Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-03-2017, 07:54 AM   #29
AchiliesSS

Drives: 2017 Black on Black 1SS
Well first if Chevrolet decides not to discontinue it based off the sales. There would be No way possible they are goin to be able to change the beltline, roof, or seating, that's all serious body structure work, wouldn't be a refresh it would be a redesign.
AchiliesSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:20 AM   #30
17txcamaross

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Bring back a model with T-Tops like the Gen 4 Camaro SS. That was one thing I had really wished was an option when shopping for my '17.
17txcamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:25 AM   #31
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17txcamaross View Post
Bring back a model with T-Tops like the Gen 4 Camaro SS. That was one thing I had really wished was an option when shopping for my '17.
We'll never see t-tops from the factory again. Aftermarket, sure. But no car can pass the federal impact and rollover specification mandates with t-tops.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:33 AM   #32
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
Lower the MSRP, Front parking sensors (or camera), collision avoidance braking, +10 HP & TQ, M7 to go along with the A10, rear brake calipers painter to match the front & let there be options on the colors like the Vette, Ricaro option for seats in the SS, colored stitching options, improved audio on the Bose system, full digital configurable gages, some new bold paint colors, option for AS tires on the SS, brake pad reformulated to reduce dust, trunk opening enlarged, center console storage enlarged

Last edited by BrianL; 03-04-2017 at 09:20 AM.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:40 AM   #33
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Front parking sensors (or camera), collision avoidance braking, +10 HP & TQ, M7 to go along with the A10, rear brake calipers painter to match the front & let there be options on the colors like the Vette, Ricaro option for seats in the SS,colored stitching options, improved audio on the Bose system, full digital configurable gages, some new bold paint colors, option for AS tires on the SS
^^ Pretty much nailed my thoughts exactly........
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:52 AM   #34
TransAmx2

Drives: '98 Pontiac Trans Am
I'd like to see Cooled seats on the 1LE Recaros
Blind spot monitoring standard
Back up Camera and sensors standard
Front curb sensors (optional I guess)
Flow Tie option (might now be possible if the ZL1 1LE fits)
Larger trunk opening
Better Stereo System
Different Caliper Color options would be nice.
+1 on the dark tail lights being a low cost factory option

This is a little out of left field but I'd like to see a 4 door Chevrolet RWD sports sedan built off the ATS-V platform with the LT1 Option. The ATS-V is great and all but the additional Cadillac premium and turbo V6 just aren't for me. I'd love GM to bring back a refreshed G8 /Holden like sedan and make it look more like a sports sedan and less like a stretched Malibu (I'm referring the the bland styling of the Chevrolet SS).

I know this isn't the Camaro "refresh" the OP was asking for but in my mind GM is losing market share to the Challenger/Charger platform by not offering a Chevrolet version of the ATS platform that has already been proven to be successful. Want a Challenger V8 but need a 4 door, get a charger, want a Camaro but need a functional back seat, in order to stay with GM you need to go with Cadillac ATS and pay the premium ($61k+ ATS-V), oh and you are set on the V8, now you need to step up to the CTS-V ($86k+).
2007 Z51 Corvette M6 (Salvage Project Car)
1987 Trans Am 350tpi A4 RIP

Last edited by TransAmx2; 03-03-2017 at 10:16 AM.
TransAmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #35
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Some changes I would like to see.

Different shift knob, not a fan of the red/orange insert. Aluminum or stainless insert with black print or suede.

Interior-dash mods to turn center dash towards driver to form more of a cockpit feel.

Facelift to hood, front and rear, test and modify front for dovetail rear spoiler performance on ZL1.

Change rear tail lights to dark, should be low cost factory option on all trim levels

Offer various rear spoiler options

Offer additional rim and tire packages. Should be able to order ZL1 1LE rims with daily driver tires at no cost/low cost factory option.

Focus on closing the wheel gap on the Standard ZL1.

Offer blue or black trim seats and belts instead of just red.

Luv the base 1LE but want more power, luv the ZL1 but over $20k more and don't need 650hp and all the bells and whistles like heated/cooled seats. Would like factory 550hp option priced somewhere in the middle.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:53 AM   #36
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Adaptive Cruise Control!!!
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:59 AM   #37
00 Trans Ram

Drives: 2017 2SS
I seriously hope that GM is NOT reading this thread. So disappointed!!

I do NOT want some nanny barking at me that there may or may not be a car in front of me that may or may not be slowing down. And, if it even THINKS about trying to hit the brakes for me, I will pull over and beat my own car with a baseball bat.

I have eyes. I have ears. I will decide when, where, and how to apply brakes, steering input, etc. If I wanted someone else to drive my car, I'd get my wife. Not some engineer and computer programmer.

What do I want to see in the next Camaro? Things that make it more fun for ME to drive the car. NOT things that will make it OK for me to be an imbecile and ignore the road around me.
00 Trans Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:00 AM   #38
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Trans Ram View Post

I do NOT want some nanny barking at me that there may or may not be a car in front of me that may or may not be slowing down. And, if it even THINKS about trying to hit the brakes for me, I will pull over and beat my own car with a baseball bat.

I have eyes. I have ears. I will decide when, where, and how to apply brakes, steering input, etc. If I wanted someone else to drive my car, I'd get my wife. Not some engineer and computer programmer.

What do I want to see in the next Camaro? Things that make it more fun for ME to drive the car. NOT things that will make it OK for me to be an imbecile and ignore the road around me.
My thoughts exactly - OFF BUTTON!!!
Old 03-03-2017, 10:23 AM   #39
TransAmx2

Drives: '98 Pontiac Trans Am
Quote:

I don't want/ need adaptive cruise, don't think i need the front impact assist braking, but, if these things were on the cars they would likely lower the insurance rates on the car. As much as I wouldn't want or need them, I might be able to justify their existence on my car if they paid for themselves within the first few years of ownership through insurance savings.
2007 Z51 Corvette M6 (Salvage Project Car)
1987 Trans Am 350tpi A4 RIP
TransAmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:32 AM   #40
fastball
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
My thoughts exactly - OFF BUTTON!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAmx2 View Post
I don't want/ need adaptive cruise, don't think i need the front impact assist braking, but, if these things were on the cars they would likely lower the insurance rates on the car. As much as I wouldn't want or need them, I might be able to justify their existence on my car if they paid for themselves within the first few years of ownership through insurance savings.
If you looked at my previous post, you'd have seen I explained that all manufacturers have met and agreed to make pre-collision breaking and radar cruise STANDARD on 85% of their cars by 2020. This took place last year.

I've driven cars with it already, and I can say that you can adjust the sensitivity (distance to the car in front of you before it reduces speed) but you can't turn it off completely.

The alternative is to buy a manual transmission. Radar cruise and braking won't work on a manual because the car is mechanically locked into whichever gear you are in at the time and will stall without driver engagement when the ground speed becomes too slow for the gear ratio to keep the engine speed up.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:34 AM   #41
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Same roofline with 1" to 2" lower beltline.
19" wheel option for SS 1LE.
A/C that doesn't turn off recirculate every time you start the car.
Windshield that doesn't fog up with the A/C on.
Front curbview camera.
Nothing with the roofline or beltline is going to change on a refresh. (although an inch or so lower beltline on the next gen would be great.)

Honestly...there is not much I can ask for from this car from a refresh. I think its pretty damn good as is.

- I'd like to see the A10 available for the SS (to match Mustang).
- A revised rear end look. I love the front as it is...not sure how small tweaks can make it much better (aside from small things like the optional lower grille ducts and chin spoiler...things like that) but I have an open mind.
- Typical interior updates and feature updates. I don't expect a big interior overhaul. Maybe some changes to leather styling and such.
- I don't see it happening, but a small power bump across the engine line would be spectacular.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:38 AM   #42
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Nothing with the roofline or beltline is going to change on a refresh. (although an inch or so lower beltline on the next gen would be great.)

Honestly...there is not much I can ask for from this car from a refresh. I think its pretty damn good as is.

- I'd like to see the A10 available for the SS (to match Mustang).
- A revised rear end look. I love the front as it is...not sure how small tweaks can make it much better (aside from small things like the optional lower grille ducts and chin spoiler...things like that) but I have an open mind.
- Typical interior updates and feature updates. I don't expect a big interior overhaul. Maybe some changes to leather styling and such.
- I don't see it happening, but a small power bump across the engine line would be spectacular.
The A10 is guaranteed to be on the SS. Might even be on the V6 and T-4 in short time. GM and Ford didn't spend the kind of money they spent on developing it to only use it on low production versions of their high performance cars.

They need to recoup their investment on it, and it helps to meet those pesky EPA numbers (which hopefully will be going down or away with our new chief). You will see the 10 speed in many cars sooner than you think.