Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek

Old 02-11-2020, 03:26 PM   #1
Punchzl1

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
MAYBE THIS WILL HELP SOMEONE

So i recently traded my auto ZL1 for a manual one and decided to install headers. Of course having to remove the searing shaft or whatever its called to install the driver side header, after install i got the service stabilitrack light and power searing. Well after some digging i found out my searing wheel had spinned on me from its original state. So i thought how would i know witch way it spinned? Well when backing up i noticed the guide lines on the rear view camera wer all facing to the right so i lined up the camera by turning the steering wheel, noticed wheels wer off so i lifted the front end, unbolted the bottom of the shaft, turned the wheels by hand straight bolted it back up and done all lights off! Dont know if someone already posted this but i just got my camaro back and thought this might help.
Punchzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:38 PM   #2
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
this is good to know. thank you.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 04:40 PM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
There might also be an air bag clock spring in there that could be damaged if not centered correctly. If I recall, it was pretty much a reel, like on a fishing pole, that would wind-and-unwind with the wheel as you steered, and maintained contact from the air bag to the steering column.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 04:46 PM   #4
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Thank you for posting this up so others will know. One of the reasons why I love this place.

PS. Don’t forget to put up some exhaust vids

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 04:56 PM   #5
Punchzl1

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
There might also be an air bag clock spring in there that could be damaged if not centered correctly. If I recall, it was pretty much a reel, like on a fishing pole, that would wind-and-unwind with the wheel as you steered, and maintained contact from the air bag to the steering column.
This is true but only if you go really fart out on the turns plus you will hear a pop sounds like broke plastic and will get a airbag light. But seems like the reverse camera is calibrated perfect to keeping the steering wheel within certain ammount of turns
Punchzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 06:49 PM   #6
iwk2much

Drives: ZLI 1LE; Panamera Turbo; Denali HD
headers

Sorry for stealing the post but I too had headers installed on my ZLE. My last vehicle with headers was ages ago - 4 cylinder at that.

I must say I was surprised(not in a good way) on the pitch of the new sound coming from the engine bay. Instead of hearing more engine growl, or whine of the blower or other noises that bring a smile to your face, I hear sounds I was not expecting. The sound is hard to describe - i guess it sounds like the resonance you would expect from a thin (thinner that the stock manifold) LT header. I wasn't expecting it. A little disappointed really. I have no leaks and the dyno output is seems to show good output.

Anyway - looking for your opinion on the sound from your header? Happy?
iwk2much is offline   Reply With Quote