Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-16-2019, 06:33 AM   #99
24v
Account Suspended

Drives: 2018 SS
I bought my 1SS 1LE last June as a fun car. I do not daily drive it, nor do I really intend to take it to a track. I just like to take it out when I can, put it through its paces on some nice curvy roads and forget about work and other stresses. For this it is perfect.

If I was looking for a daily driver, I would still buy the same car, but I would change the tires. Some PSS4's would probably work well. Other than the tires, there is nothing that makes it worse, or less of a daily than any other Camaro. Honestly I feel it is the best bang for your buck car in the lineup though. You can buy one for under 40 grand, it has nice seats, big brakes, electronic diff, adjustable suspension and wheels that fit the body.
24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:40 AM   #100
WCKD 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
The SS is going to be more comfortable, the 1LE is going to be more racecar.

Seats are completely opposite ends of the spectrum.
Suspension is also totally different just to name a few things.

Even if you don't ever track the car, but enjoy spirited driving on mountain roads then the 1LE is an amazing choice. If you just want the LT1 experience with home comforts then the SS is for you.

That being said, I daily and track my 1LE and its very uncomfortable in Atlanta traffic at 5:30pm everyday but when I get on a curvy road, or get a compliment at the gas station or somewhere it's worth every dime!
WCKD 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:57 AM   #101
24v
Account Suspended

Drives: 2018 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCKD 1LE View Post
From a parts perspective for sure. For comfort I think the 1LE is right there with the regular SS. Plus you can then go tighter/stiffer with the press of a button to have fun.
24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:07 AM   #102
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
I do enjoy going to the track occasionally. So, once SS 1LE was announced and I saw its looks and read about its capabilities, I was sold. Once you do your first HPFE track event, you won’t regret the decision.
Attached Images

HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:47 PM   #103
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCKD 1LE View Post
The SS is going to be more comfortable, the 1LE is going to be more racecar.

Seats are completely opposite ends of the spectrum.

Even if you don't ever track the car, but enjoy spirited driving on mountain roads then the 1LE is an amazing choice. If you just want the LT1 experience with home comforts then the SS is for you.

That being said, I daily and track my 1LE and its very uncomfortable in Atlanta traffic at 5:30pm everyday but when I get on a curvy road, or get a compliment at the gas station or somewhere it's worth every dime!
I'm going to respectfully disagree with you. I commute into Atlanta 3 days a week. I20 to I285 to Druid Hills. I drove a 2016 SS along 26 miles along that route for 2 years then switched to a 2018 SS 1LE back in August. I have noticed very little difference in comfort between the two (I kept the first one in sport most of the time and the same for the 1LE).

I certainly wouldn't describe the 1LE as 'very uncomfortable'. Of course if you're driving it at 5:30 pm you're probably in bumper to bumper the whole way, so that's no fun.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote