Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 10-30-2018, 06:31 AM   #71
Lethal Z
American Gearhead!!

Drives: ZL1 1LE/GT350/Ford RS/Gen 2 Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_swiSS View Post
Not us, remember we're wussies and produce the world's finest chocolates
fixed.
Lethal Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:08 AM   #72
the_swiSS

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
fixed.
There's truth to that my friend...

Black Bowties - GM Fuel Door - Black Camaro Fender Logo - K&N Air Filter - Katech ported TB - GM Dark Tail Lights - GM ZL1 1LE 3rd Brake Light - HRE FF04 - Eibach Springs
the_swiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:08 AM   #73
staples87

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_swiSS View Post
Not us, remember we're neutral and produce the world's finest chocolates
Don't forget, some of the World's most reliable watches.
staples87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:54 PM   #74
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Some feedback on the touring axle back. Fit and finish look great out of the box, the tips are phenomenal and well packed in a separate foam box.

Problem: ease of install was ghastly. I'd give it a zero for the typical guy in his driveway installer. The mid pipe is 2.75 and uses a supplied adapter sleeve to mate up to the 3" inlet. Should have just used a 2.75 inlet and slip joint/clamp. There was no way, on my car, the sleeve would all fit together over the mid-pipe and into the inlet, as one.

Or the slip joint on the 3" inlet was undersized/under expanded as it would not for any way slip over the adapter sleeve.

I've got it hatchet jobbed under the car but I'll have to get it welded up.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 05:58 PM   #75
COmatt27

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I just purchased the Track Axle-Back for the SS 6th gen and it was delivered this past week from Phastek. I was about to install it and now I am worried about the level of sound or how loud it will be.

If I install the track axle-back and its too loud, can I just purchase two 180 technology mufflers and install those with the existing other parts from the Track axle back edition? Or would I have to purchase a whole new touring axle back system?

Do you know how loud (dB) the track axle-back is?

Have you heard of anyone getting noise tickets for the loudness of their track systems on regular streets?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
2016 Escalade ESV (6.2L), A8, Black Raven, Gibson Racing Headers - CURRENT People Mover
COmatt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:00 PM   #76
COmatt27

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
Some feedback on the touring axle back. Fit and finish look great out of the box, the tips are phenomenal and well packed in a separate foam box.

Problem: ease of install was ghastly. I'd give it a zero for the typical guy in his driveway installer. The mid pipe is 2.75 and uses a supplied adapter sleeve to mate up to the 3" inlet. Should have just used a 2.75 inlet and slip joint/clamp. There was no way, on my car, the sleeve would all fit together over the mid-pipe and into the inlet, as one.

Or the slip joint on the 3" inlet was undersized/under expanded as it would not for any way slip over the adapter sleeve.

I had planned to install the axle back system myself, maybe I will reconsider...
2016 Escalade ESV (6.2L), A8, Black Raven, Gibson Racing Headers - CURRENT People Mover
Old 11-19-2018, 04:52 PM   #77
Josh/AWE

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by COmatt27 View Post
I just purchased the Track Axle-Back for the SS 6th gen and it was delivered this past week from Phastek. I was about to install it and now I am worried about the level of sound or how loud it will be.

If I install the track axle-back and its too loud, can I just purchase two 180 technology mufflers and install those with the existing other parts from the Track axle back edition? Or would I have to purchase a whole new touring axle back system?

Do you know how loud (dB) the track axle-back is?

Have you heard of anyone getting noise tickets for the loudness of their track systems on regular streets?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
I just replied to both of your PMs!
Josh/AWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 11:36 AM   #78
Josh/AWE

Our annual Black Friday promotion is now live.

Receive 15% off of exhausts for a limited time.

Click below to secure your deal.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:32 AM   #79
Josh/AWE

How to: determine whether to go resonated or non-resonated Touring Edition.

Non-resonated: if you're looking for the perfect, drone-free soundtrack that's aggressive when you want it and civil when you need it, and you're running factory headers, this is your dose of steel. How is it with PLPs and factory headers? PLPs simply increase the volume if your lookin' for more.

Resonated: if you're expecting to apply aftermarket headers, resonated may be your route to take if you are wanting to soften the edge of the enhancements up stream. Worried about performance impacts by running resonated? Don't. They're straight-through and do not hinder flow.

Intending on keeping the stock headers and catalysts for the foreseeable future, but may change to LTHs later in life? No worries, we have conversion kits available for those wanting to switch from non-resonated to resonated, or vice versa in the event you want to pipe up even further.

More interested in equipping the Track Edition over the Touring Edition because raw and rowdy are your speed? That's cool, too. You can apply everything above to the Track Edition. Why? Because the Touring and Track Editions sound identical from the outside of the vehicle. The magic happens within the cabin -- Touring Edition = no drone. Track Edition = driver may be subject to drone.

Questions? I'm here
Old 12-03-2018, 04:58 PM   #80
COmatt27

Well I installed the AWE Axle-back track system and it sounds amazing... The only concern is if the neighborhood has the same opinion. It is very loud. I will post up a video of it here tonight. Any suggestions on bringing it down just a bit? I may have to go to the touring system.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:12 AM   #81
Josh/AWE

Quote:
Well I installed the AWE Axle-back track system and it sounds amazing... The only concern is if the neighborhood has the same opinion. It is very loud. I will post up a video of it here tonight. Any suggestions on bringing it down just a bit? I may have to go to the touring system.
Is your exhaust stock aside from the ABE, Matt?
Old 12-04-2018, 11:14 AM   #82
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Well it is just straight pipes so........ Should have gotten the touring edition with mufflers.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:22 AM   #83
COmatt27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh/AWE View Post
Is your exhaust stock aside from the ABE, Matt?
Josh that is correct.

I am having trouble uploading a .MOV file from my iPhone. Basically its the cold start I think that is too much. Once the engine warms up and the sound is a little more toned down its amazing. I love the gurgle it gives.

Yesterday I set off a car alarm for a Honda that was 3 parking spaces away with a cold start leaving work.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the initial bang from the cold start?
Old 12-04-2018, 11:24 AM   #84
COmatt27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
Well it is just straight pipes so........ Should have gotten the touring edition with mufflers.
Maybe... But its really the cold start that is the concern, once I get driving around and the engine is warm its fine and I don't think its too loud. Its the crack of a shotgun in the neighborhood at 7:05AM from the camaro that concerns me...