Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-12-2019, 11:22 PM   #1
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Drives: i want a camaro
rear reflectors removal w/o removing the entire bumper

does anybody know how to get the rear reflectors out with out removing the entire bumper on a 2020 LS/LT model Camaro.

thank you
Attached Images

Last edited by D.O.M.D1; 11-12-2019 at 11:33 PM.
D.O.M.D1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:31 PM   #2
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
They’re kind of a pain, but it CAN be done without removing the bumper or any part of the rear fascia. I had the muffler shop do them after they removed the suitcase muffler. It took them about 5 minutes to install them and I watched them do it. A screw driver will fit but it’s a weird angle because of that aluminum bracket. Fortunately it’s only one screw per reflector. Mine is an SS but I think they are probably the same.
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:38 PM   #3
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by caSStro18 View Post
They’re kind of a pain, but it CAN be done without removing the bumper or any part of the rear fascia. I had the muffler shop do them after they removed the suitcase muffler. It took them about 5 minutes to install them and I watched them do it. A screw driver will fit but it’s a weird angle because of that aluminum bracket. Fortunately it’s only one screw per reflector. Mine is an SS but I think they are probably the same.
I think your right because the 5 mph absorber and the bar/bracket is in the way, sorry I meant 19-20 Camaro not 16-18 Camaros, they were "easier" to get to the screws
Old 11-12-2019, 11:54 PM   #4
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
It all about the right tool for the job. Took me about 10 mins to change them both. Google Skewdriver. Also makes side marker access about a 2 min job.

Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:20 AM   #5
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqwert6 View Post
It all about the right tool for the job. Took me about 10 mins to change them both. Google Skewdriver. Also makes side marker access about a 2 min job.

but how did you do it, please tell me
Old 11-13-2019, 05:54 AM   #6
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.M.D1 View Post
but how did you do it, please tell me
They're held on by one screw, in behind the bumper cover. It's in a tight spot, but once you find it all you have to do is unscrew it and they pop out. Put the new ones in and put the screw back in.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:53 AM   #7
AlphaCamaro7

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, NPP, A8, FBO, E85
so when're you gonna actually buy the car? lmao
Old 11-13-2019, 08:18 AM   #8
MPLJR1222

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caSStro18 View Post
+1 exactly
Old 11-14-2019, 08:16 AM   #9
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCamaro7 View Post
so when're you gonna actually buy the car? lmao
LOL
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:44 PM   #10
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Apex View Post
LOL
come on you guys give me a break I want to gain information before I bite the bullet on parts & accessories and the car itself(to decorate my Camaro because after all it will be my first car and I want it to be nice) and don't take a dump on me just because I'm asking "stupid" questions all over the forum
Old 11-14-2019, 11:26 PM   #11
Ron2ss

Drives: 2020 2ss vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.M.D1 View Post
come on you guys give me a break I want to gain information before I bite the bullet on parts & accessories and the car itself(to decorate my Camaro because after all it will be my first car and I want it to be nice) and don't take a dump on me just because I'm asking "stupid" questions all over the forum
If I may, I'd like to make a suggestion: Before making any decisions about accessorizing your future car, acquire it first. Live with it and get familiar with what it is. You will then have a better feel for what you want to do to it. This is advice gleaned from an enthusiast with 55 years of car ownership (yeah I have just dated myself )
Ron2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:52 AM   #12
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron2ss View Post
If I may, I'd like to make a suggestion: Before making any decisions about accessorizing your future car, acquire it first. Live with it and get familiar with what it is. You will then have a better feel for what you want to do to it. This is advice gleaned from an enthusiast with 55 years of car ownership (yeah I have just dated myself )
hey man your good with your history of car ownership (wear it like a badge of honor) I grew up around GM myself from Buick, Oldsmobile, Saturn, Pontiac, and GMC(expect Chevrolet because my family never considered it)

I know I want in terms of parts & accessories because I looked extensively into all the trims, packs and body configurations of the 6th gen. I went to dealerships and looked at all of them and was thinking(along the way) what parts that I can use on the car I want to get(also watched you tube of the procedures to swap out the parts).

I have looked into some companies and small biz outfits like that gm parts guy(now wildhammer motorsports),diode dynamics,gen5diy,phastek performance,ZL1 addons, Emblem pros,River City Creations,Chevrolet/GM directly(via dealerships),rockauto(for a minute) amazon.com(to a certain extent)

Last edited by D.O.M.D1; 11-15-2019 at 02:10 AM.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:32 AM   #13
2SSRedline

Drives: '18 Camaro SS Redline, '20 Bolt EV
So the OP doesn't own the car yet, who cares. At least he's interested.
It's not like no one ever asks a foolish question on here. (No offense to the OP.)
2SSRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:03 AM   #14
greg0ry

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
I did it without removing rear bumper or diffuser. I remember it was a bitch til towards the end I realized it didn't have to be that bad, I just made it annoying on myself. With the right tools, it shouldn't be that bad. IDK if it's any different on your car, mine is a 2019 SS. I replaced those reflectors for smoked out ones. P.S. i luvz ur profile pic xo xx
greg0ry is offline   Reply With Quote