Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-20-2018, 11:08 AM   #29
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Something interesting I just realized Eyefixstuff.

I noticed you have an Ambient Air and an IAT2 in your log as do I.

I have been comparing my IAT's to the Ambient one only.

If I compare my log to the IAT2 value Im closer to you at being 25 over IAT2. My Log before this one was 16 degrees over IAT2.

Looking at your first and 2nd log.

1st log you are 16 degrees over Ambient and only 5 over IAT2. (Ambient was 97. FOR REAL? )
2nd Log you are 33 degrees over Ambient and 15 over IAT2.

The question is. Where is the IAT2 temp being taken from?
Please, call me Phil, lol.

I believe IAT 2 is from the baro breakout sensor and it’s under hood temp. I’m assuming that since I started noticing that after I updated the table that Ted sent me after I put that sensor in.

So the one that has lower ambient was at the dyno. Worth noting however that the temp under the hood will actually be high on the dyno with the hood open then it would be on the highway. Most of the heat coming from the exhaust and blower will be picked up from the sensor which for me is right near the intake. Driving the car with the hood shut supposedly (based on prochargers testing and what they’ve said) most of the heat actually gets pulled under the car. Which would explain the differences. Also I’m sure the fan used in the shop probably isn’t as good as 90mph wind while driving.

I did call them and they said the race IC is a full inch thicker. I don’t know what/any other differences though.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:42 PM   #30
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff View Post
Please, call me Phil, lol.
LOL. Ok Phil, I didn't think you wanted all your fans to know your real identity!.

Quote:

I believe IAT 2 is from the baro breakout sensor and it’s under hood temp. I’m assuming that since I started noticing that after I updated the table that Ted sent me after I put that sensor in.

So the one that has lower ambient was at the dyno. Worth noting however that the temp under the hood will actually be high on the dyno with the hood open then it would be on the highway. Most of the heat coming from the exhaust and blower will be picked up from the sensor which for me is right near the intake. Driving the car with the hood shut supposedly (based on prochargers testing and what they’ve said) most of the heat actually gets pulled under the car. Which would explain the differences. Also I’m sure the fan used in the shop probably isn’t as good as 90mph wind while driving.

I did call them and they said the race IC is a full inch thicker. I don’t know what/any other differences though.
Ahh ok that makes sense. I may start looking more at my IAT2 temp just to see how long it takes to get that one closer to ambient while driving. After every run during my remote tuning I would get back to the house and pop the hood and aim a box fan to help prevent unnecessary heat soak before Ted would have me another update ready to log.

Having got stuck in traffic before it doesn't seem to take long before the IAT starts dropping back to normal once you get a little air moving again..
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote