Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-30-2018, 04:15 PM   #43
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
You should never see your car in that condition.

The look on customers faces when they see their entire engine/trans/interior/whatever major component completely taken apart and in pieces is priceless.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:32 PM   #44
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleman22 View Post
did you end up calling my guy for the dv claim?

-Ed
Hi Ed. Not yet since it’s not finished. But, I will once it’s finished and I have accepted it back.
HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:39 PM   #45
HYPER1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
You should never see your car in that condition.

The look on customers faces when they see their entire engine/trans/interior/whatever major component completely taken apart and in pieces is priceless.
I hear ya. When I was called and told it was filleted wise open with an invite to come see, I passed and said it didn’t want to see it like that. It was a couple of weeks ago and it was mentioned to me that it would be painted by the end of that week. So, when work had me nearby around the corner, I decided to stop by to inspect the paint work. I thought I would see it in that stage, just sitting going through the 5-7 day curing process before off to the Xpel vendor. I should have called first ��
Old 06-02-2018, 01:47 AM   #46
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Even wrecked, your car looks good.
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:49 PM   #47
Gen-X45

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
Hyper1LE, how did your car turn out... I was hit by someone on my right front fender while coming to a stop in the left turn lane. On the surface it didn't look to bad. Once they got the fender off, the aux. radiator was damaged, lower control arm was broken in half, strut bent. Long story short, over 5K in damages. I'm concerned that they will not be able to match the garnet red. I've talked to people out here who have had similar damage, their cars came out beautiful but I'm stressed, the car was purchased as a model from the LA Auto Show. Also, as you have noted, there is diminished value. My car has 4,000 miles on it. I just had the ceramic coating done a couple of months ago. So, I'm feeling your pain and hoping your ride was repaired to your satisfaction.
Gen-X45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:00 PM   #48
meyouand987.2

Drives: 2011 Cayman R 2017 1LE
Good luck with your DV claims, it can be a real pain to get the insurance companies to pony up. As far as repairing damage goes, just make sure they follow GM's recommended procedures....Like on that quarter panel, did they weld it or bond it, or both? I am a licensed rebuilder and I cannot tell you how many times I have been to body shops doing these repairs wrong. I walked in while they were welding a quarter panel back on to a near new BMW, I told them that they just destroyed the structural integrity by doing that and they just look at me....Then I pull up the BMW factory repair guide and oops! Wanna bet the customer got that car back the way it is? This was at a top rated shop too....so, always ask questions.
meyouand987.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:51 PM   #49
HYPER1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAUSA View Post
Even wrecked, your car looks good.
I appreciate that. Hoping it will be so again. Plan in place to go to CamaroFest 8 and already purchased “all in.”
Old 06-02-2018, 11:57 PM   #50
HYPER1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen-X45 View Post
Hyper1LE, how did your car turn out... I was hit by someone on my right front fender while coming to a stop in the left turn lane. On the surface it didn't look to bad. Once they got the fender off, the aux. radiator was damaged, lower control arm was broken in half, strut bent. Long story short, over 5K in damages. I'm concerned that they will not be able to match the garnet red. I've talked to people out here who have had similar damage, their cars came out beautiful but I'm stressed, the car was purchased as a model from the LA Auto Show. Also, as you have noted, there is diminished value. My car has 4,000 miles on it. I just had the ceramic coating done a couple of months ago. So, I'm feeling your pain and hoping your ride was repaired to your satisfaction.
I’m sorry to hear about your bad luck too. Mine is not yet finished. Therefore, I can’t report anything yet but I selected Jim Elllis (Chevrolet, Porsche, et al) Collision Center here in Atlanta based upon past experience. I would recommend doing the same for your choice by getting referrals. Hopefully in another week or so I hope to update you all how it came out. And, I will need to have the diminished value appraisal done after it is repaired.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:04 AM   #51
HYPER1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyouand987.2 View Post
Good luck with your DV claims, it can be a real pain to get the insurance companies to pony up. As far as repairing damage goes, just make sure they follow GM's recommended procedures....Like on that quarter panel, did they weld it or bond it, or both? I am a licensed rebuilder and I cannot tell you how many times I have been to body shops doing these repairs wrong. I walked in while they were welding a quarter panel back on to a near new BMW, I told them that they just destroyed the structural integrity by doing that and they just look at me....Then I pull up the BMW factory repair guide and oops! Wanna bet the customer got that car back the way it is? This was at a top rated shop too....so, always ask questions.
Thanks for your comment. I was told they strictly follow GM guidelines. Also, they are only 1 of 3 authorized collision repair facilities in GA for Porsche. So, I hope they did. Based on your expertise, please tell me how it should be done so when I pose the question I have a basis for comparison. As for DV, I will be seeking 3rd party appraisal rather than simply accepting what my insurance offers. And after all, the other party’s insurance quickly accepted 100% liability so it’s not our (me and my insurance) loss anyway. I think I mentioned this before, but this is an $11,300+ repair.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:14 AM   #52
Want1

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Just saw this. Glad you're ok. And hope you you'll be driving it again soon!
Want1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 05:49 PM   #53
HYPER1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want1 View Post
Just saw this. Glad you're ok. And hope you you'll be driving it again soon!
Thank you! �� I wasn’t physically injured. Emotionally, yep, I was pretty pissed off. How I kept my cool with the other driver can only be attributed to my profession. Fortunately, he wasn’t hurt either and that’s a good thing. After all, cars can be fixed or replaced.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:16 PM   #54
meyouand987.2

Drives: 2011 Cayman R 2017 1LE
here is a link for repair procedures, obviously put in camaro 2017-18 and download the PDF. The quarter panel procedure is on page 60

http://www.genuinegmparts.com/for-pr...repair-manuals
meyouand987.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:50 PM   #55
HYPER1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyouand987.2 View Post
here is a link for repair procedures, obviously put in camaro 2017-18 and download the PDF. The quarter panel procedure is on page 60

http://www.genuinegmparts.com/for-pr...repair-manuals
Awesome! Thanks for the information ��
Old 06-06-2018, 12:13 AM   #56
most-wanted

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPER1LE View Post
Awesome! Thanks for the information ��
sorry to hear but looks like they are doing a nice job. Shoot me a message. I live in Cumming Ga and do track days at AMP in nascar trucks, race bikes and of course, my ZL1 I'm down to meet up once your back together. Congrats on getting your baby back soon.
most-wanted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, camaro, crash, damage