Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-27-2019, 04:41 AM   #15
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Please don’t add more mods until you can drive it correctly.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:24 AM   #16
AlphaCamaro7

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, NPP, A8, FBO, E85
buy a peddle commander and call it a day man.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:36 PM   #17
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS6th View Post
I will definitely need to record some pulls and dig launches to expirement, I was earlier, and yes, no one was around me, I promise, it was dark and no cars around on the highway
SR-54 here in Florida. It’s oki if they dislike me after my previous thread, mainly for me calling the car pathetic in the title on a Camaro forum, I definitely understand their hate/dislike towards me, it’s oki, I have no friends anyway really, but I mainly called it pathetic because I was upset at all the bad pulls I was getting due to my inexperience and all the money I put down towards it, and thought the car was just slow.
I’m still trying to get good pulls but can’t seem to, like the guy from the dealer that showed me when I was sitting with him.
I put back my K&N and still can’t pull the car like he did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure its not is Snow and Ice Mode. Is it a manual or Auto?
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 03:40 PM   #18
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce View Post
Are you sure its not is Snow and Ice Mode. Is it a manual or Auto?
You need to find his old thread. He was driving his automatic in manual mode and didn’t know what the gears meant.

It’s good for a laugh. Even better that it’s at someone else’s expense.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 03:40 PM   #19
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Nothing, but please don’t act like a drop in air filter is going to make a noticeable difference.
The Cone filters don't add much either they mostly just compliment additional mods.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:56 AM   #20
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
It just takes a little practice. To qualify myself, my only experience with paddle shifting was my '17 Charger R/T. (I am now in a '18 SS manual). Get to the roll speed, 40, 50 mph whatever. Use the down paddle to find the gear that gets you into that 3000 rpm at that speed. Then floor it and go into auto mode. (In the Charger, it was simply pulling the upshift paddle and holding it for 2 seconds, not sure what the Camaro is).
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 08:18 AM   #21
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
Fixed it for you....Jesus some people should just use Uber...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCamaro7 View Post
buy a peddle bike and call it a day man.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 04:19 PM   #22
2SS6th

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
It just takes a little practice. To qualify myself, my only experience with paddle shifting was my '17 Charger R/T. (I am now in a '18 SS manual). Get to the roll speed, 40, 50 mph whatever. Use the down paddle to find the gear that gets you into that 3000 rpm at that speed. Then floor it and go into auto mode. (In the Charger, it was simply pulling the upshift paddle and holding it for 2 seconds, not sure what the Camaro is).

Holding the down shift paddle until it puts the car into the lowest gear/highest RPM of the rolling speed I believe, right before it hits the redline, switch it to Auto/D, I’m still experimenting with everything and learning the car when no one is around, my times are actually slightly improving, I still can’t get a 4 second 0-60 yet, not sure why

2SS6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:31 PM   #23
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
You need to find his old thread. He was driving his automatic in manual mode and didn’t know what the gears meant.

It’s good for a laugh. Even better that it’s at someone else’s expense.
That's why I stay away from automatic trans cars, they are so difficult to learn to drive. I go with an old fashioned stick. I never could get those Auto trans to work for me.Levers. paddles. buttons to make it go just confuses me so so much.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:54 PM   #24
WhitesnakeSS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
And you likely won't get a 4 second 0-60. Most people don't. Best I have made on a true flat surface on the factory tires on the street not track is 4.3.
Some people claim it but it isn't the norm with factory tires on the street.
WhitesnakeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:42 PM   #25
gaveup

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 M6
Now, I was one of the guys who didn’t have anything nice to say in the last thread, but today is a new day.

While I am not entirely sure what kind of instant acceleration you are looking for, I can tell you that (until you learn your car) leaving the automatic transmission in auto will be your best bet. At this point, the car is smarter than you are when it comes to what it needs to do to accelerate quickly.

If you insist on leaving the car in manual mode (well, you should have just bought a manual), then you should try to get it around 4000 RPMS in the lowest gear you can and try to hit it. Keep in mind the car always feels faster from the passenger seat because you’re not bracing for the car to take off.

0-60 is really tire/pressure dependent.

You need to learn your car more, but most importantly learn it safely.
gaveup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 03:44 AM   #26
2SS6th

Regarding the 455lbs torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaveup View Post
Now, I was one of the guys who didn’t have anything nice to say in the last thread, but today is a new day.

While I am not entirely sure what kind of instant acceleration you are looking for, I can tell you that (until you learn your car) leaving the automatic transmission in auto will be your best bet. At this point, the car is smarter than you are when it comes to what it needs to do to accelerate quickly.

If you insist on leaving the car in manual mode (well, you should have just bought a manual), then you should try to get it around 4000 RPMS in the lowest gear you can and try to hit it. Keep in mind the car always feels faster from the passenger seat because you’re not bracing for the car to take off.

0-60 is really tire/pressure dependent.

You need to learn your car more, but most importantly learn it safely.

The kind of acceleration I’m looking for is instant like acceleration, when I floor it in automatic, it does fly, but it doesn’t fly immediately as I hit it to the floor, it makes me feel as if I’m not part of the car. I want it to feel as if I hit the peddle, the car will work with me as I adjust my foot. Similar to a blower I assume or how the ZL1’s are. Thanks so much, I am starting to improve more and more, I actually started getting better at my shifts, I found a very short clip of what exactly I’m trying to accomplish regarding acceleration off of rolls/cruising. Idk how to post a video/small clip on here, so I can show everyone what I’ve been trying to accomplish since the last thread.

Edit https://vimeo.com/363513754

Not sure if that’ll pop up, but I just cropped a video and uploaded that as an example of what I’ve been trying to do and practice on. I’m trying to accelerate and pass people with authority, and that’s why I’ve been having trouble in the past (and somewhat still now) accelerating, and I’m not attempting it near people, I’m trying to get better at accelerating like that so I can pass people around me.

Last edited by 2SS6th; 10-01-2019 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Uploaded a small clip on what I’m trying to do
Old 10-01-2019, 04:31 AM   #27
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
+1 to ditching the K&N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS6th View Post
...an example of what I was I’m trying to do... I’m trying to accelerate and pass people with authority
You're not going to get GTR performance from a SS. But you can drive like a douchebag just fine in any car.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:32 AM   #28
2SS6th

Regarding the 455lbs torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
+1 to ditching the K&N.

You're not going to get GTR performance from a SS. But you can drive like a douchebag just fine in any car.

Well not exactly like that or like a GTR’s acceleration, but similar. Obviously bone stock SS’s aren’t going to compete with a DCT AWD GTR, I do know ZL1’s can though for sure, but I’m looking to practice and accelerate like that similarly.