Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-17-2019, 12:20 PM   #15
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
My favorite of all time. Get this ad company back

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:55 PM   #16
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
The ad executives at Chevrolet thought they were working at CNN and got a little carried away. You mean you can’t lie on television every chance you get? You mean you have to tell the truth in an ad well I certainly wouldn’t of gotten that from watching the news. See this is what happens when everybody thinks they can start telling lies on television with no consequence. Thank God for Toyota standing up otherwise this lie would’ve been perpetuated. Chevrolet absolutely knew this was not true which is why they pulled the ad immediately.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:59 PM   #17
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
The ad executives at Chevrolet thought they were working at CNN and got a little carried away. You mean you can’t lie on television every chance you get? You mean you have to tell the truth in an ad well I certainly wouldn’t of gotten that from watching the news. See this is what happens when everybody thinks they can start telling lies on television with no consequence. Thank God for Toyota standing up otherwise this lie would’ve been perpetuated. Chevrolet absolutely knew this was not true which is why they pulled the ad immediately.
All joking aside, what I find amazing is that the ad was approved in the first place. Some here may be familiar with the process of national ad campaign approval at GM and perhaps they will comment, but I am reasonably sure that a number of people had to sign off on the ad before it went out.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:38 PM   #18
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Boss liked it.. everyone else just Yes-Man'ed it.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:47 PM   #19
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
The ads still playing locally so the article is a little misleading.
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:49 PM   #20
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
I've seen that ad a couple of time. Always made me raise an eyebrow. They said "...according to a survey" or some such which raised another eyebrow.

I would love for American cars to take the reliability crown, and they could do it if they decided to, but that has yet to happen, IMHO.
I used to think that there is absolutely no reason why GM's vehicles shouldn't be ranked at the top, or near the top, of reliability on a consistent basis. They have the talent and money to put this at the top of the priority list.

Hearing that GM has re-allocated capitol to focus on their fantasyland business model, they probably pulled a chunk of money from the quality budget.

Meaning GM's quality ratings in the future will probably go down for ICE vehicles.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:04 PM   #21
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Reliability in what regard, initial quality?
In an independent but GM-financed study, it was found that Chevy vehicles have the highest reliability when it comes to holding a bowtie emblem on their grill. The other manufacturer's vehicles were disqualified for not having one to begin with.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:52 PM   #22
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
My mom's old Toyota was a POS....no0ne surveyed her.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:56 PM   #23
CoolbreezeNJ

Drives: '18 Hotwheels 2SS
There is certainly a bias and often deserved that American cars are not reliable but it is a BIAS!! More of less this bias comes from say a Honda Civic vs a Chevy Cruze. Sure Honda and Toyota make a great little car but, but--- my wife has an Accord and we have gotten 3 lawsuits on it. The latest one is that the engine warrantly has been extended 8 years or 120K miles. Turns out they use those low pressure piston rings and well they are burning oil and fouling plugs which did happen to us. Or a BMW M engine that spins rod bearings. How would you like that one????

I have owned them all and have had good and bad from them all. I can tell you this is that in order for Honda or Toyota to do a recall then they have to be sued where as we do get some good TSB type work from GM , Ford and Mopar. Go and talk to an honest Honda service manager and he can tell you some stories for sure!!!
CoolbreezeNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:37 PM   #24
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
I love the spoofed version. "initial quality". So it's great for the 1st 90 days, then it sucks

I love my camaro but those ads are just bending the truth, and that's putting it mildly.

Look at the A8 issues..... After the 1st 90 days, the quality is likely to be crappy, that's closer to the truth imho
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 05:44 AM   #25
biker2k

Drives: 2018 2ss 1le
Quote:
I think you meant fox "news" Or opinion programming as they call it.....
but what I will agree on is that these claims based on surveys are highly subjective...
Old 01-18-2019, 07:25 AM   #26
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
They didn't pull the ad, I saw it last night.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:46 AM   #27
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
My favorite of all time. Get this ad company back

That was awesome! I don't remember that one, but I like it! The one that sticks out in my memory was when first advertising the CTS-V's where the said, "When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?" I have to say, my Camaro does that for me. But it's hard not to in a cammed V8 muscle car.

For advertisements, I miss the ones from the 60's and 70's where they actually said what the car had. Now a days it's all about image and dog approved, or hamster driven, or whatever. What does the car do? Are those features cool or are they simply just there? Does the car tear up the pavement with faster quarter mile times than the competitors or haul more stuff than the competition (trucks still do this thankfully).
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:20 PM   #28
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Saw the Silverado ad, was nice to see an individual ad again. Imagine one on Camaro, ahhh
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote