Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-26-2018, 06:27 AM   #71
HyperBlue16

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by z2f2ss View Post
how do i know which version ill get? no where on anyones site does it mention firmware version. im about to bite but if i can save $20 from another vendor...hey 20 is 20.
Best to get straight from Range to be sure, otherwise outside companies might have old-stock with older versions. To get updated, you have to ship at your cost. So save now & you pay alittle more later when buying thru vendor & wait for turn around time or just get current updated one now and hope no more updates! Plus thru them, they have records you bought it & version for future issues.
HyperBlue16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:21 AM   #72
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue16 View Post
Best to get straight from Range to be sure, otherwise outside companies might have old-stock with older versions. To get updated, you have to ship at your cost. So save now & you pay alittle more later when buying thru vendor & wait for turn around time or just get current updated one now and hope no more updates! Plus thru them, they have records you bought it & version for future issues.
<--- This is the way to go, if you can not contact an outside vender to confirm 8.6 firmware. I will tell you Range Technology has had my unit in hand for 2 wks for the firmware update (original 8.2 purchased from them). Multiple follow-up calls to them, the last two (week apart) she ended the call stating I would get an email by end of the day that it is on the return, I have yet to receive a return confirmation email. Not sure I would be wanting to wait like this any other time of the year.
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:22 AM   #73
rap47

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue16 View Post
+1 What he said.
rap47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:59 AM   #74
CruzySS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
CruzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:55 PM   #75
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Yay finally got the email aprox an hour ago, it's on the way back!
Hear, hear to the success of the 8.6
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:27 PM   #76
HyperBlue16

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
<--- This is the way to go, if you can not contact an outside vender to confirm 8.6 firmware. I will tell you Range Technology has had my unit in hand for 2 wks for the firmware update (original 8.2 purchased from them). Multiple follow-up calls to them, the last two (week apart) she ended the call stating I would get an email by end of the day that it is on the return, I have yet to receive a return confirmation email. Not sure I would be wanting to wait like this any other time of the year.
Ya, i having issues also, I did what they said, i sent it and emailed tracking #, she responded "I will get your replacement out the door for you today, 01.22 with confirmation and tracking being emailed to you at that time."
No email yet and they already have mine, was suppose to be a swap, ship mine, they ship same time.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:31 PM   #77
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
45e3q
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
I was able to try out the newest Range AFM device.
  • 6 start stops of over a period of 70 +/- miles, highway and city.
  • No codes or other electronic issues (so far, so good).
  • It could be my imagination, but shifting seemed much better (than usual) after 50 or so miles of full time V8 mode.
  • I'll leave it plugged in for week +/- starting this evening (will check battery voltage periodically).I'd like to buy a cheap milliamp meter, but don't know how much "stock" parasitic draw there is compared to the range device. As well, what scale and accuracy is needed for an a good test.
  • When the car shuts down, the Range LED shut off.
  • The goal is to easily start the car after 8-9 days (which is normal if the range were not plugged in)
Update - Had the Range plugged in for 7 days.
  • Day 1 battery = 12.47 VDC, Day 7 battery = 12.36 VDC.
  • Car started with no hesitation.(I've never had an issue starting my car, so this is good news).
  • Zero codes / faults / electronic issues etc.
  • 100+/- miles (in total) w/V8 mode maintained at all times.
  • The Range get's warm to the touch (with engine on) Perhaps 10F -15F over ambient. Not certain if this is normal.
So far, I'm very satisfied. If something changes, I'll update again.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:30 PM   #78
CruzySS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
That's a confirmation that it does indeed shut off.
CruzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 04:36 PM   #79
z2f2ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Hyper Metallic Blue
thats awesome. ive purchased the Range. hopefully it ships tomorrow. im fed up with the damn transmission in this stupid car. it makes the whole experience worthless
z2f2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:59 PM   #80
HyperBlue16

Just got my replacement one and so far the 2 times i have taken it out past 2 days seems to be working fine.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:54 PM   #81
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by z2f2ss View Post
thats awesome. ive purchased the Range. hopefully it ships tomorrow. im fed up with the damn transmission in this stupid car. it makes the whole experience worthless
I agree, some good news regarding the update. Curious, and I have asked others, but what is the complaint regarding the transmission. How do you expect the AFM disabler to change that?

My biggest complaint regarding the transmission is that when not driving aggressively it upshifts to 6th or 7th gear way to soon (seems like 45 mph). Would be great but I don't see how the AFM disabler will change that.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:00 AM   #82
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Has it been established that the new 8.6 firmware addressed all the previous issues? such as not shutting off and CEL's??
Old 02-20-2018, 12:14 PM   #83
Marco Falcone

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible MBM/Kal
I’m ordering a 2018 2SS vert with A8, MRC, NPP, Brembo 6-piston fronts, and all the other goodies in March.

The Range is on top of my list of “must buys.” (Along with a battery tender just in case.)

I’ve been making a list of all the stuff to “pre-buy” prior to delivery, based on this amazing forum. 305/285 Michelin Pilot Sport 4s’ on some cool wheels are also high on the list. And I’ll probably pull over a few blocks from the dealership after I take delivery and pull Fuse 51!

Looking forward to seeing some more longer-term write-ups on the newest Range device.

Thanks for such a great forum and great info!
Marco Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:17 PM   #84
Silver2ssA8

Drives: 2017 Silver SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Falcone View Post
I’m ordering a 2018 2SS vert with A8, MRC, NPP, Brembo 6-piston fronts, and all the other goodies in March.

The Range is on top of my list of “must buys.” (Along with a battery tender just in case.)

I’ve been making a list of all the stuff to “pre-buy” prior to delivery, based on this amazing forum. 305/285 Michelin Pilot Sport 4s’ on some cool wheels are also high on the list. And I’ll probably pull over a few blocks from the dealership after I take delivery and pull Fuse 51!

Looking forward to seeing some more longer-term write-ups on the newest Range device.

Thanks for such a great forum and great info!
Maybe some rock guards and xpel to go with the wider wheels
Silver2ssA8 is offline   Reply With Quote