Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-27-2021, 05:43 AM   #1
Pitniko25

Drives: 2019 zl1
Dealership stuck it to me

Ordered my Camaro in January 2021 2ss1le. It's the 5th car purchased from them and just bought a new truck in February from them after I ordered this car. They told me the same thing as usual they will hook me up on the car when it comes. Well it's here and they are making me pay sticker for it now. No bigger guys getting back to me and the finance lady told me that they said that they're getting sticker right now for cars so that's what they're selling it at. It's for the wife and not to mention we gave them the lease 2 months early SRT charger with only 16,000 mi on the 36,000 mi lease. So you know they made all kinds of money on that
Pitniko25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 06:04 AM   #2
jimmyp

Drives: 2013 Camaro Convertible
That Sucks, but some dealers are marking cars up by thousands. I was looking to buy and as soon as I asked about using my suppliers discount, all communication stopped, It's sticker price or nothing. I guess the customers are supposed to pay for GM's failure to have a steady supply of parts.
jimmyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 06:29 AM   #3
Pitniko25

Drives: 2019 zl1
I hear you on that the problem is I guess since we had an agreement seven months ago please stand to some of it I understand times change but that was not my problem I understand if you can't give a big discount but give something I'm not Joe schmo coming off the street. Just explain it to me look times are tough we're struggling here there's no cars you know we want to still do right by you your valued customer here's $1500 off I've looked up and there's some places selling the same as that car $2200 off first day posted not to mention they came in with some crazy interest rate so I know that is probably on them also so once I get the car I'll just refinance anyhow so all they will get out of me is just sticker cost. Hey if that's worth $1,500 losing a value customer five vehicles in 6 years and I was ordering which a new a c8 next year from them imagine what they do to people that are not valued customer
Pitniko25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 06:32 AM   #4
DooIt

Drives: 21 SS 1LE M6 Red Hot
A deal should have been reached when you ordered the car. Whether it be $500 off or $500 over invoice, etc. Most dealers can sell their inventory to other dealers for MSRP right now due to lack of inventory. Dealerships also are selling less vehicles right now and need to make up for less sales. I see it both ways and definitely understand your frustration.
DooIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 06:51 AM   #5
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Never spend money with any business that doesn’t stand behind its word.
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 07:12 AM   #6
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I've never ordered a car, but when you put in the order isn't there some kind of written agreement about the price?
Allez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 07:34 AM   #7
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
It's really sad what dealers are doing right now too people and they pretend to care about the customer. They don't give a crappie about anything but the money. I'm seeing used C8s selling for $100k for 1LT. It's retarded

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 07:53 AM   #8
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitniko25 View Post
Ordered my Camaro in January 2021 2ss1le. It's the 5th car purchased from them and just bought a new truck in February from them after I ordered this car. They told me the same thing as usual they will hook me up on the car when it comes. Well it's here and they are making me pay sticker for it now. No bigger guys getting back to me and the finance lady told me that they said that they're getting sticker right now for cars so that's what they're selling it at. It's for the wife and not to mention we gave them the lease 2 months early SRT charger with only 16,000 mi on the 36,000 mi lease. So you know they made all kinds of money on that
I would feel grateful to get MSRP, considering these market conditions. Honestly, they are doing you a solid. I would take it because MSRP is the deal right now.

Due to the market conditions I looked into upgrading my daughters 2012 JK Wrangler. Sure enough we could get thousands more for it on TRADE than we paid for it 2 1/2 years ago. But, the identical looking new JL Wrangler Sport (base model) was maked up $4k over MSRP! I told them to pound sand.
Old 06-27-2021, 08:03 AM   #9
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Unfortunately, MSRP is not a bad deal nowadays. I completely understand your frustration about how they didn't give you more consideration and attention, given your string of purchases from them. However, many people can't even buy a Camaro at all, used cars go for more than what they were purchased for (checked my 2018 and I'd get thousands more for it than I paid new) and new ones are difficult to obtain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
I've never ordered a car, but when you put in the order isn't there some kind of written agreement about the price?
There is (except for applicable incentives that are typically not yet available when placing the order), but it seems OP wasn't expecting this situation, relying on his history with the dealership and a very vague verbal agreement that I don't think the dealership dishonored, it was just too broad and now he's disappointed with the end result.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 08:04 AM   #10
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
It’s because of low to no inventory on the dealer lots that is causing this and people are willing to pay sticker or over for new cars and trucks. I know it sucks but that’s the way it is until more inventory is available and if you really want the car that you ordered then buy it and enjoy the heck out of it. You will have a blast with that 1LE.��
Old 06-27-2021, 08:15 AM   #11
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyp View Post
That Sucks, but some dealers are marking cars up by thousands. I was looking to buy and as soon as I asked about using my suppliers discount, all communication stopped, It's sticker price or nothing. I guess the customers are supposed to pay for GM's failure to have a steady supply of parts.
You are aware that we are coming out of Pandemic right? That is not just a GM problem but an EVERY Automaker (or company that makes something with a computer chip) problem.

In a nut shell, the pandemic hit and most Automakers cut or significantly reduced their semiconductor chip orders as they expected an extended downturn in sales. Fair assumption, we were on lock down and told not to go out or touch hard surfaces or be in small enclosed areas with others (ie a car).

In the meantime, demand for consumer electronics went through the roof with students and parents working from home on new electronics, cellphones and tablets which gobbled up most of the supply.

But Dealers figured out how to sell safely as demand for new cars went up.

Add to that, the travel industry being completely shut down, car rental companies stopped buying new cars. They supply a ridiculous amount of used car inventory to the industry and 12 months later we have a perfect storm: Low used car inventory pushing up on low new car inventory and limited semi conductor chip production.

I guess if GM had a crystal ball they could have done better.

While some complain about paying MSRP on a Camaro, guys are getting jacked $10k, $20k, and $30k over MSRP on new C8 Corvettes they ordered and waited 18 months for. It is happening ALOT with East coat and west coast dealers, and big city small dealers. The “high volume dealers” who normally carry 30 Corvettes in inventory at $15k below MSRP are selling at…wait for it…MSRP.

Written or verbal agreements with dealers always give them the right to adjust. It’s a crappy reality but it is what it is.

Last edited by Big Lebowski; 06-27-2021 at 08:30 AM.
Big Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 08:25 AM   #12
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Yes the sticker price. I have ordered 2 cars over the years and I had to pay sticker and that it was a special order vehicle what I was told by the dealer. Other folks have had better luck than me and got a deal though on a vehicle they special ordered.
Old 06-27-2021, 08:46 AM   #13
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyp View Post
LOL, you do know this is a global problem right? GM's failure...you are hilarious.

It's a day to day battle keeping plants up and running. Resin shortages still from the Texas freeze. Global vinyl shortages. You name it, it's in short supply right now. Has zip to do with GM.
Old 06-27-2021, 08:51 AM   #14
jimmyp

Drives: 2013 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lebowski View Post
You are aware that we are coming out of Pandemic right? That is not just a GM problem but an EVERY Automaker (or company that makes something with a computer chip) problem.

In a nut shell, the pandemic hit and most Automakers cut or significantly reduced their semiconductor chip orders as they expected an extended downturn in sales. Fair assumption, we were on lock down and told not to go out or touch hard surfaces or be in small enclosed areas with others (ie a car).

In the meantime, demand for consumer electronics went through the roof with students and parents working from home on new electronics, cellphones and tablets which gobbled up most of the supply.

But Dealers figured out how to sell safely as demand for new cars went up.

Add to that, the travel industry being completely shut down, car rental companies stopped buying new cars. They supply a ridiculous amount of used car inventory to the industry and 12 months later we have a perfect storm: Low used car inventory pushing up on low new car inventory and limited semi conductor chip production.

I guess if GM had a crystal ball they could have done better.

While some complain about paying MSRP on a Camaro, guys are getting jacked $10k, $20k, and $30k over MSRP on new C8 Corvettes they ordered and waited 18 months for. It is happening ALOT with East coat and west coast dealers, and big city small dealers. The “high volume dealers” who normally carry 30 Corvettes in inventory at $15k below MSRP are selling at…wait for it…MSRP.

Written or verbal agreements with dealers always give them the right to adjust. It’s a crappy reality but it is what it is.
I'm aware of the pandemic ,but I'm also aware there is no shortage of pickups or suvs, in fact GM is offering 0% for 72 months on them. So I guess they're kinda choosing where the shortage will be. I believe ford did the same with the mustang.
jimmyp is offline   Reply With Quote