Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Phastek Performance

Old 11-16-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
2016 Camaro Tunes

So I figured I'd post this up as a sneak preview and to say what the future holds... No numbers or anything for now but SCTFlash has gotten their 2016 Camaro SS that they picked up this weekend tuned already. They are working on a preloaded tune for stock camaros as we speak and will be doing preloaded tunes for the supercharger kit they will offer.

As a side note, I have NOT tuned my vehicle.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!

Last edited by Tr6; 11-16-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:01 PM   #2
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
So SCT getting into the Camaro stuff now, surprising news. I use SCT devices on my Mustang, with different tunes. As I would never run their canned tunes, and they are known to be pretty terrible, and in some cases dangerous (too lean). But having them come into the game is good as their handheld devices will open up the platform to more tuners as tunes can be emailed and loaded up in a few minutes...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:25 PM   #3
Tr6
The Dogfather

SCT is a pretty big company so I was glad that they want to be more involved. More competition = customer wins. I will most likely be going with Diablo Lew though. He has done over 100s of LT1s already...
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-17-2015, 07:39 AM   #4
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
SCT is a pretty big company so I was glad that they want to be more involved. More competition = customer wins. I will most likely be going with Diablo Lew though. He has done over 100s of LT1s already...
The main advantage to SCT getting in the game, as I said is the ability for other tuners to get involved. SCT software is easier to deal with then Diablo, and many tuners have the software to write tunes for SCT devices as they are more widespread. So you can buy the SCT handheld, not use the canned, junk SCT tune, and have another good tuner write you a tune. email to you and then you can datalog it. Not sure who I will use yet, most likely will buy an SCT handheld, and then get a true dyno tune.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:32 PM   #5
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
The main advantage to SCT getting in the game, as I said is the ability for other tuners to get involved. SCT software is easier to deal with then Diablo, and many tuners have the software to write tunes for SCT devices as they are more widespread. So you can buy the SCT handheld, not use the canned, junk SCT tune, and have another good tuner write you a tune. email to you and then you can datalog it. Not sure who I will use yet, most likely will buy an SCT handheld, and then get a true dyno tune.
Ah, thank you for the info. I am very very new at the domestic market tuning aspect. I was really only aware of SCT and Diablo, didn't know the details of it. I hate using canned tunes... Every car is literally different from one and other... Why use a tune that is made for general model of your car? Get it protuned at a reputable company or mail in tunes... I will know what I'll end up doing first quarter of '16 as parts will start to be released then.
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-17-2015, 02:53 PM   #6
Tr6
The Dogfather

A quick update, 2016 Camaro SS A8 (auto) protune is done by SCT. Here is the dyno chart.
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-17-2015, 03:03 PM   #7
Jason 98 TA

Drives: Camaro
There will be some sweet tuning options very shortly. Honestly hang back for a little bit & put some miles on her first. Never hearts to make sure there's nothing needing warranty before you go modding like crazy

In about 6 weeks I think you'll see tons of good options for these cars!!
Jason 98 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:18 PM   #8
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
A quick update, 2016 Camaro SS A8 (auto) protune is done by SCT. Here is the dyno chart.
Looks like peak gains of 15 HP and 18 TQ?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:38 PM   #9
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA View Post
There will be some sweet tuning options very shortly. Honestly hang back for a little bit & put some miles on her first. Never hearts to make sure there's nothing needing warranty before you go modding like crazy

In about 6 weeks I think you'll see tons of good options for these cars!!
Oh I completely agree! I won't be doing any mods or anything for sometime... And even the ones that I will be doing are very, very simple. Intake, xpipe with ported TB+IM and a tune. It will most likely be done by the time my Spring cruise I will doing with friends from TX and MN. End of May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Looks like peak gains of 15 HP and 18 TQ?
The gains aren't huge by any means, it shows that Chevy did a damn good job with their tuning. The curve just gets a bit more impressive with a protune and unleashes the vehicle just a bit more. Also, this was an automatic. Squeezing power out of auto is pain compared to manual. Manual one you can bet gains of 25hp and about 20 tq no problems. And these are to the rear wheels, not crank.
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-17-2015, 03:52 PM   #10
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:

Squeezing power out of auto is pain compared to manual...
Who told you that?

No difference with the engine tuning at all. If anything autos benefit more from a tune as the transmission can be tuned, in most cases with big improvements on the factory shift settings.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:23 PM   #11
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Out of all my 7 GM cars/trucks I would NEVERTHELESS use SCT software to tune a GM.
HP Tuners and EFILive already have software for these cars. Same engine and trans as the C7s
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:00 AM   #12
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
Out of all my 7 GM cars/trucks I would NEVERTHELESS use SCT software to tune a GM.
HP Tuners and EFILive already have software for these cars. Same engine and trans as the C7s
By no means am I an advocate nor an employee of SCT, this is my very first domestic vehicle which I would be dabbling in modding (imports I know, domestics... not so much).

You would say never to SCT due to the lack of experience in GM vehicles compared to the others in the market? I genuinely am just curious.
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-19-2015, 09:28 AM   #13
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
I agree that HP Tuners is the way to go, and I use it on my C5Z. But that would require a full dyno tune at a shop as the software is pricey and not user friendly to most Granted, I haven't used HP Tuners in years, as I haven't made changes to that car, but at least this used to be the case. Has it changed?

The advantage to SCT (I wouldn't use their tunes, but I use their device on my Mustang 5.0 with Lund's tune) is their devices can be purchased as a handheld and your tuner can email you tunes, updates, and you can easily do and send datalogs. So the cost is lower, and they are more user friendly and flexible.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:42 AM   #14
Tr6
The Dogfather

I did just give diablo the oem tune from mine. So things should be speeding up on their end as well.

I am NOT a believer of canned/ots tunes, won't ever use them. Every car is different... Get it custom tuned via protune on a dyno or mail in (do some logging and get it tweaked).
Build thread HERE!