Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 05-31-2020, 07:22 PM   #57
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppykat33 View Post
well we are stuck with our head units so we will half to make due. in my experience unless you are an audiophile the lc2i does a great job at getting rid of the bass roll off.

That’s the issue with lc2i. It does nothing until it senses the bass roll off and then it amplifies the signal. If you listen to something that is not bass heavy enough to hit the roll off you jack up the gain on the bass side of lc2 and it makes it sound awful. With my old head unit running it you never had to touch amp gains, signal levels, bass boost etc once you set it up. A dsp will solve that issue as it will give you a consistent signal from start to finish.
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 09:55 PM   #58
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
I got the bass knob for my LC2i but I haven't installed my system yet. So I should just be able to adjust the amount of bass I want. I would rather just get rid of the factory Bose speakers and put in my own 2 amps ,sub and components in. But I'm not ready to pull the whole car apart and run all new speaker wire to everything. Even though it would sound way better than the stock system plus my amp and sub.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 09:58 PM   #59
900RFWN

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 1LE
For those that are willing to spend a little extra for quality sound just go with one of the MOST modules that SilverCamaroVert mentioned in another thread. Everything points to the Pac AP4-GM61 from what I’ve seen on Reddit and Youtube for us with the ‘16-‘18. The video below goes into the module and they state how it’s a world of difference between it and a LOC. No bass roll off, you can adjust the chime volume and has 5V preouts. Once you take away the $100 cost of the LC2i or any other LOC you won’t need because of this module it doesn't hurt as much ‘cause it’s about $400.

900RFWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 04:51 PM   #60
SilverCamaroVert

Drives: 2019 LT3 RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004YZFR1 View Post
But I'm not ready to pull the whole car apart and run all new speaker wire to everything. Even though it would sound way better than the stock system plus my amp and sub.
You can use a t-harness to reuse the factory wiring so long as you aren't going big power to the new speakers.

I'm running about 70w to dash and 120w to door and they seem fine. I may lose a watt or 2 due to resistance but running wires to doors is a mess in modern cars. The door wiring is a larger gauge anyway cause Bose used them as "subs" in a lot of ways.
SilverCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:04 PM   #61
2004YZFR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCamaroVert View Post
You can use a t-harness to reuse the factory wiring so long as you aren't going big power to the new speakers.

I'm running about 70w to dash and 120w to door and they seem fine. I may lose a watt or 2 due to resistance but running wires to doors is a mess in modern cars. The door wiring is a larger gauge anyway cause Bose used them as "subs" in a lot of ways.
Thats good to know then, thank you. Maybe I'll do my components soon too. I'd want to bypass the center channel and the rear 6x9 speakers too. You can't get any good sound out of the rear.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:30 PM   #62
SilverCamaroVert

Drives: 2019 LT3 RS Convertible
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I did an active front stage, eliminated the rears and center and added 2 10s in my 2019. I started with high level summing and upgraded to AVB module for better sound this spring.
SilverCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:01 PM   #63
2004YZFR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCamaroVert View Post
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I did an active front stage, eliminated the rears and center and added 2 10s in my 2019. I started with high level summing and upgraded to AVB module for better sound this spring.
Thanks!