Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 05-22-2017, 10:34 AM   #57
ZXCamaro
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAmx2 View Post
Coming at this discussion from the other side, I am actually in the market for a HBM 1LE SS and have been watching them go new for $39-42 (for the good deals), I fully expect that by the fall (which is when I expect to be ready to purchase) if available, these will drop to $37+/- as the leftover 2016's last October were going for 20% off (I am fully aware that there may not be any 2016 1LE SS leftovers, but that's my timetable right now). I have noticed the number of them listed on Cars.com dwindle as of late but there are still a number en-route to dealerships that don't have them listed yet. I have seen 2 "Used" HBM 1LE SS's on Cars.com both asking over $42 which I think is crazy at this point in time, but if the demand is there and the supply isn't I totally understand it.

"If" I was ready to purchase today I would be happy to get a new one for $39-40, I would consider purchasing a used one that had a clean history for around $37 (price would vary depending on mileage and tire wear).

If I wait until the fall and they are available I would hope to be able to get a 2016 leftover for close to $37 and that should drop the price for a used one to $34-35, If I can't find one that meets that criteria I am willing to wait to get a 2018 and again hope to pay closer to $40 for it.

These are my "opinions and expectations" based on what I am willing to pay and hope the market will allow based on what I am seeing and have seen over the last year in the market. I hope this helps give another point of view on what someones used 1LE might be worth to resell. Again, this is what "I" would be willing to pay, others will undoubtedly be willing to pay more. One thing to remember about trading in a sports car at the end of summer in the Midwest or northern states is the demand for the cars drops off as demand for Trucks and SUV's goes up.

If the OP is in the market to sell later this year hit me up with a PM and maybe we can agree on a number and cut a dealership middleman out of the equation. Best of luck to you, I truly hope you get what you want/need for the car if you do decide to sell.
Trade is pending right now. I have the number I wanted from a local dealership that will retail it, not just wholesale it to a chevy store. So I should be driving something different in a day or two.

One thing I should say is it took shopping my car around to many dealers. The more the better. Once I got the trade in I wanted, I picked out a car. We will see how it all plays out. And yes my "accident" a.k.a the lower rear diffuser being replaced by insurance has effected my values. People are treating it like it was destroyed and put back together with glue. Meanwhile the reality was the only part that got replaced was the lower rear diffuser. Total out the door including the part and labor to install was less than $400. But it now shows on the autocheck report "rearend collision". Luckily I have the repair paperwork and all attempts to steal it from me based on this accident have been thwarted.

You have no legs to stand on trying to spin a $400 lower rear diffuser replaced by a body shop as a rearend collision that should effect my car's value by thousands of dollars. Anyway no matter. This 1LE will be traded in very soon most likely.
ZXCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:18 AM   #58
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
^that was my first thought when mine got hit - there goes my resale lol. mine was a similar accident to yours but i also got the exhaust replaced. I'm sure that whenever I try to trade in it will show up as some major rear end collision as well. Good luck on the trade in.....going back to Mopar?
Old 05-30-2017, 02:54 PM   #59
TransAmx2

Drives: '98 Pontiac Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXCamaro View Post
Trade is pending right now. I have the number I wanted from a local dealership that will retail it, not just wholesale it to a chevy store. So I should be driving something different in a day or two.

One thing I should say is it took shopping my car around to many dealers. The more the better. Once I got the trade in I wanted, I picked out a car. We will see how it all plays out. And yes my "accident" a.k.a the lower rear diffuser being replaced by insurance has effected my values. People are treating it like it was destroyed and put back together with glue. Meanwhile the reality was the only part that got replaced was the lower rear diffuser. Total out the door including the part and labor to install was less than $400. But it now shows on the autocheck report "rearend collision". Luckily I have the repair paperwork and all attempts to steal it from me based on this accident have been thwarted.

You have no legs to stand on trying to spin a $400 lower rear diffuser replaced by a body shop as a rearend collision that should effect my car's value by thousands of dollars. Anyway no matter. This 1LE will be traded in very soon most likely.
Grats on sticking to your guns and getting the $ you wanted for it, hope your deal goes through as expected. I understand the insurance claim thorn in your side and you did good by having the documentation to back up the "Minor" repair for what it was. Best of luck in the deal
2007 Z51 Corvette M6 (Salvage Project Car)
1987 Trans Am 350tpi A4 RIP
TransAmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote