Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-10-2018, 05:43 PM   #2255
Mike00

Drives: Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
We go through this everytime.

New performance Mustang is due.
Opposite camp makes obsurd price predictions.
Car comes in nowhere near ridiculous predictions.

Rinse.
Repeat.

Whether the car performs on par, slightly better, or slightly worse, than a ZL/1LE, it’s going to be priced within a few thousand dollars.
MSRP will likely be within ~$5k. No disagreement there.

Ford dealer network though will make it a MASSIVE gap. You can't even begin to argue it they are still marking up the GT350R quite a bit. It's ridiculous.
Mike00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:37 PM   #2256
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike00 View Post
MSRP will likely be within ~$5k. No disagreement there.

Ford dealer network though will make it a MASSIVE gap. You can't even begin to argue it they are still marking up the GT350R quite a bit. It's ridiculous.
Oh, absolutely. Someone would have to have cat turds for brains to say there won’t be an absurd mark up on a LOT of them. Not all though. There are always a few people that pull one in just under MSRP, some at MSRP, and a bunch that either sell or sit for awhile at ridiculous markup values.
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:40 PM   #2257
Mike00

Quote:
Oh, absolutely. Someone would have to have cat turds for brains to say there won’t be an absurd mark up on a LOT of them. Not all though. There are always a few people that pull one in just under MSRP, some at MSRP, and a bunch that either sell or sit for awhile at ridiculous markup values.
I hope you are right. I just have a feeling the GT500 will be priced with the mark-ups we are seeing on the R.

MSRP at a price in 70-75k range and I'll probably own one. I just think we'll see nothing but $90k+

Honestly, all dealers have done it but Fords had been worse. When Dodge was doing same ot Hellcat they slammed the dealers and overproduced. Ford has been running this way for some time and it's stupid because they frankly don't perform as well as their counterparts.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:12 PM   #2258
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
If people didn’t pay the markups that are put on the cars, dealerships wouldn’t add them.

Supply and demand.

Sure, the dealers are turds for doing it, but the people who pay the ADMs are the enablers. Besides, if I owned a dealership and had someone offer me 10,000 more for a car than the guy next to him... I’m selling it for more. (Yes, I realize that would make me a turd)
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:51 PM   #2259
Mike00

Quote:
If people didn’t pay the markups that are put on the cars, dealerships wouldn’t add them.

Supply and demand.

Sure, the dealers are turds for doing it, but the people who pay the ADMs are the enablers. Besides, if I owned a dealership and had someone offer me 10,000 more for a car than the guy next to him... I’m selling it for more. (Yes, I realize that would make me a turd)

I work in sales. What i know is that type of business tends to not get repeat bussines.

Anyway it's a good example why I won't own a GT500 even though I could afford it. I'll give my money to Chevy or Dodge.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:50 AM   #2260
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
I think that Ford would want the base MSRP to be near the competition, so say $65K-$70K is my range. Optioned up, closer to $75k, and with ADM's, well who cares? I will never pay ADM. If I was interested, I would just wait. Especially seeing how many bugs Ford has had lately with the Mustang (GT350 issues, and new 2018 GT issues), it would be prudent to wait anyway.

But that means Ford is a bit limited in how well it compares to the competition. That is why a GT500 and GT500R make a bit of sense. They could keep the base MSRP reasonable, and then go after the competition with the R version for a bit more money.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:34 PM   #2261
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I doubt there will be 2 versions of the car. We would have known that by now if that was the route Ford was gonna take. Remember, the GT350 came first and then the GT350R came a year later. Can Ford really take the chance and put out a lower performing GT500 first and then wait to put out the second one? Can they get away with putting them both out at the same time? There will be just one. The only way I can see them doing this is maybe offering one that is a base model and doesn't come with any options and then one in the higher option group that has everything. But each one will have to have all of the performance goodies. No R version and non-R version.
Based on the spy shots we have seen it does appear that are are "different versions" of the 500 running around. At least that's what the tea leaves on the other forum make it sound like.

And the 350 and 350R came out at the same time. In 2015 there were 100 350 Models made, and 37 R models made. Then full production for 2016 model year, so both cars were available at the same time.

If they go the two model route, I think they will do it just like the ZL1 does. One that is a fully capable grand tourer and than what amounts to a super aggressive track pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
I think that Ford would want the base MSRP to be near the competition, so say $65K-$70K is my range. Optioned up, closer to $75k, and with ADM's, well who cares? I will never pay ADM. If I was interested, I would just wait. Especially seeing how many bugs Ford has had lately with the Mustang (GT350 issues, and new 2018 GT issues), it would be prudent to wait anyway.

But that means Ford is a bit limited in how well it compares to the competition. That is why a GT500 and GT500R make a bit of sense. They could keep the base MSRP reasonable, and then go after the competition with the R version for a bit more money.
This ^

The ZLE targets a very specific buyer, I can't see Ford making the GT500 only have one variant that only goes after the ZLE.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:54 AM   #2262
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Based on the spy shots we have seen it does appear that are are "different versions" of the 500 running around. At least that's what the tea leaves on the other forum make it sound like.

And the 350 and 350R came out at the same time. In 2015 there were 100 350 Models made, and 37 R models made. Then full production for 2016 model year, so both cars were available at the same time.

If they go the two model route, I think they will do it just like the ZL1 does. One that is a fully capable grand tourer and than what amounts to a super aggressive track pack.

This ^

The ZLE targets a very specific buyer, I can't see Ford making the GT500 only have one variant that only goes after the ZLE.
I guess we shall see soon enough. I'm still thinking there will be just one and they will try to tackle the ZL1 in the quarter mile, keep up with the ZL1 (non-1LE) on the track enough to be in close range, and I think it'll be close to the Demon even if it doesn't actually beat the Demon. But we'll see.

I was considering getting one only if there are no markups. However now I'm having second thoughts. The GT500 will have to be something really special for me to actually move on one and I'm not sure it will be enough. So I'd rather just mod the two cars I already have.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:06 PM   #2263
shaffe

GT PP2 was .65 slower than the 1LE around Laguna Seca.

Pretty much about how I expected it to go, the PP2 closed the gap, made it at least a respectable showing against the 1LE, but the 1LE was still able to put down better times.

What shocked me a little, was that they still felt the Mustang was a little unsettled.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford...t-test-review/
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 08-14-2018, 12:09 PM   #2264
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:

Pretty much about how I expected it to go, the PP2 closed the gap, made it at least a respectable showing against the 1LE, but the 1LE was still able to put down better times.

What shocked me a little, was that they still felt the Mustang was a little unsettled.

A very little I would hope. The PP2 is still just a polished turd.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:37 PM   #2265
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:

I'm not sure you can claim victory for the 1LE in the lap times as they were not run same day same time. That being said I think it is clear that Pobst feels the 1LE is the better track car, after reading this article I agree. At this point Ford still isn't offering me anything other than a GT350 that would get me out of my Boss.

Disappointing review for the PP2 especially coming after the R&T review.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:12 PM   #2266
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
This is why I say the SS 1LE is the star of the 6th gen. Not only did the PP2 have better tires, it had wider front tires. Excuses....poof. Alpha!

Quote:
When asked how the Mustang GT PP2 compares to the Camaro SS 1LE, Randy quickly replied, "It's not balanced like that damn Camaro. It's still not there... " Besides the difference in the outright lap times... the Mustang's twitchy entry attitude and its pesky stability control system were no match for the composure and confidence supplied by the Camaro SS 1LE—even on a street tire. Can you imagine what the Camaro would do on a Pilot Sport Cup 2?
Quote:
"I can drive a Camaro like this on a road like this?!" bafflement that prompted many staffers to later echo one another by saying variations of, "The Camaro SS 1LE isn't just a muscle car; it's a world-class sports car."
Quote:
In the Mustang, on the other hand, a majority of the staff complained about the unsettled chassis (in Sport+ or Track). Unlike on a flat race track, the imperfect back road caused constant vertical motions so that it never felt settled and stable at any given moment.
Quote:
with outright wins in acceleration, figure eight, skidpad lateral-g average, a Laguna Seca lap time, as well as the unanimously favorable subjective analysis from our staff and Randy Pobst, the Camaro SS 1LE is still the best all-around pony car available

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:21 PM   #2267
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
PP3 WILL BEAT IT !! - Ferd guys
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:31 PM   #2268
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
This is why I say the SS 1LE is the star of the 6th gen. Not only did the PP2 have better tires, it had wider front tires. Excuses....poof. Alpha!
They definitely seemed to nail the SS1LE about 100% as good as they could have.