Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 12-23-2020, 09:16 PM   #15
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnewcomer View Post
But does your car have the option to change exhaust notes :
Sport
Track
ICE/SNOW

When you had your original exhaust removed did you have any check engine light issues?
Yes I have Borla Atak npp connected to TSP 2in headers no cats with 3in xpipe. Again if that actuator is all that's messed up and your dealership still wants to charge you 3500 I'd find a new dealership. I did get a check engine light but I was getting tuned anyways because I had headers so it didn't matter just turned the afm codes off in the tune.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 09:18 PM   #16
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
If you take the actuator off and the mechanical part turns freely, get a new actuator and bolt it on. Problem solved. If the mechanical part doesn't turn freely, you have a problem.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:46 PM   #17
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
What confuses me most is if I do go to a aftermarket full exhaust wont some these valves off my original unit be needed?. This is the piece I dont understand. Sure I can rip out the whole unit but than I would lose the ability to change modes correct and will the check engine still be on. The hard part here is that I am not auto mechanic knowledgeable on things like this but need to do something to rectify this situation and seem more lost
You're getting confused with the NPP valves and the AFM valves.
Your damaged part is the AFM valve. its activated when you go into V4 mode.

The NPP valves are near the exhaust tips and THAT is where the your sound management comes in and allows you to changes modes.

The NPP valves do not throw codes. The AFM valves can throw codes.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:47 PM   #18
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
I am still sooo very confused. I took a pic of the part that is damaged and sent it to BlackbeastSS2. The part looks the same and its connected to the pipe in the middle portion of the car....
I agree with BlackbeastSS2 that you might want to take it to another dealership. Obviously the AFM actuator is damaged but maybe the mechanical valve is just bent and can be fixed. Then you would only need to replace the actuator.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 11:05 PM   #19
SSgtSS1LE

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
The NPP valves and the AFM valves utilize the same actuator (item 10) and are no longer available separately. But, some dealerships may still have the part on the shelf prior to the exhaust drawing engineering change. Try this parts lookup website: http://oemcats.com/oem-parts/84560761.html and you might find the part you need.

Actuator - 84560761 (last update)
Supersession(s): 22839592; 84362456

MSRP: $486.51
List Price: $204.44
Attached Images

SSgtSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote