Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-30-2015, 06:59 PM   #1
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Spoiler issue

I feel like I am spamming here but I think this is the appropriate forum area. I ordered my 2SS and -really hate- the default spoiler. I tried to get the blade/lip spoiler instead and it just wasn't an option for the 2ss or 1ss at the dealer. It actually showed up under the 2LT I think

Anyone else experience this? Why did they do it like this if that's the case?
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:29 PM   #2
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
The blade spoiler that is on the Chevy website is NOT available on the system yet. The spoiler option for the non-SS camaros are the SS spoilers which you will have. I have already checked and contact Maureen @ Rodgers about it. SS spoiler is THE only available spoiler right now, $245 + $150 for painting. However, once the BLADE spoiler is available.. I will be contacted. I will be grabbing it. I havent seen the stock SS spoiler out in the wild yet but from all the pictures, I cannot say I am fan and I do want it GONE lol.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:35 PM   #3
Whis

Ah crap, thanks for all of the detail. Why is it taking long to add this option? Also did she have any idea of an ETA?
Old 10-30-2015, 07:42 PM   #4
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
Ah crap, thanks for all of the detail. Why is it taking long to add this option? Also did she have any idea of an ETA?
Who knows why it's taking or is going to take long. I wanted to order mine WITH that blade spoiler (rather tried to add that to the order before production as I already had placed my order). No idea on the ETA of it either.

Could be a lot of reasons why they aren't offering it just yet. Maybe they haven't made enough, haven't shipped em to their DC (distribution centers), pricing isn't done, install manual isn't done, they don't want people to start customizing their cars too fast and want the "stock" look to be around for a little bit for marketing traction... Could be anything and those are just my guesses lol.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:44 PM   #5
Whis

Hmm ok, guess I'll deal and just keep an eye out. As always thanks for the super detailed post!
Old 11-01-2015, 07:25 PM   #6
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Could be a lot of reasons why they aren't offering it just yet. Maybe they haven't made enough, haven't shipped em to their DC (distribution centers), pricing isn't done, install manual isn't done, they don't want people to start customizing their cars too fast and want the "stock" look to be around for a little bit for marketing traction... Could be anything and those are just my guesses lol.
My guess is they have a 100,000 or more in the barn and the only way they'll get rid of those ugly-ass things is to force them on 6th Gen SS buyers. GM will come out with an option after 6 months or so... once all the current stock is exhausted. I really I hate the look of that spoiler.

My question is: would one from a 6th Gen LT fit the SS?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:51 PM   #7
DREWZ SS

Drives: 14 Camaro - 92 Corolla
they make more money when you purchase ANOTHER spoiler after the fact...
that's my take because it is pretty awful looking, might as well buy a civic if you drive around with that thing on there.
DREWZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #8
MikosV6
Account Suspended

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LS/M6
They should make it a delete option if you don't want it on an SS. I bet with the outcries people are going to voice about it, GM will probably make it an option delete for '17.
MikosV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:12 PM   #9
Johnman

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 convertible IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikosV6 View Post
They should make it a delete option if you don't want it on an SS. I bet with the outcries people are going to voice about it, GM will probably make it an option delete for '17.
GM has to provide proper downforce for cars that go 160mph plus. It's a liability issue. This spoiler obviously provided the best downforce according to their tests. You would be foolish to change it, especially if you plan on any high speed runs.
Johnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:22 PM   #10
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnman View Post
GM has to provide proper downforce for cars that go 160mph plus. It's a liability issue. This spoiler obviously provided the best downforce according to their tests. You would be foolish to change it, especially if you plan on any high speed runs.
Exactly! And the fact that it looks very nice in person, I think people who are judging it have not seen it in person, I actually like it and have seen it in person!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:24 PM   #11
GMGP5X

Drives: 2011 2LT RS VR 2008 Silverado 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Exactly! And the fact that it looks very nice in person, I think people who are judging it have not seen it in person, I actually like it and have seen it in person!
Agree with that statement. Seen it in person also.
2LT RS VR / ARK DTS Cat back exhaust / Roto-Fab CAI / RPI stealth mud guards /Defender works billet chrome door sills/ DIY painted engine cover, trunk corners, and brake rotors / RX catch can / Team LLT badges. Team LLT
GMGP5X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:27 PM   #12
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMGP5X View Post
Agree with that statement. Seen it in person also.
I think everything astetically exterior and interior just work on this car as a whole, everything ties in nicely, including the SS spoiler. Pictures do not do this car justice at all!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:33 PM   #13
Hypertrophy

Drives: truck
Thumbs up

After hearing so much hate for the SS spoiler I had to say something... I hate that ugly spoiler too!

I just got back from the Find New Roads event in my area and I have to say, the car is even better in person. They had a summit white RS and it has just a hint of a spoiler. It doesn't detract from the lines of the car at all. Looks fantastic.
Hypertrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:19 AM   #14
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Nice stock spoiler (LT version)
Name:  2016-Chevrolet-Camaro-RS (Spoiler).jpg
Views: 3809
Size:  78.0 KB

Ugly stock spoiler (SS version)
Name:  2016-Chevrolet-Camaro-SS (Spoiler).jpg
Views: 3330
Size:  83.1 KB
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote