#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-18-2018, 06:53 PM   #15
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
This car will suck at the strip. It’s just not it’s main mission. No weight transfer with the stiff suspension, 6 speed manual, etc.
+1

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:58 PM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
True its not a drag car but GM still managed to get an 11.5 run out of it.
Run the stock rears with 15 lbs in them, see what it does and report back.
I think it will surprise you. I have 8k miles on my car and I can personally vouch that when the tires are hot - they have excellent traction on a launch. when the tires are cold they are like power wheels tires.

I seen a while back that someone had taken one to the track - but there was no mention of how it did.

As far as the wing goes nearly all the 12 second and under every race cars ive ever seen had a wing or spoiler on it.
We had two ZLE's at the track today. This was just a fun day track rental for our Camaro club.

Also, GM did not run 11.5 with this car... that was the regular ZL1 M6 and I haven't seen many duplicate that time however I do believe that run is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
This car will suck at the strip. It’s just not it’s main mission. No weight transfer with the stiff suspension, 6 speed manual, etc.
Totally agree... but I don't pass up the chance for some fun at the track. Wasn't expecting much but definitely wanted to try out some different modes on stock tire to see what it would do. Unfortunately you see the rain day we just had... got a couple runs in before the rain hit but really only one full run and it was against another ZLE so will have that video to post. We were both right on the 12 sec mark with 2.0 60' times. I didn't get a chance to nail down the launch before the rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fbody35th View Post
To answer the OP’s question. In my experience the Goodyear’s responded well with a small burnout to put some heat in them. I tried just a quick spin to clean them off and they wouldn’t hook. On my second pass I gave a small 5 second or so burn out and they hooked much better. This was back in July on a warm day too. So if your in colder temps I would definitely warm them up good.
I agree the GY were the tire to have and just heat them up. Due to the rain I was glad I had the PS4's on and using launch control hit a 1.9X 60' on full air. Basically showed up... jumped on the track and then the rain hit so didn't get to dial anything in. Was still fun though.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:00 PM   #17
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
GM did not run 11.5 with this car... that was the regular ZL1 M6 and I haven't seen many duplicate that time however I do believe that run is there.
Stock A10 ZL1 got an 11.16 1/4 mile.

I think that means an 11.5 is attainable for an M6.

I think the ZL1 1LE could get an 11.5 without the wing.

Motortrend got an 11.7 with the ZL1 1LE. That's far from bad IMO.

But I'm just bench racing now... I certainly am not getting an 11.5 in mine.
I'd be lucky to get in the 12s. I so rarely go to the drag strip that I suck at it.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:10 PM   #18
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
For what it's worth, GM lists the ZL1 manual and ZL1 1LE as having the exact same 0-60 and 1/4 mile times (same trap speed too). I'm not sure if they just assumed they would run the same or if that's actual test data. Reference page 7 of this document.

https://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...catalog-v2.pdf

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:26 PM   #19
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
For what it's worth, GM lists the ZL1 manual and ZL1 1LE as having the exact same 0-60 and 1/4 mile times (same trap speed too). I'm not sure if they just assumed they would run the same or if that's actual test data. Reference page 7 of this document.

My guess is they'd be the same. wider stickier rubber probably makes up for the aero.

They did note the difference in lateral grip, top speed, weight, etc.
Not sure why'd they'd over look that detail.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:58 AM   #20
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post

Yeah, that makes no sense. No way a ZLE will run the same as a ZL1 M6 with the suspension it has. I have zero doubt I'll be in the high 11's but I seriously doubt 11.5.