Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-24-2021, 07:24 AM   #29
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls_Camaro View Post
Anyone had either of these tires on their Z?
I bought new wheels and ET Street R a few months ago, drove around for a few days, and concluded they are solely for (1) the drag strip and/or (2) slow daily driving.

They are NOT for road racing or fast driving
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:05 AM   #30
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Mounted the Forgestars/ET Street Rs yesterday and it became immediately obvious the MT is a straight-line, dry road/ track-only, radial tire.

Driving up a 2-3% grade, and hitting WOT, first from 60 then from 50mph, it had minimal spin. However, even while simply changing lanes on the freeway at 75mph, the rear of the car wobbles badly (compared to my experience with the MPS4S).

Thank God Bandimere is only 4 mi. from me.
The ET Street SSs can be down right scary for me. Since I last commented, I've put almost a hundred more street miles on them, and, admittedly, was running too much pressure (around 28-psi). Above 80, and any kind of throttle, the car was all over the place - not spinning the tires, just the tires squirming around. I dropped the pressure to about 20, and it helped a lot, but, like many people have posted here and there, they do have sway. They grip great, as you already said (well - the Rs), but I'm just adding my vote (for the SSs) that they sway a lot. It sounds like people get used to it, but I had a bad experience on the stock tires not long ago, and I'm still recovering from that trauma, and the sway is difficult for me to get comfortable with, because of that experience. They're great and all, but just be aware and careful with air pressure. Most of my experience is probably common knowledge, but when I was running ET Streets on my '02 Z28, I didn't have any sway like I'm having now. That car made half the power, but yeah...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 12:40 PM   #31
Flexhorn

Drives: A10 ZL1
I have the 888R’s. I have zero issue with noise. I don’t hear them at all. My first two trips to the track they hooked like a champ. I do a pretty light burnout and only make three passes per trip. I now have 4K miles on them and the last two trips to the track were horrible. Bad spin. I thought I would get around 8k miles out of them but it seems they’ve lost their tackiness already. I’m at 824 Rwhp.
Flexhorn is offline   Reply With Quote