Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-11-2023, 07:04 PM   #1
Banshee.2SS

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Grey 2SS 6 Speed
I think I broke the connector for my NPP exhaust?

On my 2017 SS my NPP valves have been non functioning.. I have 2 new NPP actuators that I am trying to install so I can use the exhaust valves again. The driver side one looks corroded and will not come unplugged. The connector separated into 2 different pieces when I was trying to unplug it (first photo). The passenger side valve came unplugged no problem (second photo). Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible to cut it off and put a new connector on?
Attached Images

Last edited by Banshee.2SS; 03-11-2023 at 09:10 PM.
Banshee.2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 07:53 AM   #2
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Well, you didn't break the wires, so what you have will be usable, even if you have to use some tape/epoxy/silicone to hold the connector all together.
The corrosion is probably what's holding it in. Hopefully the contacts on the part you are reusing are salvageable.
I would first try rocking it out with pliers. If stuck firm, I would file the oval ends of the female socket. That is on the actuator which you are replacing. File it enough so you can open it like a clam shell. Then hopefully you can free it off the corroded pins.

If you can salvage it all you are going to have to waterproof what you reassemble. Silicone smeared all around it should do the trick. Just don't pile it on too much in case you have to remove it again.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 06:13 PM   #3
Banshee.2SS

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Grey 2SS 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
Well, you didn't break the wires, so what you have will be usable, even if you have to use some tape/epoxy/silicone to hold the connector all together.
The corrosion is probably what's holding it in. Hopefully the contacts on the part you are reusing are salvageable.
I would first try rocking it out with pliers. If stuck firm, I would file the oval ends of the female socket. That is on the actuator which you are replacing. File it enough so you can open it like a clam shell. Then hopefully you can free it off the corroded pins.

If you can salvage it all you are going to have to waterproof what you reassemble. Silicone smeared all around it should do the trick. Just don't pile it on too much in case you have to remove it again.
Thanks for the advice, I tried the pliers, then also tried filing it down. I have no idea how the connectors basically welded themselves together but I ended up having to cut it off. I found a new connector on findpigtailspigtails.com that I was able to solder on. Hooked up the new actuator, and for the first time in over a year my NPP valves worked again it was great! For some reason the local chevy dealership could not figure this out when I brought it to them to look at it. I assume they didn't want to remove the rear bumper/diffuser to get to it.
Banshee.2SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dual mode exhaust, npp, npp exhaust defect