the AC clutch isn't gripping. Fack man dont want the stealership monkies to touch my shit. I have bad luck with interior repairs. I always get the car back with nicks on shit that needs to be replaced to fix.
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:02 PM   #23
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
Quit whining and enjoy the car the way it's meant to be enjoyed. Foot to the floor, ass thrown back in the seat, shit eating grin on your face.
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:10 AM   #24
jay_busacca

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Com69 View Post
Quit whining and enjoy the car the way it's meant to be enjoyed. Foot to the floor, ass thrown back in the seat, shit eating grin on your face.
Yeah, who needs ac on a daily driver in 100 degree heat.
jay_busacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:18 PM   #25
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 1LT
Quote:
Don't really feel like having a "shit eating grin on my face" when my A/C only blows HOT air, living in Florida, visiting family 90+ miles from home and having to drive back in 97 degree heat, sweltering in the cabin because the BRAND NEW CAR I just bought YESTERDAY no longer blows cold air. And when I say it only blows HOT air, I mean it's nearly too hot to close the vents.

Soooooo yeah, add me to this list of Camaro owners with this issue. Heading back to the dealership first thing in the morning and bringing notes from this thread, and a couple of others.
TMasticTB91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:45 AM   #26
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Why would you even post in here?
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:35 AM   #27
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
Why would you even post in here?
Sometimes I'm a dick like that.
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:53 AM   #28
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
I have to say living in FLorida that the A/c works perfectly fine in my car. It does take a few minutes to get cold but it is understandable. Some thing to look at may change how your a/c works. Do you have it on recirculation? If it is venting from outside it takes longer and is harder to cool 100 degree weather. So when you first start the car keep the windows open have the blower pulling outside air to the floor. This will blow existing hot air out of the car. Once it has cooled down some roll windows up and turn to recirculate. Also for the A/c to work properly you have to be moving. Then air blows accross the a/c condenser. Plus for the a/c pump to work the rpms need to be higher than idling. Sitting in traffic is horrible for trying to keep the a/c going strong in the summer here in Florida.

This may sound like common sense. It is not though. I have been absolutely surprised how many people do not know this when I would deliver a car and go over this simple information.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote