Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 08-27-2019, 09:49 AM   #43
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I'm not sure an intercooler really even serves much of a purpose with the psi these systems put out.

There is a diminishing return with intercoolers at low psi since lower psi applications dont produce much heat. Not only are they less effective when the temp differential isn't substantial between the charged air and the cooler air flowing thru but they create an air restriction by their nature that steals some efficiency from the supercharger.

Most of what I can find say they're not really effective until you start hitting 10psi, as that's where charge air temps really become too high and their short travel time in an intercooler can effectively cool it down to improve density in the double digit ranges.

I mean, good for future proofing, but if they had to make a choice, i dont think losing the intercooler for stage 1 setups or even stage 2 would probably hurt your performance to any significant degree.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:31 AM   #44
Deesiel678

Drives: 2018 1LS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
biggest issue with the camaro is hood clearance. The colorado kit has a air to water cooler under it and its a small displacement unit... this would not fit under stock camaro hood but there is no reason you could not probably use it with the camaro with the right hood. interesting for sure though.
One of the selling points of the proposed Camaro v6 kit is that it will fit under the stock hood without modification and will also feature the air-to-water intercooler.

From the brochure
Quote:
The E-Force Supercharger Kit for the Gen 2 HFV6-powered Camaro is designed to fit under the stock hood with no cutting or modifications, and this kit is backed by our 3-year/36,000-mile powertrain warranty when applicable. The increase in horsepower and torque comes with little to no loss in fuel economy thanks to an integrated bypass valve. Features include an Eaton R1740 rotor assembly, with an integrated air-to-water intercooler core and front-mount heat exchanger for low inlet air temperature and increased power potential. Comes finished with a durable black powder-coating that blends nicely into the Camaro engine compartment.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:51 PM   #45
Kairles

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
biggest issue with the camaro is hood clearance. The colorado kit has a air to water cooler under it and its a small displacement unit... this would not fit under stock camaro hood but there is no reason you could not probably use it with the camaro with the right hood. interesting for sure though.
They already have a kit on a car. It fits under the stock hood. They actually use that in their advertisement. Sounds like they initially made the kit for the Colorado, then adapted it to the Camaro.
Attached Images

Kairles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:03 PM   #46
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairles View Post
They already have a kit on a car. It fits under the stock hood. They actually use that in their advertisement. Sounds like they initially made the kit for the Colorado, then adapted it to the Camaro.
Different kit the camaro one has a front mount heat exchanger probably to reduce the height of bundling it all under the supercharger and keep the height lower. still they have not fully released it go ahead call them try to buy it I will be suprised to hear you can. Of course its been a few months since I checked so maybe its finally out but its still not for sale on their site.

Its the same eaton unit yes but the rest is different.

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:08 PM   #47
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairles View Post
Never mind I just looked at the colorado install instructions and seems they use the heat exchanger on that as well they just word it badly on their site. so this is going to be the same as the camaro one other then intake setup.

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:52 PM   #48
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Finally says instock at phastek!
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 01:46 PM   #49
FunctionOverForm

Drives: Chevy Colorado
$50 bounty for the first person to send me the HPT file for the Edelbrock LGX tune.
FunctionOverForm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 05:20 PM   #50
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Just purchased this today. Got a busy few weeks ahead but once I get it installed I’ll be posting info in a new thread. Cheers
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:22 PM   #51
somedude

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT Convertible Auto V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriff14 View Post
Just purchased this today. Got a busy few weeks ahead but once I get it installed I’ll be posting info in a new thread. Cheers
Awesome! Please post pictures or video of install, and good luck on the new project
somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:04 AM   #52
wintertopdown

Drives: 22 Convertible V8 LT1
Can I add this at 138k miles? Or is my engine too old for boosting?
wintertopdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:45 AM   #53
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertopdown View Post
Can I add this at 138k miles? Or is my engine too old for boosting?
If your car has been well maintained, there is no reason you couldn't.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote