Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 10-02-2018, 07:54 PM   #2409
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
My Camaro trapped 122 MPH. And I did a best of 11.8 my third time out in it and after not being to the track for 2 years prior to that. And I was stock on stock "street" settings with no launch and on the stock tires with 34 psi. Oh, and it was about 80 degrees out. Oh, and I didn't have a "drag pack", lol!!

So is this another one of those Mustangs that are "stock" with only a drag pack, intake, cai, exhaust, weight removed, DRs...?? LOL!!
don't know whether to congratulate you or offer condolences.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:47 PM   #2410
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
don't know whether to congratulate you or offer condolences.
And I don't know whether you're trolling or that you just don't know much at all about racing.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:58 AM   #2411
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
*unless owned by "hotlap"

fixed.
You got me. I’m a crappy driver so my 100% stock A8 only ran 12.2. In 2016!

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:15 AM   #2412
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
And I don't know whether you're trolling or that you just don't know much at all about racing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
You got me. I’m a crappy driver so my 100% stock A8 only ran 12.2. In 2016!
Typical fanboy frustration coming out as personal insults, happens every time.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:22 AM   #2413
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
well the racer side of me is that you went .3 slower at roughly the same mph in a ZL1 vs. a guy in a GT with just a drag pack, but the "try to say positive things" side of me is like

I was being honest...zero troll.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:31 AM   #2414
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Typical fanboy frustration coming out as personal insults, happens every time.
I asked if anyone had gone faster than that specific car. A yes with a link or a no was all that was required, instead I got a couple a silly responses from the usual suspects and Ultra saying he was close and he thinks he saw a guy on youtube do it...no link though.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:34 AM   #2415
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
well the racer side of me is that you went .3 slower at roughly the same mph in a ZL1 vs. a guy in a GT with just a drag pack, but the "try to say positive things" side of me is like

I was being honest...zero troll.
I'm gonna call it "trolling". I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. I know you can interpret what the MPH means at the end of a quarter mile. So if you insist that a drag pack GT has anything on a ZL1 then you're trolling. I'll disregard the fact that this is a YT video and we have to take a complete stranger's word for it. But there are ZL1s that have hit low 11s and I believe one or two that hit high 10s BONE STOCK. That is, according to the people who own the car. Which in this particular nonsense from you I'll be willing to accept as honest truth since we're gonna take the Mustang guy's word for it as well. Now I don't know of any streetable/street legal DOT approved for the street Mustang at all in existence that has ever gone high 10s or low 11s in the quarter mile bone stock without any modifications. So that is what I was getting at.
Quote:
I asked if anyone had gone faster than that specific car. A yes with a link or a no was all that was required, instead I got a couple a silly responses from the usual suspects and Ultra saying he was close and he thinks he saw a guy on youtube do it...no link though.
Well I'll give you a different reply. How many bone stock S550 Mustangs out there have trapped better than 122 MPH or gone faster than an 11.8? No "drag pack", no mods at all, no lowered tire pressure, on factory stock tires, no launching, no "drag mode", stock weight with nothing removed...how many S550 Mustangs out there can run an 11.8 and/or hit 122 MPH in the quarter mile in those conditions? I mean, since we're asking loaded questions. Not a single one.

To give you perspective, even Evans, a pro driver, at his best could not do an 11.86 and hit 122 MPH in the best of conditions while giving it his best effort in late Fall early Winter weather. I did it with minimum effort in the middle of Summer, lol!! And I'm not even a good driver by any stretch of the imagination. So no matter how you slice it, until the GT500 comes out, the Mustang is by far slower than the Camaro.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:37 AM   #2416
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Me and 2 or 3 others were in that range. It’s all been posted. My run is on video on YouTube. The 11.5 run can be found on YouTube as well. And has been posted on here. All with actual slips.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:39 AM   #2417
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
In regards to this I don't put a whole lot of stock in any of these runs because you never know what else may have been done to the car that simply is not mentioned. Tune, E85, exhaust all of those fun things folks forget to mention. I look at the average. If the average is 116-mph and somebody rips off a 122-mph well the BS meter registers
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 08:04 AM   #2418
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
I'm gonna call it "trolling". I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. I know you can interpret what the MPH means at the end of a quarter mile. So if you insist that a drag pack GT has anything on a ZL1 then you're trolling. I'll disregard the fact that this is a YT video and we have to take a complete stranger's word for it. But there are ZL1s that have hit low 11s and I believe one or two that hit high 10s BONE STOCK. That is, according to the people who own the car. Which in this particular nonsense from you I'll be willing to accept as honest truth since we're gonna take the Mustang guy's word for it as well. Now I don't know of any streetable/street legal DOT approved for the street Mustang at all in existence that has ever gone high 10s or low 11s in the quarter mile bone stock without any modifications. So that is what I was getting at.

Well I'll give you a different reply. How many bone stock S550 Mustangs out there have trapped better than 122 MPH or gone faster than an 11.8? No "drag pack", no mods at all, no lowered tire pressure, on factory stock tires, no launching, no "drag mode", stock weight with nothing removed...how many S550 Mustangs out there can run an 11.8 and/or hit 122 MPH in the quarter mile in those conditions? I mean, since we're asking loaded questions. Not a single one.

To give you perspective, even Evans, a pro driver, at his best could not do an 11.86 and hit 122 MPH in the best of conditions while giving it his best effort in late Fall early Winter weather. I did it with minimum effort in the middle of Summer, lol!! And I'm not even a good driver by any stretch of the imagination. So no matter how you slice it, until the GT500 comes out, the Mustang is by far slower than the Camaro.
cool story, but wtf does a ZL1 have to do with a GT on a drag pack?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Me and 2 or 3 others were in that range. It’s all been posted. My run is on video on YouTube. The 11.5 run can be found on YouTube as well. And has been posted on here. All with actual slips.
I asked if a Camaro had gone faster, not who was within a tenth or so. If you had posted the link to the 11.5, I would have responded "awesome, thanks" and all this nonsense could have been avoided.

If this is the pass you're referring to...

I found it. Awesome, Thanks.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:43 AM   #2419
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
cool story, but wtf does a ZL1 have to do with a GT on a drag pack?
You tell me, you're the one who asked the effing question. You asked "any Camaro faster on drag pack only?" and I am answering you that there are ZL1s that are running faster than that bone stock. And then I asked you if there were any S550 GTs trapping 11.8 and 122 MPH bone stock on factory tires without any changes or adjustments at all to which we all know the answer is no. So the point is that yes, there are Camaros running better and faster than an 11.5 and they don't need a drag pack to do it. And further there isn't one bone stock S550 Mustang that is running what I ran bone stock.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:48 AM   #2420
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Any Camaro faster on drag pack only?
Since you're obviously confused I will spell things out for you. So again, you asked if any Camaro is faster on a drag pack only. Your words above. (See above post written by you). Now a ZL1 is a Camaro. Still following me? Ok. So to answer your question again, yes, there are Camaros that are running better than the Mustang in this video and they're doing it bone stock WITHOUT a drag pack or whatever the hell you guys are calling it. So to make it much simpler for you, the answer is yes.

So now I ask you, is there any S550 Mustang running an 11.8 and trapping 122 MPH bone stock on stock tires with stock tire pressure and no mods, no changes, full weight, nothing altered at all?
Old 10-03-2018, 11:43 AM   #2421
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Since you're obviously confused I will spell things out for you. So again, you asked if any Camaro is faster on a drag pack only. Your words above. (See above post written by you). Now a ZL1 is a Camaro. Still following me? Ok. So to answer your question again, yes, there are Camaros that are running better than the Mustang in this video and they're doing it bone stock WITHOUT a drag pack or whatever the hell you guys are calling it. So to make it much simpler for you, the answer is yes.

So now I ask you, is there any S550 Mustang running an 11.8 and trapping 122 MPH bone stock on stock tires with stock tire pressure and no mods, no changes, full weight, nothing altered at all?
Old 10-03-2018, 02:54 PM   #2422
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
wow can't we just let this thread die lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote