Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-03-2020, 06:29 PM   #29
WldchrySS

Drives: 2021 camaro ss
The wild cherry is a beautiful color . It really pops in the light. I wasn’t sure about it till it showed up. I preffer blue or black but it is a very unique color.
WldchrySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 06:37 PM   #30
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
As someone that came from non-NPP & Mag Ride to NPP & Mag Ride, get it. My humble .03.

Between black & cherry, I’d also go cherry. Mainly because black shows everything. Guy I know sold his Black 1LE mainly because of that.
No more black for me jack. But i said that many times before and ended up with black again. Had a black 1999 Lightning and a 04 C5 and a 03 S10 Xtreme as well as a 2013 RAM R/T. Pretty color but a full time job to keep up.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 12:18 AM   #31
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Wouldn't it be cheaper to find a 2020 new 1LE left over on the lots?

When I was looking a few months ago Chevy on left overs wasn't offering much rebates BUT the one dealer had 3 left over and were throwing their own rebates in which took another 2500 off MSRP.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 12:31 AM   #32
TheXenix

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS A8
My first Camaro was black, 2nd Camaro (Current) is also black.

I will never ever buy black cars... any little dirt, swirls, water spots will show immediately. No matter how much you wax, polish, it'll get dusty in the next few hours. (Granted, I do live in AZ.)

1LE also uses wider tires, so that will be added to your expense once you need to buy new tires.

NPP is a must for sure, very much worth it.
TheXenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:27 AM   #33
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
My suggestions:
  1. If you've never owned a black car and you're anal about car appearance, then budget to spend +$5k-ish for full car top-shelf self-healing PPF and put a durable hydrophobic coating on top. You work at a car museum, so I'd hazard a guess this may be important.
  2. If you go RWC, put $1-2k into PPF on the front end and rockers/spats to prevent rock chips. The paint is thin and will chip, and RWC is a tricoat so not easy to touch up.
  3. Full car durable hydrophobic coating (Gtechniq EXO or similar). Don't bother with ceramic coating on the paint. But do ceramic coat the grille and wheels before the hydrophobic.
  4. Do not have the dealer do any PPF or paint sealants. Join your local Camaro club and ask around at cars-n-coffee to find the best PPF installer in your area, and then pay them well for paint correction and install of the film and coatings. Have them oversize the patters and wrap/tuck all the edges, pull emblems, etc. for zero visible seams. Quality, skill and experience of the installer matters more than anything else here.
  5. Install a set of lift points.
  6. ZL1 Addons or ACS rock guards.
  7. All weather floor mats (Husky: best at catching and holding beach sand, water, etc.).
  8. No homelink now, so get a low profile opener for your vizor or just velcro to the dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakely View Post
...LCD rear camera for the rearview mirror.

I had to turn it off for the test drive.

have you all gotten used that and use it all the time now?
That video-screen-12-inches-from-my-nose stuff is not for me.

Nifty tech, but i'm just too old now. I would need 2.0+ power reading glasses to use it and that's not gonna happen while driving. But even if was 15 years younger and could still focus on the screen, the change in depth of focus would drive me nuts.

Last edited by Gunkk; 12-04-2020 at 08:43 AM.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 09:47 AM   #34
Snakely

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
My suggestions:
  1. If you've never owned a black car and you're anal about car appearance, then budget to spend +$5k-ish for full car top-shelf self-healing PPF and put a durable hydrophobic coating on top. You work at a car museum, so I'd hazard a guess this may be important.
  2. If you go RWC, put $1-2k into PPF on the front end and rockers/spats to prevent rock chips. The paint is thin and will chip, and RWC is a tricoat so not easy to touch up.
  3. Full car durable hydrophobic coating (Gtechniq EXO or similar). Don't bother with ceramic coating on the paint. But do ceramic coat the grille and wheels before the hydrophobic.
  4. Do not have the dealer do any PPF or paint sealants. Join your local Camaro club and ask around at cars-n-coffee to find the best PPF installer in your area, and then pay them well for paint correction and install of the film and coatings. Have them oversize the patters and wrap/tuck all the edges, pull emblems, etc. for zero visible seams. Quality, skill and experience of the installer matters more than anything else here.
  5. Install a set of lift points.
  6. ZL1 Addons or ACS rock guards.
  7. All weather floor mats (Husky: best at catching and holding beach sand, water, etc.).
  8. No homelink now, so get a low profile opener for your vizor or just velcro to the dash.
Good Info, Thanks!

I think I am leaning towards the Wild Cherry. I do like the black with the red accents, but I'm not sure its worth the price of the black paint upkeep.
Snakely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 09:58 AM   #35
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
[*]All weather floor mats (Husky: best at catching and holding beach sand, water, etc.).
I have them and LOVE them!
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 03:50 PM   #36
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Good Info, Thanks!

I think I am leaning towards the Wild Cherry. I do like the black with the red accents, but I'm not sure its worth the price of the black paint upkeep.
You'll love that deep, royal red that is offset so well by the black ground effects and grille.

One thing about the order process, I recommend that you take advantage of our tracking thread where Joe selflessly provides regular updates to anyone with an order number, see here: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251

Other than that, there are so many small and more significant things to consider, not knowing what's most important to you in a car or specifically a Camaro makes us shoot in the dark

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 09:29 PM   #37
B8TTYVILLEKID

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2 SS
definitely NPP. you are buying a muscle car for goodness sakes
B8TTYVILLEKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 09:33 PM   #38
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by B8TTYVILLEKID View Post
definitely NPP. you are buying a muscle car for goodness sakes

I agree. The NPP is still not loud enough for me though! Personally if you're going to put aftermarket exhaust on it I'd just save money and get the standard.

Btw mine is stock and my neighbor said my SS scared him the first time I started it up LOL. Wait until I get performance exhaust on it.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:05 AM   #39
Snakely

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
You'll love that deep, royal red that is offset so well by the black ground effects and grille.

One thing about the order process, I recommend that you take advantage of our tracking thread where Joe selflessly provides regular updates to anyone with an order number, see here: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251

Other than that, there are so many small and more significant things to consider, not knowing what's most important to you in a car or specifically a Camaro makes us shoot in the dark

here's my story in a nutshell...

My wife and i enjoy cars shows, so about 10 years ago i got the idea to build a Cobra replica, the Factory Five roadster kit. And that is still in mind for the future (hence the screen name Snakely, though there's a bit of a back story there too).

but trying to save that kind of money difficult, life happens, ya move, that sort of thing. So finally a couple years ago i started saving in earnest, and then this fall i was thinking... Why dont i take this same money and use it as a down payment on some modern muscle and see if we really do actively enjoy it. I started looking at what was around, and I liked the Camaros the best. the 2SS appears to have most comfortable cabin (excluding the back seats), and the Adrenalin Red package really struck me.

So this is just gonna be a sunny day car, no track time, and I'm unlikely to mod it in any serious way. Its an easy way to get into high performance cars. Spending time at www.natmus.org and driving some of their cars to shows had scratched the itch for a while, but now i want my own.

by the way, if anyone is in northeast indiana and would like to go through the museum, id be happy to walk you through. We have the only publicly available restored GM Futurliner on display. #10 of 12. you may have seen #3 that Dave Kindig restored on tv. that one is privately owned, and not shown publicly (at this time anyway)
Old 12-05-2020, 08:44 AM   #40
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
here's my story in a nutshell...

My wife and i enjoy cars shows, so about 10 years ago i got the idea to build a Cobra replica, the Factory Five roadster kit. And that is still in mind for the future (hence the screen name Snakely, though there's a bit of a back story there too).

but trying to save that kind of money difficult, life happens, ya move, that sort of thing. So finally a couple years ago i started saving in earnest, and then this fall i was thinking... Why dont i take this same money and use it as a down payment on some modern muscle and see if we really do actively enjoy it. I started looking at what was around, and I liked the Camaros the best. the 2SS appears to have most comfortable cabin (excluding the back seats), and the Adrenalin Red package really struck me.

So this is just gonna be a sunny day car, no track time, and I'm unlikely to mod it in any serious way. Its an easy way to get into high performance cars. Spending time at www.natmus.org and driving some of their cars to shows had scratched the itch for a while, but now i want my own.

by the way, if anyone is in northeast indiana and would like to go through the museum, id be happy to walk you through. We have the only publicly available restored GM Futurliner on display. #10 of 12. you may have seen #3 that Dave Kindig restored on tv. that one is privately owned, and not shown publicly (at this time anyway)
Very interesting.

I have wanted to do a Cobra for decades as well. Each time I would get close to starting it I would look at my totals sheet. Eventually I gave up on the idea.

The SS is a fun and exhilarating machine. While it has some detriments, it is truly built on a world class chassis. Look at any real neutral review of it vs the competition & you will see a common pattern, it’s simply the best & well balanced machine in this segment & price point.

I’d love to check out the museum! I never had a clue it was there or I would probably have already. We go to Mishawaka/South Bend/ Goshen once a year, (except this year Kung Flu) on business. Wife & I have turned it into an annual road trip of sorts for a few years. Hopefully next year. I’ll let ya take the Z for a spin!

Speaking of that, if you’re looking to bring something a little more rare than an SS for shows, a ZL1 fits that bill nicely. Just sayin’.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 09:08 AM   #41
Snakely

I'd like to have the ZL1, unfortunately its outside my budget. I wouldn't say no to driving it though! :~D

I love talking about the museum! We have a red (dealer painted) 81 DeLorean; the only remaining prototype Ball Stud Hemi motor (sitting in a 69 Cuda); a new old stock built replica of teh Essex Cobra (in my avatar over there). We've got over 150 Cars and Trucks on display, various Makes, Models, and Vintages. We even have on loan a replica of a Model T engine powered Airplane!

If you're familiar with Auburn, Cord, and Duesenberg cars, we are in the original Service and Experimental buildings for that company, built in 1923 and 1928 respectively. We're located directly behind the original headquarters\design\engineering\showroom building that currently houses the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum (which is also amazing). We offer a campus pass for both places.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:11 AM   #42
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
I agree. The NPP is still not loud enough for me though! Personally if you're going to put aftermarket exhaust on it I'd just save money and get the standard.

Btw mine is stock and my neighbor said my SS scared him the first time I started it up LOL. Wait until I get performance exhaust on it.
I can definitely understand your thoughts about the exhaust. I solved that problem by lowering the rear seat.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote