Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 11-16-2018, 09:46 PM   #1
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
My racestar wheels won’t go on the car?!

Straight to the point,

I ordered 17s for rear and 18s for front. I got the lug juts from racestar, they are wrapped in 305 45 r 17 in rear and 26 6 18 in front. The front wheels go on just fine with the wheel centric hub and washers with provided lug buts. Did the same for rear but for some strange reason they all just won’t align correctly or something because when I think they are alll right I turn very gently with the ratchet before putting car on ground and they start to spin freely once again.

Have tried just about everything. And I’m lost... any ideas? I put my stock setup back on the car right now.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:22 AM   #2
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
I put mine on for the first time yesterday and struggled with one wheel as it wasn't lined up correctly and I had the same spinning lug nut problem. Pulled it off and reattached and it went on fine the second time. I was laying on the ground working off my back and it was not the easiest thing to, especially for a senior citizen like me.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:06 AM   #3
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I don't run the hub rings on the rear. The shank lug nuts line up the wheel perfectly and really not needed. I do run them on the front. I've had mine off and on at least a dozen times with no issues.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:08 PM   #4
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
I don't run the hub rings on the rear. The shank lug nuts line up the wheel perfectly and really not needed. I do run them on the front. I've had mine off and on at least a dozen times with no issues.
Do you feel vibration without having those hub rings?
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
Old 11-17-2018, 12:09 PM   #5
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
I put mine on for the first time yesterday and struggled with one wheel as it wasn't lined up correctly and I had the same spinning lug nut problem. Pulled it off and reattached and it went on fine the second time. I was laying on the ground working off my back and it was not the easiest thing to, especially for a senior citizen like me.
Ahh I see, yes for some reason they just kept spinning. On one side, just brought the car to discount tire. I dread in bringing it here but I bought them through them so if something is wrong they will replace it

Old 11-17-2018, 12:24 PM   #6
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
Did you use the hub centric rings?

Old 11-17-2018, 03:02 PM   #7
smokinzx14r

Drives: 2018 1SS
After reading this I took one of my race stars out of the box ( 17x10.50 ), I see no hub centric rings ? I'm thinking i'm missing something here , so I pulled one rear wheel off my car and put the race star on .. It fit fine and bolted down fine with the stock lug nuts .. So I guess mine don't use hub centric rings ?
Attached Images

smokinzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:06 PM   #8
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinzx14r View Post
After reading this I took one of my race stars out of the box ( 17x10.50 ), I see no hub centric rings ? I'm thinking i'm missing something here , so I pulled one rear wheel off my car and put the race star on .. It fit fine and bolted down fine with the stock lug nuts .. So I guess mine don't use hub centric rings ?
Did you get the lug kit from them as well? Comes with the lug kit, they are meant for the cars or wheels to not vibrate. I took my car to discount today and it fit just fine, if you want to see the end result check it out on my Instagram at MP3BOOSTED

Old 11-17-2018, 09:56 PM   #9
smokinzx14r

Drives: 2018 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP3BOOSTED View Post
Did you get the lug kit from them as well? Comes with the lug kit, they are meant for the cars or wheels to not vibrate. I took my car to discount today and it fit just fine, if you want to see the end result check it out on my Instagram at MP3BOOSTED
No I did not get a lug kit .. I just used my factory lugs and they worked fine ..The wheels I got had a tapered seat just like the factory wheels .. Maybe your uses a different lug like the shank style ?
smokinzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:40 PM   #10
Gasoline_Farts

Drives: 19 SS 1LE
try the rear hub ring on its own, it might be the wrong size for the rear hub. If it works without it installed thats likely the problem. I don't know these cars, but my S2000 had different front and rear hub sizes to prevent techs from installing fronts on back and backs on front.
Gasoline_Farts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:09 AM   #11
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I have no vibration at almost 140 mph trap speeds.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:58 AM   #12
DapperDan

Drives: 2017 1SS A8 Nightfall Gray
The first few times is a real PITA its almost like the shanks on the lugnuts have too much plating on them once you take em on n off a few times it gets better, on mine without the rings on it feels like the back tires are out of round not a big deal on the 1/4 mile , but gets on my nerves on the street so I use the rings , have patience don't strip your studs maybe a better quality lugnut would make it easier
Old 11-18-2018, 07:59 AM   #13
MP3BOOSTED

Thanks everyone, yes I have the shank lugs. No way I could have used the factory ones. With that being said I had brought the car to discount tire and they were successful with NO ISSUES in getting them installed. Maybe I should of just used my power tools on them, seemed to be the trick on there end. Nonetheless I appreciate you alls help. FYI on the way home my stock wheels were being brought home with me by my dad in his truck and I’m thinking the car was stuck reading those sensors or something because my dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Every light related to the wheels were going off so I unplugged the battery, put away the stock wheels so they are no where near the car and once I started the car up all was well. I did notice right before this happened the car was reading the tire pressure on the tires but after this I just get lines with them lighting up green. Very strange but whatever car runs and HOOKS like no other.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:01 AM   #14
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
I had a warning when I drove to the track yesterday and car went into limp mode until I turned off TC. I had no tire pressure warning until I arrived at the track and lowered the tire pressure and then that light went off. Just held TC down for several seconds until all nannies turned off.