Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 08-18-2015, 11:18 AM   #1
EchoSide

Drives: 2016
GROUP BUY Found a SoCal dealer willing to sell for $420 UNDER INVOICE

A friend told me he was part of a group buy for the 2016 Volt and I got in contact with him to see if he'd order other Chevys at the same discount and he said yes!

He's offering $500 under invoice but charges a $80 doc fee so the out the door is $420 under.

Please let me know how to go about this as I don't want to break forum rules and he has zero interested in becoming a sponsor...I don't know if I can post details or if you all need to PM me...

From what I'm gathering he is requiring a $500 deposit check that will not be cashed until delivery...If you have concerns with this you could write something in the memo field of the check. If you want shipping, at most should be $1000 to the east coast, you're on your own arranging shipping...

Also please don't waste his time trying to negotiate a better deal, most dealers are charging more than MSRP...

He can do everything over email or the phone, then you can snail mail the dealership a check or you can go in if you're nearby...

Even if you're shipping all the way to the East Coast you're still getting this for about $500 over invoice

Last edited by EchoSide; 08-18-2015 at 02:19 PM.
EchoSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:38 AM   #2
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoSide View Post
A friend told me he was part of a group buy for the 2016 Volt and I got in contact with him to see if he'd order other Chevys at the same discount and he said yes!

He's offering $500 under invoice but charges a $80 doc fee so the out the door is $420 under.

Please let me know how to go about this as I don't want to break forum rules and he has zero interested in becoming a sponsor...I don't know if I can post details or if you all need to PM me...

From what I'm gathering he is requiring a $500 deposit check that will not be cashed until delivery...If you have concerns with this you could write something in the memo field of the check. If you want shipping, at most should be $1000 to the east coast, you're on your own arranging shipping...

Also please don't waste his time trying to negotiate a better deal, most dealers are charging more than MSRP...

He can do everything over email or the phone, then you can snail mail the dealership a check or you can go in if you're nearby...

Even if you're shipping all the way to the East Coast you're still getting this for about $500 over invoice
PFFFt
xinfamousxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:42 AM   #3
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
That $500 go towards the final cost of the car?

Finding a new gen like this at anything under MSRP can be tough for sure. Luckily a dealer/sales guy I've worked with in the past is selling me the car at invoice and I should be able to apply a $750 credit on top of that. Me = very happy.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:53 AM   #4
EchoSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinfamousxi View Post
PFFFt
$80 is CA capped fee...Heck, several states are uncapped with FL notoriously charging as much $500! Also dealers can have other fees such as prep, delivery, DMV/RMVs, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
That $500 go towards the final cost of the car?

Finding a new gen like this at anything under MSRP can be tough for sure. Luckily a dealer/sales guy I've worked with in the past is selling me the car at invoice and I should be able to apply a $750 credit on top of that. Me = very happy.
Yes, he said the $500 will count towards the final cost of the car...
Old 08-18-2015, 12:14 PM   #5
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
$80 is CA capped fee...Heck, several states are uncapped with FL notoriously charging as much $500! Also dealers can have other fees such as prep, delivery, DMV/RMVs, etc...

Yes, he said the $500 will count towards the final cost of the car...
$80, that is it? My dealer charges $699 for doc fees here in NC, but we only pay 3% sales tax on new cars!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:23 PM   #6
EchoSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
$80, that is it? My dealer charges $699 for doc fees here in NC, but we only pay 3% sales tax on new cars!
That's insanely high...I'm sure you could find a cheaper dealer in NC which would be the same tax rate anyways...

In my county, L.A. county, tax is 9.25%...
Old 08-18-2015, 12:39 PM   #7
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
That's insanely high...I'm sure you could find a cheaper dealer in NC which would be the same tax rate anyways...

Most dealers around here are that price. I have bought a lot from this dealer, I have supplier pricing through my company, but have bought a bunch of cars from them at invoice, already have discussed invoice with this dealer, since most likely Supplier will not be accepted from GM right away.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:17 PM   #8
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Under Invoice?

Your dealership is willing to sell you a 2016 Camaro for $500 under invoice? What is invoice? Are you talking his actual invoice from the factory? I'm not sure I believe he's talking $500 above his costs. That's not much of a profit for him and the salesman for one of the hottest new cars on the market. If he is, wow!
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:38 PM   #9
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:

That's always the first thing Im thankful about when I think back to living in CA >.< that tax rate was unbearable. Also CARB.
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:30 PM   #10
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
Your dealership is willing to sell you a 2016 Camaro for $500 under invoice? What is invoice? Are you talking his actual invoice from the factory? I'm not sure I believe he's talking $500 above his costs. That's not much of a profit for him and the salesman for one of the hottest new cars on the market. If he is, wow!
if this is legit, i will put my order with him and ship it to florida.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:04 PM   #11
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
if this is legit, i will put my order with him and ship it to florida.
One way to determine legitimacy would be to order with courtesy deliver ($3to500) and find out what happens.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:14 PM   #12
soSincerious
waiting to test drive SS

Drives: '14 mustang GT
Question

anybody else find this idea sketchy??
soSincerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:23 PM   #13
EchoSide

I don't know what to tell you guys...Dealer is requiring a check and I elected to mention that vs not saying anything...You can look up his name on the chevy dealership website and call that number listed...

Mods, can I list the details?
Old 08-20-2015, 12:40 AM   #14
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
One way to determine legitimacy would be to order with courtesy deliver ($3to500) and find out what happens.

Laborsmith
Never heard of that option.. I'm waiting on pricing to come out. I start my new job this tuesday!
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote