Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 11-12-2017, 08:03 AM   #309
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MazzaBL View Post
Pretty sad when you have to compare the halo mustang to a mid range camaro and bring up arbitrary things irrelevant to performance.
Lets compare it to the ZL1 for shits and giggles. M6 ZL1 just to keep it apples to apples.

MSRP- wash

Horesepower- R down 125

Torque- R down 225ft/lb

Weight- R 300 lighter

1/4- R-12.1 Z-11.9

Lighning Lap- Z by 1.8sec

I would expect more from the worlds greatest chassis and that power advantage.

GM should invest in CF wheels i guess
Old 11-12-2017, 08:51 AM   #310
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Lets compare it to the ZL1 for shits and giggles. M6 ZL1 just to keep it apples to apples.

MSRP- wash

Horesepower- R down 125

Torque- R down 225ft/lb

Weight- R 300 lighter

1/4- R-12.1 Z-11.9

ZL1 is the more comfortable car with more creature comforts than the R,yet is still quicker. One can say "YEAH IT HAS MORE POWER, but it also has more weight and less tire.

Better performing car for the same money isn't enough? Remember when the GT500 weighed 300 pounds less than the ZL1 and had more horsepower, yet lapped about the same?

Below is what Car and Driver also said about the ZL1 during Lightning Lap.
"In more favorable conditions, we’re confident that the Camaro ZL1 had a 2:48 in it, maybe a 2:47." I'm pretty sure they weren't run the same year either, so difference could be more, could be less.

If ZL1 isn't enough, the ZL1 1LE absolutely crushes the R. 6.1 seconds faster at Lightning lap... Again, different days.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:28 AM   #311
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

MSRP- wash

Horesepower- R down 125

Torque- R down 225ft/lb

Weight- R 300 lighter

1/4- R-12.1 Z-11.9

The ZL1 will also match or beat the Hellcat on the drag strip with all the comforts. Triple Threat = track/strip/street

I think the match you're suggesting would be with this car. ZL1 1LE. Certain and utter humiliation for the GT350R.

BTW - For some reason the ZL1 ran 1.74 seconds slower the day it met the GT350R (127.9 vs 128.29 sec). Previously with same car, same track, same driver ran 1:26.16 manual and 126.48 A10 with the A10 running an unofficial, but captured on PDR, 125.87 sec
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 11-12-2017, 09:52 AM   #312
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
ZL1 is the more comfortable car with more creature comforts than the R,yet is still quicker. One can say "YEAH IT HAS MORE POWER, but it also has more weight and less tire. More than enough power to overcome the weight disadvantage...tire argument is valid on a road course, but .2 in the 1/4 mile
is just bad.

Better performing car for the same money isn't enough? Remember when the GT500 weighed 300 pounds less than thabsolutely and it should as it was built for that singular purpose.e ZL1 and had more horsepower, yet lapped about the same?fair argument, the gt500 was also on less tire, no mag shocks and a stick axle. it needed the power/weight advantage to offset its inferior chassis/suspension. the 6gZL1 is at no disadvantage vs the R in chassis/suspension and holds an even greater power advantage over the R than the GT500 had over the 5gZL1. the GT500 also slaughtered the ZL1 in the 1/4

Below is what Car and Driver also said about the ZL1 during Lightning Lap.
"In more favorable conditions, we’re confident that the Camaro ZL1 had a 2:48 in it, maybe a 2:47." I'm pretty sure they weren't run the same year either, so difference could be more, could be less.
would be, could be, but wasn't
If ZL1 isn't enough, the ZL1 1LE absolutely crushes the R. 6.1 seconds faster at Lightning lap... Again, different days.absolutely and it should as it was built for that singular purpose.
in blue

Last edited by FastCarFanBoy; 11-12-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:09 AM   #313
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
in blue
If you are going to compare the 350R to a Camaro it needs to be the ZL1 1LE. The Halo Mustang vs the Halo Camaro. Both built solely for the track. Even without the 1LE package the base ZL1 is faster than the R. And it doesn't have a 25k ADM making it cheaper as well. I don't care that the 350R is down on power. At the price they want for it no one is going to give them an "honorable mention" for going N/A.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:24 AM   #314
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
If you are going to compare the 350R to a Camaro it needs to be the ZL1 1LE. The Halo Mustang vs the Halo Camaro. Both built solely for the track. Even without the 1LE package the base ZL1 is faster than the R. And it doesn't have a 25k ADM making it cheaper as well. I don't care that the 350R is down on power. At the price they want for it no one is going to give them an "honorable mention" for going N/A.
the ZL1LE is laughable as a tractable street car , not even in the same ballpark as the R.

you'll find guys that will say they can tolerate a ZL1LE on the street, but you will also find guys who like having their dicks stepped on with high heels.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:39 AM   #315
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
the ZL1LE is laughable as a tractable street car , not even in the same ballpark as the R.

you'll find guys that will say they can tolerate a ZL1LE on the street, but you will also find guys who like having their dicks stepped on with high heels.
Are you actually suggesting that the GT350 R is a better performer because it is softer on the street? (Like all Mustangs are) That's a new one. Surely people buying a ZL1 1LE must be thinking "Gosh I wish this suspension was softer so my ass doesn't hurt at cars and coffee or the local Sonic". Claiming the R with its fragile carbon wheels and 6k+ power band is more "streetable" is laughable. (Your high heels joke did make me laugh though)
Old 11-12-2017, 10:58 AM   #316
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Are you actually suggesting that the GT350 R is a better performer because it is softer on the street? (Like all Mustangs are) That's a new one. Surely people buying a ZL1 1LE must be thinking "Gosh I wish this suspension was softer so my ass doesn't hurt at cars and coffee or the local Sonic". Claiming the R with its fragile carbon wheels and 6k+ power band is more "streetable" is laughable. (Your high heels joke did make me laugh though)
too silly to require a though out response.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:13 AM   #317
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

LOL https://youtu.be/B1ELcK8gXlw

not an '18 but give it time.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:22 AM   #318
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Quote:
too silly to require a though out response.
I’d take that as ‘Checkmate’

It’s like shooting fish in a barrel

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 11-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #319
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I’d take that as ‘Checkmate’

It’s like shooting fish in a barrel
then you should stick to checkers
Old 11-12-2017, 12:58 PM   #320
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:

MSRP- wash

Horesepower- R down 125

Torque- R down 225ft/lb

Weight- R 300 lighter

1/4- R-12.1 Z-11.9

Where are you getting the 11.9 from? The ZL1 has done a best of 11.4 with the A10 in a magazine test. In MT's H2H it did an 11.8 with the M6 trans. Same test the GT350R did a 12.2. So are you pitting the best time any GT350R has tested at in a magazine against the worst time (or nonexistent time) for the ZL1? If you're gonna use the best time for the R then be fair and use the best time for the ZL1. Or go by the 11.8 compared t the 12.2. I know you Mustang guys like to "cheat" but come on.

And for the record, where have you seen the R go 12.1? I'm curious.

Second, let's compare the R to the SS 1LE shall we?
MSRP - R is considerably more...much much more
HP - R is up by 71
TQ - R is down by 26
Weight - R is 134 pounds lighter
1/4 mile - R is a 12.2 and the SS 1LE is a 12.3
Lightning Lap - Well again your times are off. R - 2:51.8 which is 6.1 seconds slower than the ZL1's 2:45.7. The SS 1LE did it in 2:54.8 which is 3 seconds slower than the GT350R.

I guess you should be expecting more from a car that comes with way less options, costs almost twice as much, and is supposedly built around being a track car. Maybe Ford should spent more money on the actual car instead of CF rims.

Quote:
More than enough power to overcome the weight disadvantage...tire argument is valid on a road course, but .2 in the 1/4 mile is just bad.
And it did overcome the weight disadvantage and then some. And that 0.2 is you putting the R's best ever time (if it even did an 12.1 which I can't seem to find) against the ZL1's worst ever time (if that even exists since I can't find that either). Best 1/4 mile M6 ZL1 to the best GT350R 1/4 mile is 11.7 ZL1 to 12.2 R which is half a second. In the H2H it was a difference of .4 seconds in the 1/4 and the ZL1 was faster by almost 5 MPH.

Quote:
fair argument, the gt500 was also on less tire, no mag shocks and a stick axle. it needed the power/weight advantage to offset its inferior chassis/suspension. the 6gZL1 is at no disadvantage vs the R in chassis/suspension and holds an even greater power advantage over the R than the GT500 had over the 5gZL1. the GT500 also slaughtered the ZL1 in the 1/4
In the MT H2H the 1/4 mile difference was .5 seconds and we'll all admit that it is faster in a straight line. Yet you call it a "slaughter" and then pick and choose the ZL1 times you wanna compare to the R times to make it look less than what it is. Again, be fair. Same day and same track the 500 was half a second quicker than the 5G ZL1. Same day and same track the 6G ZL1 was .4 seconds quicker than the R. If it was a slaughter in favor of the 500 then the 6G ZL1 slaughtered the R just the same. Stop it with the ricer math.

Quote:
would be, could be, but wasn't
True. But it is still much faster than the R. And the 1LE version is even faster than that.

Quote:
absolutely and it should as it was built for that singular purpose.
So WTF was the Shelby built for then? When we mention 1/4 mile times you guys say "it isn't an apples to apples comparison because the GT350R isn't built for straight line performance". When we say how the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE beat it around a track you say "oh those are it's natural competitors and the 1LE is built solely for the track". So what is the purpose of this stripped down $65K car? Was it to beat the 15 Z28 and 15 ZL1 and nothing else because that is what it looks like. So congrats I guess. A brand new 2018 GT350R can beat a 3 year old previous Gen Z28 and ZL1...SMH.

Last edited by BlaqWhole; 11-12-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:06 PM   #321
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:

Well the GT350R can't even beat the standard ZL1. The 1LE goes even beyond that. And I'm sure there are plenty of people who could DD a ZL1 1LE. Anyone who has modded suspensions on older cars know what a rough ride feels like and we're probably more used to it. If you can DD a Fox body, SN95, 3rd Gen Z28, 4th Gen Z28, or any of the older stuff with a stiff suspension then I doubt the ZL1 1LE will be anything different if even that bad at all. Just because some people are a bunch of spoiled prisses who want a soft comfortable ride and no harshness but wanna handle like they're on rails doesn't mean everyone is like that. The Z51 was rough too but a lot of people DD them. Shit I'll DD the hell out of a ZL1 1LE, Z51 Vette, anything they have these days and I'll enjoy every minute of it. And using that as an excuse is just pathetic anyway. You need better arguments.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:55 PM   #322
HeaterMan

Drives: 2018 PP GT
wow, 23 pages of back and forth about a car that has barely hit the dealerships. buy what you like and figure out which car is faster when your at the starting line and the tree is activated.. 95% of the people will never drive these cars to their full potential anyway. sheesh..

2016 Scat Pack Challenger (gone 1-6-2018)
2013 Mustang GT Auto(sold)
2013 Track pack Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2011 Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2010 Camaro SS 6M ( sold)13.36 @109

Closed Thread