Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-26-2021, 10:27 AM   #57
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71bb View Post
I guess I am missing your point. Way beyond the limits of the stock internals has EVERYTHING to do with the capability of the tuner. There are only a handful of tuners that can make a car live at those levels on stock internals. There are also very few that regardless of how much money you throw at it can get there anyway, the rest make excuses as to why they cant get there or that it is a bad idea for some reason.
I just meant at 27 psi the guy should be making a lot more. Atleast 150 I think. Reading his post and what your saying 27 psi 1033 hp me 19 psi 1004 on 1 dyno and 1044 on another.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:44 AM   #58
Flexhorn

Drives: A10 ZL1
I got 150 more when I added my 2650.
Flexhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:52 AM   #59
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vileintent View Post
The boost read 15psi at ~6,400 rpm

Correct, stock lower, and 3.5 upper (90mm).

The boost seems about right, could the bypass valve still be a potential issue?

Exhaust flow is my best guess as well
If your seeing 15 lbs the bypass should be okay it's making the correct psi. I figured you had a collapsed catalytic converter maybe. That units moves a lot air so it should be atleast 670 to 680 just bolting it on the 740 from maggi video are we sure the combos of pulleys are the same your running? Maybe he wanted to see how far it would go before the rail pressure was to low? I know feeding them makes a big deal atleast for me it did the camaro does no favors with the airbox and the angle it enters on the vette its more of a straight shot. GM came to Vararam had him design an intake that looks similar to the vettes for the copo where it's straight kinda sits over the radiator. They where having trouble getting the cfms needed where the 6 gen oem placement is. The most beneficial things I did was the 5 inch intake, snout porting, and 112mm TB.

When I was testing for Vararam I had just and 2650, headers, and cut stock box when I added his intake I picked up 40 plus hp enough to kill rail pressure. So maybe the camaro won't make as much as the vette since the intake is at a terrible angle vs a straight shot.

Really these are long shots guesses maybe a compression test if it's really down. Or maybe see if other people on FB are running the maggi as is with no headers, TB, ect.. to get a good idea.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:22 PM   #60
airtroop01

Drives: 2018 Cadillac CTS-V
Been searching the interwebs (Gas Monkey Garage reference) trying to see what kind of snake oil Magnuson did to make 729rwhp. Found a thread on the Corvette board where he piped up and mentioned:

Great discussion, my Z06 is still in the same configuration that it was when it produced those numbers at Magnuson. Its a stock LT4 except for; TVS2650, 103mm throttle body, CA 91 octane, GM C7 CAI modded with an attack blue filter and a couple tweaks to flow 1050 CFM at 14" H20 pressure drop, 95mm upper pulley and 5% over lower pulley which equates to a stock lower and 90 mm upper. My rev limiter is set to 7K as the car pulls strong all the way to that RPM. You've seen the plot as the car made 729 RWHP at 7K (That plot was a 3 run average which I like to do - car made 725, 735, 728) - and since I was at 140 ft above sea level along with our average air temp of about 68F it actually made that power - correction was less than 2% if I remember correctly.

I don't have the plot in front of me but I think that if I ended the pull at 6600 the car would have made about 700 RWHP

The Magnuson Dyno outputs in STP - not SAE, so if you're looking for a and SAE number you'll have to drop about 4% off that pull. I find their dyno to be a good midpoint between a Mustang (less power) and a Dynojet (more power). Since virtually everything we run on the dyno also get run at the track I really don't care what the number is, it just gives me a good idea of what I can expect in the 1/4 mile. 729 STP RWHP on the Magnuson dyno translates into a 9.95 @140 pass in a 6th gen Camaro (been there, done that
).”

So, how’s that translate?
Down to 700rwhp - @ 6600 vs 7000
Down to 672rwhp - accounting for 4% loss due to STP and not SAE

So, 672rwhp is probably absolute best with that configuration assuming a tuner who is probably very skilled and a tune that’s on point.

I’m going to assume most are not going to make the cut or maybe other factors like something with a greater safety factor. Another 4% loss puts you down to 645rwhp.

Maybe a Big Gulp is worth 4% and worth whatever CAI intake mods he was referencing …bringing power from 620 to 645. Guess 645-650 is the number I’m going to chase without headers.
airtroop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:50 PM   #61
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtroop01 View Post
Been searching the interwebs (Gas Monkey Garage reference) trying to see what kind of snake oil Magnuson did to make 729rwhp. Found a thread on the Corvette board where he piped up and mentioned:

Great discussion, my Z06 is still in the same configuration that it was when it produced those numbers at Magnuson. Its a stock LT4 except for; TVS2650, 103mm throttle body, CA 91 octane, GM C7 CAI modded with an attack blue filter and a couple tweaks to flow 1050 CFM at 14" H20 pressure drop, 95mm upper pulley and 5% over lower pulley which equates to a stock lower and 90 mm upper. My rev limiter is set to 7K as the car pulls strong all the way to that RPM. You've seen the plot as the car made 729 RWHP at 7K (That plot was a 3 run average which I like to do - car made 725, 735, 728) - and since I was at 140 ft above sea level along with our average air temp of about 68F it actually made that power - correction was less than 2% if I remember correctly.

I don't have the plot in front of me but I think that if I ended the pull at 6600 the car would have made about 700 RWHP

The Magnuson Dyno outputs in STP - not SAE, so if you're looking for a and SAE number you'll have to drop about 4% off that pull. I find their dyno to be a good midpoint between a Mustang (less power) and a Dynojet (more power). Since virtually everything we run on the dyno also get run at the track I really don't care what the number is, it just gives me a good idea of what I can expect in the 1/4 mile. 729 STP RWHP on the Magnuson dyno translates into a 9.95 @140 pass in a 6th gen Camaro (been there, done that
).”

So, how’s that translate?
Down to 700rwhp - @ 6600 vs 7000
Down to 672rwhp - accounting for 4% loss due to STP and not SAE

So, 672rwhp is probably absolute best with that configuration assuming a tuner who is probably very skilled and a tune that’s on point.

I’m going to assume most are not going to make the cut or maybe other factors like something with a greater safety factor. Another 4% loss puts you down to 645rwhp.

Maybe a Big Gulp is worth 4% and worth whatever CAI intake mods he was referencing …bringing power from 620 to 645. Guess 645-650 is the number I’m going to chase without headers.
Wow I’m making more than that with the mods in my sig. For a boatload less money than he spent. At 6000 ft altitude. On a 93 degree day. On stock pulleys.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 11:10 PM   #62
airtroop01

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
Wow I’m making more than that with the mods in my sig. For a boatload less money than he spent. At 6000 ft altitude. On a 93 degree day. On stock pulleys.
Well…. Couple of things there…

Really depends on what constraints you have:

1. Drag racing or Road Racing… I’m hoping that on a track, the big cooling bricks will help it from dropping off lap after lap. For me, the heat soak from street and open track kinda sucked. Drag where you can make a run and then do a cool down… the stock blower will take you a good way.

2. If you are able/willing to feed the 2650 with LT headers and fuel, the game will change quite a bit.

3. There are some deals to be had on a new Maggy 2650 - like $5500 or so if you don’t need the CARB legal full kit. When I priced out a Kong Port 1275, Stage X port 500, shipping container 50, sc rebuild (after all the maggy is new) 650, pulley 169. Total to Kong w/o shipping = $2644. So I figured I was half way there already might as well make the plunge on something I’ll grow with.

The supporting mods are still the same TB, CAI, Improved fuel delivery, and then you’re still stuck with a tiny blower than runs hot when you spin it and heat soaks with little bricks.

4. I needed something that had the capacity of the CARB legal certification. If I lived in any other state, LT’s would be on the beast too. Still may do it, but I’m a little stubborn and trying to see if I can get there “legally.” So that’s why I’m tweaking on the feed side right now like the OP is… CAI, TB, snout…
Old 06-28-2021, 10:05 AM   #63
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
Not that many in this Forum need to comply with CARB, but you mods' would not fly in CA. Some of us have to go with the bigger blower just to be compliant. I'm not saying you're wrong, because us 2650-guys running stock 90mm pulleys and such aren't close to getting to the potential of this blower, OR getting near max'ing the stock blower out, but we have to do things differently out here. You DO have a great running set-up.

BUT - I got my CARB-legal (well - intent) kit for less than $6K. That's not too bad. I can get me 700 without trying if I get brave enough.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 01:42 AM   #64
Vileintent

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Thought I'd give an update.

Last time I was on the dyno I encountered the dreaded oil pump failure (mines a March 2017 build) so I decided to upgrade it to the Katech one and do the cam at the same time. The pump pretty much shattered inside and some of the housing, luckily nothing came through into the engine or oil.

As of now the build is:
  • Magnuson 2650
  • Jannetty Racing Smooth Idle Cam Package*
  • Rotofab Big Gulp*
  • NW 103 Throttle Body (with matching snout)
  • ATI Super Dampener*
  • 12% Lower*
  • 90mm upper
  • C5R Racing Chain*
  • Johnson 2110 Lifters & CHE Trunnions*
  • JMS Voltage Booster
  • AWE Touring Cat Back Exhaust

Asterisked items are new since the last update.

I'm still waiting (been 3 months so far) on the CSP 2" Headers with ultra highflow cats so in the meantime it's the stock headers and we punched out the primary cats to give some flow.

Last time the numbers were: 620 RWHP, SAE, 92 Pump Gas, Dynojet

This time it's: 687 RWHP, SAE, 92 Pump Gas, 15lbs boost, Dynojet (+67)

I'm hoping to get some help from Ted once I have the headers and see if we can get the tune dialed in and get to 800 on pump gas like he's seen on other ZL1's.

It's been a journey.
Old 10-03-2021, 03:15 AM   #65
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:

Last time I was on the dyno I encountered the dreaded oil pump failure (mines a March 2017 build) so I decided to upgrade it to the Katech one and do the cam at the same time. The pump pretty much shattered inside and some of the housing, luckily nothing came through into the engine or oil.

As of now the build is:
  • Magnuson 2650
  • Rotofab Big Gulp*
  • ATI Super Dampener*
  • 12% Lower*
  • 90mm upper
  • C5R Racing Chain*
  • JMS Voltage Booster

I'm still waiting (been 3 months so far) on the CSP 2" Headers with ultra highflow cats so in the meantime it's the stock headers and we punched out the primary cats to give some flow.

I'm hoping to get some help from Ted once I have the headers and see if we can get the tune dialed in and get to 800 on pump gas like he's seen on other ZL1's.

It's been a journey.
Very nice. Sorry to hear about the about the oil pump but congrats on the performance improvement. Sounds like opening up the intake and exhaust was exactly what it needed. Should do even better with the headers.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 07:50 AM   #66
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Never trust chassis dyno numbers, and focus how the car runs instead
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 10:41 AM   #67
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:

As of now the build is:
  • Magnuson 2650
  • Rotofab Big Gulp*
  • ATI Super Dampener*
  • 12% Lower*
  • 90mm upper
  • C5R Racing Chain*
  • JMS Voltage Booster

It's been a journey.

Do you have your base table pic of your ignition timing? 687 is still quite low for what you have. I figure you may pickup 25-30rwhp with the headers. Also, what elevation are you at? That's a big factor.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 12:59 PM   #68
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:

As of now the build is:
  • Magnuson 2650
  • Rotofab Big Gulp*
  • ATI Super Dampener*
  • 12% Lower*
  • 90mm upper
  • C5R Racing Chain*
  • JMS Voltage Booster

It's been a journey.
It should pick up a good bit with headers.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 02:05 PM   #69
airtroop01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
It should pick up a good bit with headers.
I agree. I think headers and maybe timing on your tune is conservative given pump gas. How’s it feel?

Care to share your dyno graph? Though a hp tuners data log might be more telling.
Old 10-03-2021, 08:29 PM   #70
Vileintent

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
Do you have your base table pic of your ignition timing? 687 is still quite low for what you have. I figure you may pickup 25-30rwhp with the headers. Also, what elevation are you at? That's a big factor.
I only have the HP Tuners RTD. I can download the tune but not sure if I can open it and browse it. I'll give it a try.

I'm at Sea Level.