Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 06-02-2020, 08:04 AM   #7505
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I think the C8s will eventually be in the high 10s bone stock on the stock tire.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:48 AM   #7506
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I think the C8s will eventually be in the high 10s bone stock on the stock tire.
Most definitely. Let the people get some seat time and good track and good air it will be done.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:33 AM   #7507
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Most definitely. Let the people get some seat time and good track and good air it will be done.
With launch control is there much more a driver can do? Or are you saying someone experienced will do better than launch control?
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:18 PM   #7508
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
With launch control is there much more a driver can do? Or are you saying someone experienced will do better than launch control?
Even tho the car has launch control the driver is still important. A set RPM that worked for one driver at one track might not work at the next track. Or if the track is loose or super sticky that's going to require adjustments to the launch control and when people start adjusting tire pressures and what not they are gonna have to play around with the settings. Or if people are doing to let the trans do the work or shift themselves thats all driver related and that kind of stuff comes with seat time.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 06-02-2020, 12:29 PM   #7509
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Even tho the car has launch control the driver is still important. A set RPM that worked for one driver at one track might not work at the next track. Or if the track is loose or super sticky that's going to require adjustments to the launch control and when people start adjusting tire pressures and what not they are gonna have to play around with the settings. Or if people are doing to let the trans do the work or shift themselves thats all driver related and that kind of stuff comes with seat time.
It is cool we still matter, but will the technology advance enough where in a non manual car the nannies be faster than a person with seat time? Possible I think.

Old 06-02-2020, 12:31 PM   #7510
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Gotcha
Old 06-02-2020, 12:49 PM   #7511
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
It is cool we still matter, but will the technology advance enough where in a non manual car the nannies be faster than a person with seat time? Possible I think.

Oh for sure, I was more along the lines saying seat time / experience is always gonna matter bc that's how you know how to make adjustments based on conditions
Old 06-02-2020, 03:41 PM   #7512
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I dont know, the fastest time ever for a bone stock c6z was like 10.9, with ranger driving.

C8 has the same power but is 500lbs heavier.

I dont think a dct and more rear weight bias can make up for 500lbs. I mean it can with most drivers, but I don’t think a pro driver.

If the c8 does hit 10’s bone stock, it will be pretty much the fastest time ever for a car with 7.3lbs per hp
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:47 PM   #7513
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Ouch Robby, i feel like that was a hard dig at me (i thought we were cool). Though if it is a dig at me, i think you will find I stated that it will be a couple hero runs in the 10s and I'm sticking with it. I also said drag radials wouldn't be dropping the times as much as front engine cars when the one guy was claiming he was going to be running 10.6s on just a radial, so maybe you weren't referring to me?

Side note: damn I want one!
Not at all brother, you're one of the cool dudes on here and when we do disagree it's always cordial and a proper debate.

Plus you did add in that some 10 second hero runs would happen so you definately left yourself some leeway there and therefore couldn't be the target of my post haha.

I do agree that radials won't help it as much as it would a front engine car, you won't see the c8 go from 11.4 on the street to a 10.5 at the track with a tire like the gt500. The c8 wont see mid 10s "stock" that's for sure.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:49 PM   #7514
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
I dont know, the fastest time ever for a bone stock c6z was like 10.9, with ranger driving.

C8 has the same power but is 500lbs heavier.

I dont think a dct and more rear weight bias can make up for 500lbs. I mean it can with most drivers, but I don’t think a pro driver.

If the c8 does hit 10’s bone stock, it will be pretty much the fastest time ever for a car with 7.3lbs per hp
I agree with most of this and the c6z is a good reference point, but still see a 10.9 in perfect conditions as a posibility.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:14 AM   #7515
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
The Rumors of a ACR Challenger are back in the news, fake news don't think so.

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/...-set-for-2021/

Could the Viper ACR be the benchmark?

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/06/01/...ellcat-engine/

https://www.thedrive.com/news/33767/...e-viper-report
1998 Monte Carlo SS
1980 Cutlass Supreme 403
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:28 AM   #7516
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post

Would be very cool if they could pull it off!
Old 06-03-2020, 09:42 AM   #7517
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post

Ralphe Gilles had hinted that something more wicked this way comes when he sold his Demon. This could very well be it.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:52 AM   #7518
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Going to be very interesting to see how they handle the Challenger chassis weight. I will predict that there is no way a Viper ACR is the benchmark - laws of physics prevent that from happening while meeting production car safety equipment requirements.

If it matches the ZLE and CFTP GT500, I will be beyond impressed.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote