Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-05-2021, 05:18 AM   #1
My20162SS

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS A8
Need some help with modifying my stock ECU & TCU tune on my 2016 2SS A8

Hello all I just picked up some hp tuners software again for my 2016 2SS A8. I have used it before a few years back on my 2001 SS M6. I just simply want to modify and enhance the stock tune such as advancing the timing 2-3 degrees mainly at WOT and lean out the fueling 2-4% again mainly at WOT. I'd like to see 15-20RWHP and around 20-25RWTQ. I think those numbers are doable. On my 2001 SS M6 I gained just under 30RWHP from messing around with the fueling and spark tables i just dont remember exactly what I changed plus these new gen 5 LT1 engines are a bit more advanced and have my tech features that are adjustable i'd imagine? Oh also before I bought hp tuners software for the second time I bought the SCT BDX power programmer and tried their tunes both the 91 and 93 octane tunes as well as their auto a8 trans tunes. They seemed to help a decent bit but Im returning it because it would not let me disable DOD/AFM along with adjusting other basic settings.

Anyways if there is anyone out there that knows what there doing
in tuning these newer 6th gen LT1 and the A8 trans that could help me that would be awesome!!

P.S.
Ive already adjusted in small increments of course the fueling under the power enrich tab under EQ ratio. Ive gently leaned out the fueling across the entire table and enabled PE mode to engauge at 4,500RPM instead of the factory preset 5,000RPM. Also i adding timing in various areas in the high octane spark table no more that 28 degrees up near wot areas.
Any other help would be awesome especially in tuning this crappy shifting A8.

Thanks in advance!!!
My20162SS is offline   Reply With Quote