Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 01-21-2022, 12:48 AM   #29
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
I’ve read this thread quite a few times, and I just realized you’re running a 275. Small tire street car stuff right there. Nice!
yeah these cars are impressive as hell. it has been 7.5x on the street with a low 1.7 60'. it's nothing special. all off the shelf bolt on parts, absolutely 0 weight reduction except the drag wheels. if anything id credit the cars performance to the tune. (shortuning)
Old 06-29-2022, 04:35 AM   #30
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
yeah these cars are impressive as hell. it has been 7.5x on the street with a low 1.7 60'. it's nothing special. all off the shelf bolt on parts, absolutely 0 weight reduction except the drag wheels. if anything id credit the cars performance to the tune. (shortuning)
Who are you tuned by?
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 06:37 AM   #31
s346k

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Who are you tuned by?
james short. shortuning.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:46 PM   #32
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
It’s a great combo and I know for sure you do a lot of homework on what works and what doesn’t. Plus your BAN ONE avatar update kicks ass!

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 07:08 PM   #33
TOSTO RACING
STOCK ELIMINATOR

Drives: STOCKER
Very cool 125 mph is hauling thats mid 10's!!
Old 07-03-2022, 07:11 AM   #34
s346k

i have this weird problem with wanting the most out the current setup before i move on. i don't think i'll get much more out of bolt ons in an otherwise very street car. exploring options for an otr cai and lighter clutch setup(s) now. i think there's a few more mph hiding in those additions.

i've decided i don't want to spin this motor to 8k rpm, moving forward with this is quickly ruling out large cams and short runner manifolds. the sbe is only good for so much and i feel that id be pushing my luck when coupled with the fact that i still manage to put 10k+ miles a year on this car. guess i'm getting old and (some) sensibility is stepping up.

at least i've accepted the fact i don't have time for a racecar, or i could easily be burning (more) money on that front.
Old 07-03-2022, 11:36 AM   #35
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
i have this weird problem with wanting the most out the current setup before i move on. i don't think i'll get much more out of bolt ons in an otherwise very street car. exploring options for an otr cai and lighter clutch setup(s) now. i think there's a few more mph hiding in those additions.

i've decided i don't want to spin this motor to 8k rpm, moving forward with this is quickly ruling out large cams and short runner manifolds. the sbe is only good for so much and i feel that id be pushing my luck when coupled with the fact that i still manage to put 10k+ miles a year on this car. guess i'm getting old and (some) sensibility is stepping up.

at least i've accepted the fact i don't have time for a racecar, or i could easily be burning (more) money on that front.
Hey did you get your shifter slop issue sorted out?

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 04:35 PM   #36
s346k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Hey did you get your shifter slop issue sorted out?
it is the shaft that comes out of the trans. linkage and shifter are both solid.
Old 07-03-2022, 09:08 PM   #37
Tripwire1124

Drives: 2022 LT1 Camaro
Quote:

I've been trying to explore the idea of bumping compression by milling the heads with stock cam for maybe a mph or 2, while retaining the stock cam.
Old 07-03-2022, 09:36 PM   #38
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
yes, the car weighs 3685 on the drag wheels, i weigh 205. maybe a few lbs more with the helmet & jacket i had.

the dragy showed 97.8 mph in the 1/8. i think the 1/8 mph on the timeslip is reflecting the bog more than anything. the car usually picks up 26-27 mph on the top half.

due to lack of track prep & the cold temp, i launched the car like it was on the street, expecting it to spin. i didn't get on the throttle after the clutch hit for these reasons. it dead stuck off the light and about died haha.
With a 1.60 60 ft I would say your launch was damn good, and that 11.4 is going to be tuff to beat unless you do more mods.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 09:53 PM   #39
s346k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripwire1124 View Post
I've been trying to explore the idea of bumping compression by milling the heads with stock cam for maybe a mph or 2, while retaining the stock cam.
i went through the same idea. i think it could be done in a weekend, all in, for around $2k. assuming quality head work (port/mill), pushrods, gaskets and fluids.

ultimately i decided: if i'm taking it apart, i will do heads/cam and be done with it for awhile. i'm lazy and doing that kind of work twice isn't appealing.

a ported head, 13:1 stock cam motor would certainly run good and be very unsuspecting.
Old 07-03-2022, 09:58 PM   #40
s346k

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
With a 1.60 60 ft I would say your launch was damn good, and that 11.4 is going to be tuff to beat unless you do more mods.
i agree. it might have a tenth left in it without the bog.

i did an ati damper, opened up the rotofab air box and removed the tb adapter this spring. car was .4-.5 lean after those little mods. not sure what kind of, if any, power it picked up. kpa went from 94/95 to 97/98. if i could find my dragy id have some data to share, but idk where it is atm. i put the race stars back on it this weekend.
Old 07-04-2022, 01:26 AM   #41
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:

I think this is respectable. Shoot the last 4 years I've been putting miles on the car and trying to maximize what it can do stock lol.. I imagine fbo will give me plenty more to play with for a while.

I agree on the cam and spinning a true daily driven car with some miles to 8k rpm. I'd be comfortable with a no fly cut cam spinning to 7.3k , 7.5k max rpm or so.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 05:48 AM   #42
s346k

the engines love rpm. especially with any intake manifold that isn't the stock one. even something as small as a 220 camshaft will easily pull past 7500.

i don't dd the car. mon-fri honestly it doesn't get touched. fair weather car that i drive everywhere april-nov (on weekends) if it's not raining. if it was a dd i wouldn't bother modifying anything. i'm down to 3 vehicles now. i was up to 6 this time last year haha. been trying to work on that.