Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > New Member Introductions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-03-2020, 08:42 AM   #15
VT-1LE

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE Satin Steel Metallic
Oh and my daily driver is a 2011 Buick LaCrosse and I don’t think the suspension on the 1LE is too stiff. Test drive one and you’ll know quickly if you like it better than a regular 2 SS.
VT-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:02 AM   #16
WldchrySS

Drives: 2021 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakely View Post
If the 1LE suspension only package just makes the ride stiffer (even with MRC), then I may consider dropping it and save $2k?

I dont love the full 1LE package (for me) since I have no plans on tracking the car, as it forces a full black wrap on the hood and full black interior, and other things i didn't care for.

One thing i am wondering though, is how the Wild Cherry looks with the Carbon Flash splitter\rockers. and, after some closer looking, it appears that the black striping options dont match Carbon Flash either. Only Black Metallic and Satin Black
iI can confirm the carbon flash matches the rally stripes.
WldchrySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:28 AM   #17
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WldchrySS View Post
iI can confirm the carbon flash matches the rally stripes.
Screen name checks out.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:11 AM   #18
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Non-NPP really is horrible sounding. Even WOT just sounded off.

There will probably be a point I go aftermarket, but for right now I’m quite pleased with the factory NPP tone.
Yes, there was nothing good to be said about it, IMO.

I LOVE the NPP, though I wish I had a volume knob to make it louder on occasion. For a factory system, I am surprised at how good it really is.

Last edited by zaimer; 12-03-2020 at 10:25 AM.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:19 AM   #19
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
My vote is for NPP and MRC as well. I got that on my 20 vert. No regrets.
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:24 AM   #20
KenMaro

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS manual
I am with you, I didn't like the changes the 1LE forces you to do. If I recall correctly the hood and side mirrors are blacked out and the interior is black only.

I also agree with everyone else that has mentioned the NPP option. I did not get the magnetic ride control, I don't miss it because I never tested it out. I can not say that I regret it or not, I can say I am quite happy with the stock suspension.

When I ordered my car I actually started talking with my salesman in July 2018, I was looking for particular options but by then they had stopped taking orders for the 2018 year. As it happens I am one of the minority (it seems) that liked the cosmetic changes when they moved to the 2019 model. So, I was more than happy to wait until ordering was available, but I am also in Michigan and decided I would wait until spring. I didn't want to order the car and have it sit through the winter with me just looking at it. I knew once I had it I would want to drive it. I ordered my car in Feb 2019 and took delivery April 2019.

My advice would be to talk with your dealership/salesman and make sure they know you are a serious buyer. After having read through some stories on these forums it appears not all dealerships get allocations for Camaros. Make sure your dealership is aware of your intentions and is able to get you the order you want. I talked with my salesman a handful of times throughout the winter into spring. I had everything I needed to know by then including all the build options I had planned as well as all the fees and taxes associated with the purchase (including pre-approval from my bank).

Have fun, I really don't think you can go wrong with whatever version of a Camaro you get. It has been an absolute joy since I received mine.
KenMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:39 AM   #21
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Get an aftermarket axle back if you don’t get NPP. Aftermarket like Borla s-type sounds better. Non NPP stock exhaust sounds way too neutered. I think mag ride is a complete waste for a sunny day car. I don’t have it on my 1SS and I guarantee I’d never use it. Stock ride is great.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:46 AM   #22
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Wild Cherry gets my vote. I LOVE black. But every black car I have owned drove me nuts. Its crazy how much dirt it shows. I couldn't handle it anymore. I am too picky. If you dont like what the 1LE offers you for the money, (I personally think its a steal for what you get) I would make sure to get the Magnetic ride. It is truly different driving and an amazing suspension. My dad has a 2018 SS Hot Wheels Vert without it and I notice the difference when I drive his car. The NPP is also one of the best factory exhaust systems I have ever heard. This Camaro (and my last 1LE) will be the first performance vehicles in decades that I didnt change the exhaust out right away. Just my .02 cents for thought......
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 11:05 AM   #23
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
I’d recommend driving a 1le, the shorter throw shifter, the wheels, brakes, pdr, recaro seats even if you don’t track it are awesome. I daily drive mine and the ride isn’t bad. Makes it a little more special to me but I’m biased lol.
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:11 PM   #24
Snakely

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry 2SS M6
One thing that i didnt like (i suppose i would get used to it though), is the LCD rear camera for the rearview mirror.

I had to turn it off for the test drive.

have you all gotten used that and use it all the time now?
Snakely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:22 PM   #25
KenMaro

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS manual
Quote:
One thing that i didnt like (i suppose i would get used to it though), is the LCD rear camera for the rearview mirror.

I have used it, but only on occasions. I do not leave it on all the time if that is what you are asking. I could see how leaving it on all the time would drive me crazy.
KenMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:31 PM   #26
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:

Yes, it was weird at first but I love mine now! It's amazing how much you can see behind you. The only time I turn mine off is at night with lots of headlights behind me as then the image is horrible on the eyes.

Good luck with your choice! I, personally, love the Wild Cherry. If that color was available when I got mine, I would've gotten it instead of the Red Hot.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:58 PM   #27
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Not sure if it’s standard on the 2SS, or included in a package you are getting, but one thing I hated on other cars but really like on the camaro is the collision alert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
Yes, it was weird at first but I love mine now! It's amazing how much you can see behind you. The only time I turn mine off is at night with lots of headlights behind me as then the image is horrible on the eyes.

Good luck with your choice! I, personally, love the Wild Cherry. If that color was available when I got mine, I would've gotten it instead of the Red Hot.
It does take some getting used to. I use it on occasion for certain parking spots backing up. The field of vision is greater than out the back window & in conjunction with the low mount back-up camera it allows you to see quite decently. I do, however, see cars better not using it when driving.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 01:08 PM   #28
VT-1LE

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE Satin Steel Metallic
I haven’t used it much because I’ve driven mainly on 2 lane roads. I think I will use it more for 4 lane highway driving. I feel it will be very useful for 6 lane+ highway driving because the field of view is much better but I agree it does take some getting used to. Your eyes have to make a bit of a focus adjustment when you look at it. I like the feature even though I haven’t used it much yet.
VT-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote