Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Bigwormgraphix


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2022, 07:49 PM   #15
laynlo15
 
laynlo15's Avatar
 
Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: clark, mo
Posts: 7,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
No to far off from my car. LT2 intake, solar ported TB effective 91mm, stock airbox moded by myself, E70 , 180 stat. 440.6 hp 445.6 torque
Good numbers I'd say. Thanks for posting. Not to worried about it right now its just too hot for good numbers or track times.
__________________
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Phastek, E85, Rotofab,Lt2 Ported IM/95mmTB, toohighpsi, SCOL , phdtuning-11.64/121-
Maggie coming very soon, Port Inj, 10 rib &other stuff
16SS w/2650 9.41@147, 16 C7 10.90@128
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 05:25 AM   #16
Spaceme1117
 
Spaceme1117's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Erlanger, Kentucky 41018
Posts: 626
Peak HP/TQ wasn't changed much but what is significant is that you picked up a good bit of HP/TQ under the curves above 5000 rpm. It's a little hard to tell from the graph but it does looks like both HP/TQ were higher everywhere after 5000 and extended up to redline.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 06:19 AM   #17
laynlo15
 
laynlo15's Avatar
 
Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: clark, mo
Posts: 7,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
Peak HP/TQ wasn't changed much but what is significant is that you picked up a good bit of HP/TQ under the curves above 5000 rpm. It's a little hard to tell from the graph but it does looks like both HP/TQ were higher everywhere after 5000 and extended up to redline.
I agree and on the street it feels like it pulls harder in the upper RPM range. The line stays horizontal in the higher rpm instead of dropping off like on the Lt1. It's nice to run drag radials on the street cause you can get much better logs if your not spinning the tires all the time. Wish we had some cooler weather coming but doesn't look good for the next 15 days. Need to get to the track.
__________________
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Phastek, E85, Rotofab,Lt2 Ported IM/95mmTB, toohighpsi, SCOL , phdtuning-11.64/121-
Maggie coming very soon, Port Inj, 10 rib &other stuff
16SS w/2650 9.41@147, 16 C7 10.90@128
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:31 AM   #18
lt4camaro

 
Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Good numbers I'd say. Thanks for posting. Not to worried about it right now its just too hot for good numbers or track times.
I wonder how much a 95 mm TB and me porting the snout of the LT2 intake to match that 95 MM TB would help ?
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 11:43 AM   #19
laynlo15
 
laynlo15's Avatar
 
Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: clark, mo
Posts: 7,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
I wonder how much a 95 mm TB and me porting the snout of the LT2 intake to match that 95 MM TB would help ?
Update, this morning I pulled the TB and Adapter off to make sure all was sealed and it was. So unless you open the snout up getting rid of the o-ring the TB opening is larger then the opening on the Ported Lt2. So in order to make them match you either have to port past the IM o-ring or use a ported Adapter which mine came with. I wanted to eliminate the adapter but after I mounted the TB I realized it was larger then the opening of the Ported IM and it would probably cause a disturbance in the air moving thru the TB/IM. So I put the adapter back on since it matched the IM and very close to the TB size. What ever you decide to do you for sure need to make sure you've centered the TB to the IM opening. Side note I'd already slotted the 95mm TB to work on the Lt2 IM so I didn't have to use an adapter.
__________________
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Phastek, E85, Rotofab,Lt2 Ported IM/95mmTB, toohighpsi, SCOL , phdtuning-11.64/121-
Maggie coming very soon, Port Inj, 10 rib &other stuff
16SS w/2650 9.41@147, 16 C7 10.90@128
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:23 PM   #20
6spdhyperblue


 
Drives: 6th gen
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: US
Posts: 3,309
I believe Pray says to throw the 95tb right up to the ported snout.
I’ve run it like that but ended up running a port matched adapter(which you seem to be running) that keeps the oring. If you keep the oring I remember it being 91mm(opened from 87mm). I flip flop in my head which is better. I can’t tell..I’ve run the adapter for a yr or 2 now to remove that 2mm step, as it makes me feel better. I can’t tell if there’s a power difference. I didn’t do a good test on it, would change it up if someone presented good evidence to change it
__________________
Ď22 SS 1LE M6 Summit White - RF, Flexfuel, LT2 intake, 95mm tb, ATI udp, VT ramair, catchcan, Adamís Graphine 9yr
Ď16 SS M6 bolton on DR 11.0@126+ (Sold)
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 01:52 PM   #21
laynlo15
 
laynlo15's Avatar
 
Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: clark, mo
Posts: 7,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
I believe Pray says to throw the 95tb right up to the ported snout.
Iíve run it like that but ended up running a port matched adapter(which you seem to be running) that keeps the oring. If you keep the oring I remember it being 91mm(opened from 87mm). I flip flop in my head which is better. I canít tell..Iíve run the adapter for a yr or 2 now to remove that 2mm step, as it makes me feel better. I canít tell if thereís a power difference. I didnít do a good test on it, would change it up if someone presented good evidence to change it
I'm not so sure a ported 87 to 91 wouldn't be just a good as the 95mm, would probably cause less turbulence with straighter air flow instead of bouncing off sharp edges as it enters the IM.
__________________
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Phastek, E85, Rotofab,Lt2 Ported IM/95mmTB, toohighpsi, SCOL , phdtuning-11.64/121-
Maggie coming very soon, Port Inj, 10 rib &other stuff
16SS w/2650 9.41@147, 16 C7 10.90@128
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 06:07 PM   #22
s346k

 
s346k's Avatar
 
Drives: 18 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: indiana
Posts: 2,134
you guys and your ported throttle bodies lol
__________________
2016+ camaro: everyoneís first car
s346k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 07:03 AM   #23
laynlo15
 
laynlo15's Avatar
 
Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: clark, mo
Posts: 7,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
you guys and your ported throttle bodies lol
I've had them but my 95 is stock. More air is almost always better, you just have to tune for it.
__________________
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Phastek, E85, Rotofab,Lt2 Ported IM/95mmTB, toohighpsi, SCOL , phdtuning-11.64/121-
Maggie coming very soon, Port Inj, 10 rib &other stuff
16SS w/2650 9.41@147, 16 C7 10.90@128
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 08:53 AM   #24
lt4camaro

 
Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
you guys and your ported throttle bodies lol
The Solar ported and designed units were painfully developed mainly for poor off idle , part throttle driveability of the C7 manual LT1 cars. They also spend at lot of time improving flow and reducing restrictions of the bore and the throttle blade shaft and making it flow at wot equal to a 91 mm TB. I kept my Solar TB when I sold my C7 and it now resides on my LT1. But am still thinking of a 95 mmTB, porting my LT2 intake to 95mm and using the non-ported adapter (its a 95mm opening all the way thru) and is used to give you the direct bolt up convienence for the 95 MM TB to the intake versus modifying the bolt pattern on the TB itself.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 10:31 AM   #25
BlackbeastSS2

 
BlackbeastSS2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Garage
Posts: 1,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Update, this morning I pulled the TB and Adapter off to make sure all was sealed and it was. So unless you open the snout up getting rid of the o-ring the TB opening is larger then the opening on the Ported Lt2. So in order to make them match you either have to port past the IM o-ring or use a ported Adapter which mine came with. I wanted to eliminate the adapter but after I mounted the TB I realized it was larger then the opening of the Ported IM and it would probably cause a disturbance in the air moving thru the TB/IM. So I put the adapter back on since it matched the IM and very close to the TB size. What ever you decide to do you for sure need to make sure you've centered the TB to the IM opening. Side note I'd already slotted the 95mm TB to work on the Lt2 IM so I didn't have to use an adapter.
Nice posts with good info for all that want to follow your lead.
I opened/ported my LT2 snot manifold to accommodate my 95 mm and seal was perfect. I did a smoke/vacuum test and was 100% tight seal. IMO you have to open up the neck of the LT2 to help with the flow to match the 95 mm or really itís just a dressed up TB that canít function to its potential. The neck of the LT2 is not recommended IMO for 103 supercharged engines the neck is just to thin after porting it, you might get away with porting for NA with a 103, but dam itís so close to being to thin.
__________________
526/465 NA on Pump 93
LT2 Intake Manifold (ported) 200 Direct Injection NOS
95 mm TB, KATECH Custom Heads, TSP Long tubes (Ceramic Coated) Spec P Super Twin Clutch
TSP EL C7 CAM, Diamond Piston & Manley Rods Gen V LT1/LT4 4.065 Bore 3.622 Stroke -1.5cc, BTR Push Rods, E85, Jaz standalone fuel cell, fuel tech regulator.
LS7 Lifters, SJM Line Lock with LNC 2-step launch & Hurst Pistol Grip, Race Star 17 skinnies 18 rear
Upcoming Mods - Procharger, driveshaft, G-Force Axles, LT4 high side fuel pump, LT4 injectors.
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 11:35 AM   #26
laynlo15
 
laynlo15's Avatar
 
Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: clark, mo
Posts: 7,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
Nice posts with good info for all that want to follow your lead.
I opened/ported my LT2 snot manifold to accommodate my 95 mm and seal was perfect. I did a smoke/vacuum test and was 100% tight seal. IMO you have to open up the neck of the LT2 to help with the flow to match the 95 mm or really itís just a dressed up TB that canít function to its potential. The neck of the LT2 is not recommended IMO for 103 supercharged engines the neck is just to thin after porting it, you might get away with porting for NA with a 103, but dam itís so close to being to thin.
I think the Ported TBs are only worth a few hp, I doubt I'll have this one ported and just leave it stock. I'm considering going back to a blower, just great power and you don't need any additional mods unless you want to go beyond 600 rwhp. I'm guessing you'll know which one I'll choose if I decide to go that route again.
__________________
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Phastek, E85, Rotofab,Lt2 Ported IM/95mmTB, toohighpsi, SCOL , phdtuning-11.64/121-
Maggie coming very soon, Port Inj, 10 rib &other stuff
16SS w/2650 9.41@147, 16 C7 10.90@128
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 12:25 PM   #27
BlackbeastSS2

 
BlackbeastSS2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Garage
Posts: 1,570
Very true about small gains but I am a firm believer of adding all those small gains up in the end to increase power level.
__________________
526/465 NA on Pump 93
LT2 Intake Manifold (ported) 200 Direct Injection NOS
95 mm TB, KATECH Custom Heads, TSP Long tubes (Ceramic Coated) Spec P Super Twin Clutch
TSP EL C7 CAM, Diamond Piston & Manley Rods Gen V LT1/LT4 4.065 Bore 3.622 Stroke -1.5cc, BTR Push Rods, E85, Jaz standalone fuel cell, fuel tech regulator.
LS7 Lifters, SJM Line Lock with LNC 2-step launch & Hurst Pistol Grip, Race Star 17 skinnies 18 rear
Upcoming Mods - Procharger, driveshaft, G-Force Axles, LT4 high side fuel pump, LT4 injectors.
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 03:50 PM   #28
laynlo15
 
laynlo15's Avatar
 
Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: clark, mo
Posts: 7,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
Very true about small gains but I am a firm believer of adding all those small gains up in the end to increase power level.
Yup, I agree
__________________
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Phastek, E85, Rotofab,Lt2 Ported IM/95mmTB, toohighpsi, SCOL , phdtuning-11.64/121-
Maggie coming very soon, Port Inj, 10 rib &other stuff
16SS w/2650 9.41@147, 16 C7 10.90@128
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.