Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

AWE Tuning

Old 02-10-2018, 01:54 PM   #43
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Well, this tread locks it up for me. I was just about to pull the trigger on an SS vert. Not going to do it. GMs history with convertibles seems to be with this car two. Love this car with the vert. I just dontlike paying extra for more problems.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:38 PM   #44
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
I have had a couple corvette verts and never had a problem. The Camaro system is awesome, so I wouldn’t hesitate to go vert...it is true that it’s another potential for problems...but it’s also the only way to drive in the nice weather.
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:51 PM   #45
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Only the people with problems post. That's what I would expect them to do. I've had mine for 18 months and 20K miles and no problem with the top or the tonneau.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:56 PM   #46
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Only the people with problems post. That's what I would expect them to do. I've had mine for 18 months and 20K miles and no problem with the top or the tonneau.
How often do you use it?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:18 PM   #47
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
How often do you use it?
Have aprox 6,500 miles on ours, the top is cycled multiple times each time it is driven with no issue with the mechanics or tonneau (as of yet). It was just brought to my attention here yesterday about the window delaminating from the canvas top, it has a small spot that is currently not bad enough to consider a warranty replacement at this time. Certainly will address it by end of the warranty period though!! Would not be deterred from purchasing a Vert (unless interested in tracking the vehicle too).
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:48 AM   #48
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
No problems with window. Had the issue with the plastic piece but was corrected by the dealer immediately. Lower the top each and every time I take the car out. Works flawlessly, don't have to touch a thing and it looks awesome with the hard tonneau . The top is one of the best features of the car. Have the A8 so when I leave work I can start the car and lower the top with the key fob. By the time I get to the car I just jump in and go. Love it!
Old 02-11-2018, 03:55 PM   #49
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
How often do you use it?
Mine gets cycled a lot. If it's over 50 degrees, and not raining or super windy, I'm dropping the top. Then when I get where I'm going, since I live in a large metro area, top goes up. When I'm ready to leave, down she goes again. On nice summer days, up and down 5 - 6 times a day is not unusual.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:24 PM   #50
Gen6 softtop

Drives: Hyper blue 1ss convertible 6 sp
Quote:
How often do you use it?
have 11,000 miles on my 17 top is up and down all the time no issues. Highly recommend the vert so enjoyable
Gen6 softtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:51 PM   #51
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
This part is probably the weakest point in the top mechanism from what I can tell. Dealer said they have replaced a few under warranty. Problem I see with them is people getting in and out of the back seat with the top down. If they use that area to lean on as they climb in they can knock it out of its track. It pops back in pretty easily but those springs are probably a pain to reinstall. Ive actually pushed on it a little too hard cleaning the car, so I can see how it could be easily popped out.

Would I let that little issue keep me from buying the vert? Absolutely not.
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:42 PM   #52
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
How often do you use it?
Sorry, just noticed your question. I would say fairly often, maybe not as much as some of the others who posted. For sure any time I pick my grandson up at school. Usually several times a week.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:21 PM   #53
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Well, this tread locks it up for me. I was just about to pull the trigger on an SS vert. Not going to do it. GMs history with convertibles seems to be with this car two. Love this car with the vert. I just dontlike paying extra for more problems.
About 11k miles on mine now. Only three issues related to being a convertible. First was the typical rattle/squeaking noise with the top up, which went away after I figured out where I needed to lubricate. The second issue was the TSB for the trunk partition. The third issue was the rear window adhesive discoloring and letting go in a couple areas; the dealer replaced the top under warranty.

For me, these issues and the other issues I have read about would not keep me from buying another Camaro convertible.

However, mine is not a daily driver, usually only weekends. But when it is driven, the top is down and up multiple times.

--KLG--
2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:44 PM   #54
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLG View Post
The second issue was the TSB for the trunk partition.
--KLG--
Does your partition stay up when pressure is put on it? If so, when did you have it done?
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:15 PM   #55
urirx98

Drives: 2016 Bumble Bee Yellow 2SS
Bought a 16 2ss conv cpo with 3800 milels last month and didnt notice this same issue til few days after i took the car home. I called the dealer i got it from and they said its a known issue and its completly covered by warranty, so when im ready for my oil change in few months ill call to get part ordered then get both done together.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:16 PM   #56
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
[QUOTE=mekirk2;10075261]Does your partition stay up when pressure is put on it? If so, when did you have it done?[/QUOTE

The replacement partition does not stay secured to the mounting posts anywhere near as well as the original partition. It easily drops off the mounting posts with just light pressure. I complained to the dealership and was told it is normal.

So far, it has not dropped while driving. I am giving it a little time and see what happens.

Still thinking about a fix if the dealership is unable to address the issue, which, I suspect will be the case.

--KLG--
2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plastic, replace, retract, stuck, tonneau