Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-02-2022, 09:03 AM   #15
RoaringV8

Drives: 2017 HBM Camaro SS 1LE Camaro
Those are some nice laps and times! I ran this event last year (my second time at the Glen) and am running with PCA NNJR in October down at VIR. Was hoping to get back to the Glen this year, but didn't work out. I too, enjoy running with the Porsche Clubs. I have a 17 SS 1LE, but I find anything below Sport 2 is very restricting in terms of the traction and stability control. The car feels altogether different on track in that mode and I've experienced some "oh s***" moments under braking with the stability control on. Not sure if it's ICE mode or something else, but it doesn't occur when I'm in Sport 2 or Race mode.
RoaringV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 09:07 AM   #16
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
Yep, I'd agree about that 2nd blue line ASM. Looks like it occurred during maintenance throttle, so rear tires should have been stable. You certainly got all of that curb on the right side!

You mentioned the Porsche club HPDEs. I had heard that those guys can be snobs, especially to non-Porsche drivers, and purposely not give point-by's when you catch up to them. What's your experience been?
I'm still in the lower run groups (Yellow, expecting promotion to Blue for next event), so point-bys can be slow due to inexperience of other drivers on track. Were I in Black or Red run group, I'd be better equipped to answer this question. That said, my experience has been fantastic -- everyone in the paddock has been quite welcoming and, as I mentioned, most seem pretty impressed with the car's performance. And I do know some folks with Vettes & Camaros in higher run groups who haven't mentioned snobbiness or lack of point-bys.

While the vast majority of cars at the PCA events are GT3s & GT4s, there is still a healthy amount of variety -- typically a decent number of Vettes, some Bimmers, some Mustangs and up to a handful of Camaros.

So far, I only have good things to say about PCA and there is a big focus on getting quicker cars by as fast & early as possible. It's constantly talked about through the weekend by those running the events.

EDIT: As a reference point, my local PCA chapter (NNJR) does run groups as follows (from most experienced to least): Red, Black, White, Blue, Yellow, Green
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 08:06 AM   #17
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Was back at The Glen last weekend and was able to improve my personal best by a little over a second. A few mistakes and areas to improve, but overall some later braking and better lines. Can't wait for next season!

PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote