Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 07-25-2023, 05:55 PM   #1
WhiteMousse

Drives: Honda Civic
Please Help- Just Want to Buy a 24 2SS Build and Price

It started months ago when I was trying to get a 23 LT1. I live in Lakeland, FL. The dealership in Lakeland told me that I could do a build and price, and I put down a $500.00 deposit (refundable).

Every couple weeks I ask this guy "how is it looking?" He never mentioned a thing about allocation, and instead I had to kind of piece it together online.

Fast forward to this past month. Found a place that's 2.5 hours away that is doing builds for 24 Camaro's. The salesman did not say when it would arrive, only that they would begin building in August and that it usually takes 1 or 2 months.

The catch is you have to put down a $5,000.00 Non-refundable deposit. Now in theory, if I'm getting the car I want, I don't care if it's refundable or not. However TODAY, he emails me and tells me that if GM raises prices, my deposit will still be non-refundable.

So I fire back and ask him WHY that would happen, and he gives me vague answers. So then I ask if, for example, the price rises by $6,000.00, I can't back out without losing all my money?

His response was to say "I have no reason to believe GM will rise prices. The most I've ever seen was $3,000.00, and the lowest was $500.00.

Guys. All I want is a 24 Coupe, Manual 2SS with Adrenaline Red package interior, with Dual Exhaust. THAT'S IT.

Is this my best shot? Is this guy going to completely screw me over? Are there any other dealerships that will give me a build without putting me in a situation where I might get screwed out of $5,000.00?

I am willing to fly ANYWHERE in the country to buy. Please help, I'm begging you. I've never gotten a new car in my life, and I wanted to get this for me and my dad, who grew up driving a Nova when he was young.
WhiteMousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 06:21 PM   #2
pwj155

Drives: Chevy Equinox, Radiant Red LT1
Avoid any dealer that wants a non- refundable deposit, keep looking for a dealer that you're comfortable with. If you're willing to travel that increases your chances. good luck! I found a good one in Orangeburg S.C. no deposit required on my '23, if you want a ph# let me know.

p.s. Fairy Chevy in Orangeburg S.C. has a white 2ss on the lot if anyone is interested.

Last edited by pwj155; 07-26-2023 at 07:03 PM.
pwj155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 06:28 PM   #3
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin

Drives: '24 VOM 1SS 1LE M6. 1 of 4
Not quite enough info on your quandary per allocation deposit vs non allocation deposit. I Would not give $50 non refundable, much less $5,000 to a dealer that did not have an allocation. If they want a non refundable deposit without an allocation, tell them to pound sand.

Once you do find a dealer with an allocation with your name and build on it, then we can entertain non the merits of refundable deposits.
Old 07-25-2023, 06:43 PM   #4
WhiteMousse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwj155 View Post
Avoid any dealer that wants a non- refundable deposit, keep looking for a dealer that you're comfortable with. If you're willing to travel that increases your chances. good luck! I found a good one in Orangeburg S.C. no deposit required on my '23, if you want a ph# let me know.
Yes, please! PM me. Thank you so much!
Old 07-25-2023, 09:21 PM   #5
CTRifecta

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Do not give a non refundable deposit unless you have confirmation that they have an actual allocation for the trim level you're looking for. Based on what you described, I would absolutely avoid giving that dealership anything. Shop elsewhere. Be patient and you'll find what you're looking for.
Vehicle Built (per chevy chat bot) - 10/10/23
Window sticker available online - 11/4/23
Arrived at dealership - 11/10/23
CTRifecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 09:50 PM   #6
Kamero6

Drives: 6th Gen LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMousse View Post
It started months ago when I was trying to get a 23 LT1. I live in Lakeland, FL. The dealership in Lakeland told me that I could do a build and price, and I put down a $500.00 deposit (refundable).

Every couple weeks I ask this guy "how is it looking?" He never mentioned a thing about allocation, and instead I had to kind of piece it together online.

Fast forward to this past month. Found a place that's 2.5 hours away that is doing builds for 24 Camaro's. The salesman did not say when it would arrive, only that they would begin building in August and that it usually takes 1 or 2 months.

The catch is you have to put down a $5,000.00 Non-refundable deposit. Now in theory, if I'm getting the car I want, I don't care if it's refundable or not. However TODAY, he emails me and tells me that if GM raises prices, my deposit will still be non-refundable.

So I fire back and ask him WHY that would happen, and he gives me vague answers. So then I ask if, for example, the price rises by $6,000.00, I can't back out without losing all my money?

His response was to say "I have no reason to believe GM will rise prices. The most I've ever seen was $3,000.00, and the lowest was $500.00.

Guys. All I want is a 24 Coupe, Manual 2SS with Adrenaline Red package interior, with Dual Exhaust. THAT'S IT.

Is this my best shot? Is this guy going to completely screw me over? Are there any other dealerships that will give me a build without putting me in a situation where I might get screwed out of $5,000.00?

I am willing to fly ANYWHERE in the country to buy. Please help, I'm begging you. I've never gotten a new car in my life, and I wanted to get this for me and my dad, who grew up driving a Nova when he was young.
Put several $500 refundable (migh loose it anyway, you're not going to sue them for $500. Most you can do is BBB, GM corporate and complains).

After that just look for cars that match what you want and fly whenever it is.

I also wanted a LT1 M6, ended up getting a A10, but the car is what I wanted, It's perfect.
Kamero6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 06:32 AM   #7
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
You can be assured that that $5K was only the ADM, they'll call it a deposit but I'm sure that that's the >MSRP they want. I wouldn't put money down, non-refundable and/or without a written signed deal in hand.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 09:55 AM   #8
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
You can be assured that that $5K was only the ADM, they'll call it a deposit but I'm sure that that's the >MSRP they want. I wouldn't put money down, non-refundable and/or without a written signed deal in hand.
This. Get the deal started before ordering. Unless you have endless money of course then who cares lol.

Both of my orders, I was able to get a deal moving at least penciled.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 09:57 AM   #9
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMousse View Post

Does it have to be a 24? Unless you want a color that’s new for 2024, you’d save 5k+ buying a 2023 somewhere in the country the way you want it or at least close.

Because….idk if you order now, if you will even get it. Many people ordered the 15th of June and it’s near August. I ordered my 24 Riptide Blue, 2SS from two decent sized dealerships, 2nd in line. I’m not getting my hopes up, if I don’t get my 2SS until next year or at all.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 11:39 AM   #10
h1nch

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 6spd
I was in the same boat as you last month. All I wanted was a 2023 ZL1 in Jet black with a 6 spd manual. Was initially interested in ordering as I have ordered cars from other makes in the past and always had a good experience. The more I learned about the ordering and allocation process with GM the less appealing it seemed. I then turned my attention to the existing national inventory. Almost every single in-transit or just-delivered-to-dealership car was spoken for. I finally got one because the initial buyer fell through with financing, and I was able to secure it quickly after the dealer saw that I was serious and had the finances ready to complete the deal. I got exactly what I wanted at MSRP plus a handful of other options that I wouldn't have cared to get but it's fine. I had to spend the extra money to fly up there and pick it up, but the trip was fun and worth it.

I wish you luck in finding the exact car you want. It was definitely a lot more work for me than I had originally thought when I first started this process.
h1nch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 06:24 PM   #11
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1nch View Post
I wish you luck in finding the exact car you want. It was definitely a lot more work for me than I had originally thought when I first started this process.
You and I apparently were searching the Camaro Inventory at the same time, but we certainly came up with different results. In a very time-consuming process (over a couple of weeks) I narrowed the list of potential cars down to about a hundred in the middle of the country - none of which were sold - before pursuing three of them. In less than a day, I made a deal at significantly less than MSRP and picked up the car. I’ve never had a quicker or easier car-buying experience.

I think what both of our deals point out is just how volatile the market is for 2023 Camaros. I continue to watch the inventory just for grins, and I’m not sure I could make the same deal today I did a couple of weeks ago. The lesson for a 2023 buyer, in my opinion, is to get on with it NOW. Every day that goes by with negative news about ordering a 2024 (today it was the rumor that Chevy will be cutting the availability of V8s to help GM meet CAFE standards) will put more pressure on the supply of 2023s.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 12:42 PM   #12
h1nch

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
You and I apparently were searching the Camaro Inventory at the same time, but we certainly came up with different results. In a very time-consuming process (over a couple of weeks) I narrowed the list of potential cars down to about a hundred in the middle of the country - none of which were sold - before pursuing three of them. In less than a day, I made a deal at significantly less than MSRP and picked up the car. I’ve never had a quicker or easier car-buying experience.

I think what both of our deals point out is just how volatile the market is for 2023 Camaros. I continue to watch the inventory just for grins, and I’m not sure I could make the same deal today I did a couple of weeks ago. The lesson for a 2023 buyer, in my opinion, is to get on with it NOW. Every day that goes by with negative news about ordering a 2024 (today it was the rumor that Chevy will be cutting the availability of V8s to help GM meet CAFE standards) will put more pressure on the supply of 2023s.
Glad to hear you got such a good deal! I hope you're enjoying your new ride as much as I am mine

I definitely didn't do myself any favors by being extremely picky on color and options. I only wanted one in black, and only with a 6 spd manual and really tried to find one with the exposed carbon hood. In the end I got all of that and more dealer-installed stuff that I could not care less about.

Agree with you on your points. If I could do it over again I'd still absolutely go for a new 2023 vs rolling the dice with ordering.
h1nch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 09:30 AM   #13
WhiteMousse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
Does it have to be a 24? Unless you want a color that’s new for 2024, you’d save 5k+ buying a 2023 somewhere in the country the way you want it or at least close.

Because….idk if you order now, if you will even get it. Many people ordered the 15th of June and it’s near August. I ordered my 24 Riptide Blue, 2SS from two decent sized dealerships, 2nd in line. I’m not getting my hopes up, if I don’t get my 2SS until next year or at all.
I guess it depends. What are the differences between the 23 and 24 2SS? If it's just the collector's edition painting and whatnot, I'd be perfectly happy with a '23.
Old 07-28-2023, 10:54 AM   #14
CTRifecta

Drives: 2SS 1LE
no differences besides the addition / removal of some exterior colors.
Vehicle Built (per chevy chat bot) - 10/10/23
Window sticker available online - 11/4/23
Arrived at dealership - 11/10/23
CTRifecta is offline   Reply With Quote