Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-09-2020, 09:02 AM   #99
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Most of cases the wireless charging pad is useless because of the size differences in cell phones now! Just use your charger cable and plug into the USB port in the center console and motor on! That’s the way I do it. No biggee!��
Old 04-09-2020, 09:42 AM   #100
Orangeman13

Drives: 2023 Black Camaro 2SS
Wireless CarPlay is a game changer for me!
Orangeman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:35 PM   #101
LTwin86

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeman13 View Post
Wireless CarPlay is a game changer for me!
Yes, it is a great update, but you can make wireless Carplay and AA now with your current headunit. Just need some time
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...light=wireless
LTwin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 03:52 PM   #102
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
I prefer a stick. Whats next 15 speeds??….No check it out...it will be a Shiftless CVT Continously Variable Transmission, like in a Pacifica or Nissan maxima.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 05-05-2020 at 03:57 PM. Reason: ;;
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 05:56 PM   #103
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
i don’t like carplay because it interrupts the music when i try to do anything with a text message. other than that it’s ok. not something i’d trade cars for.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:39 PM   #104
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
2SS 1LE with the A10 would most likely be in the mid to high 50s with options and in my opinion if you are going to spend that much you might as well buy a no/low option ZL1 with the A10!
Agreed or jump into a c8
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:09 AM   #105
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
2SS 1LE with the A10 would most likely be in the mid to high 50s with options and in my opinion if you are going to spend that much you might as well buy a no/low option ZL1 with the A10!
I ordered a 2020 2SS (non-1LE) but with NPP, MRC, A10, Red Calipers, Black Rims, and a few other options (about $1k worth) and got it for well under $45k... I'm certain I could have ordered a 2SS 1LE for less than $50k (in SoCal) as the 1LE would have included the MRC, Red Calipers and NPP (which were most of my most expensive options).
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 06:48 AM   #106
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I think the LT1 also needs a heated seat option. That is the only thing keeping my Son from buying one...

Other car companies sell cloth seats with heated option...
GM offers heated cloth... I had them in a Sierra and now in my Silverado. And I quite like the seats, even coming from my last six vehicles being leather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
It does it’s called the SS.
People seem to forget this was GM answer for a cheaper entry level street version V8 not a track version.

If you start adding performance tire package, the cooling required to call it a track version and MRC your back to a SS.

To be honest when you add the performance tire package that’s going to add a good bit of weight. Considering the LT1 is only about 75lbs lighter your back to the SS again.

The SS doesn't come equipped with MRC, so you'd have to add that option cost for that model too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
Running the apps without charging the phone really drains the battery pretty fast. With the wireless charging station in the camaro being useless, I think just use a cable from the center console is still the better idea
Wireless charging in vehicles is nothing but marketing value. Most pads are designed to hold phones on the medium and smaller side WITHOUT a case on them. I have yet to find a vehicle with wireless charging that can handle a large form factor phone in a decent case.

To make matters worse, wireless charging is actually bad for your phone - it accelerates the degradation of your battery because it's constantly being run from battery and recharged. Wired charging has protective circuitry that diverts power to run the phone while the battery stays completely topped off. The result with wireless charging is that you actually put the battery through significantly more total charge cycles in the same span of time compared to wired charging.

Wireless charging further accelerates battery degradation when done while the phone is in use. In a car, with the phone being used for something like navigation, it's going to be running at a warmer temperature because it's under load. Charging the battery while in this state is bad for the battery and actually causes premature breakdown.

I'm happy to stick to called charging with a quality adapter that can fully operate my phone with no need to also pull from battery at any point.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:45 PM   #107
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
GM offers heated cloth... I had them in a Sierra and now in my Silverado. And I quite like the seats, even coming from my last six vehicles being leather.

Wireless charging in vehicles is nothing but marketing value. Most pads are designed to hold phones on the medium and smaller side WITHOUT a case on them. I have yet to find a vehicle with wireless charging that can handle a large form factor phone in a decent case.

To make matters worse, wireless charging is actually bad for your phone - it accelerates the degradation of your battery because it's constantly being run from battery and recharged. Wired charging has protective circuitry that diverts power to run the phone while the battery stays completely topped off. The result with wireless charging is that you actually put the battery through significantly more total charge cycles in the same span of time compared to wired charging.

Wireless charging further accelerates battery degradation when done while the phone is in use. In a car, with the phone being used for something like navigation, it's going to be running at a warmer temperature because it's under load. Charging the battery while in this state is bad for the battery and actually causes premature breakdown.

I'm happy to stick to called charging with a quality adapter that can fully operate my phone with no need to also pull from battery at any point.
Cloth seats are less sensitive to heat so they won't burn you in summer or freeze you in winter as badly as leather. The only thing is that they are harder to clean.

As for wireless charging, I am actually glad my Camaro doesn't have it. From 2019 onwards, it's no longer on the 2SS trim. You have to have a ZL1 to have it.

I have a OnePlus 7 Pro and I intend to keep it a while. It doesn't come with wireless charging so the wireless pad would have been a waste of space for me. I use that space for my phone and it works well.

And yeah, if you have a case, wireless charging could cook your battery. Most phones are also sealed so replacing battery is a PITA.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 01:18 PM   #108
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
The SS doesn't come equipped with MRC, so you'd have to add that option cost for that model too.
You need to go back and read my post and the attached quote, I was responding to someone asking for more performance options I said nothing about it being standard equipment.

You’re also not correct about the comment “MRC too“. MRC is not offered on the LT1 as a option.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:47 AM   #109
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
You need to go back and read my post and the attached quote, I was responding to someone asking for more performance options I said nothing about it being standard equipment.

You’re also not correct about the comment “MRC too“. MRC is not offered on the LT1 as a option.
You stated:

"If you start adding performance tire package, the cooling required to call it a track version and MRC your back to a SS."

What I did a poor job of saying was that the car you were describing wouldn't have actually been an SS because MRC isn't standard equipment on the SS. And, if you -were- able to add MRC to the LT1, it would need to be added to the SS as well to actually be similarly equipped.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:49 AM   #110
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Cloth seats are less sensitive to heat so they won't burn you in summer or freeze you in winter as badly as leather. The only thing is that they are harder to clean.

As for wireless charging, I am actually glad my Camaro doesn't have it. From 2019 onwards, it's no longer on the 2SS trim. You have to have a ZL1 to have it.

I have a OnePlus 7 Pro and I intend to keep it a while. It doesn't come with wireless charging so the wireless pad would have been a waste of space for me. I use that space for my phone and it works well.

And yeah, if you have a case, wireless charging could cook your battery. Most phones are also sealed so replacing battery is a PITA.

Sent from toaster or something
I'm actually pretty impressed with the cloth seats in my truck being A) durable (76k miles and pretty much zero signs of wear) and B) being fairly easy to clean. Are they as easy to clean as leather? No. Not for everything, anyhow. But much easier than my own personal experience from the past...

And good point on how having a phone in a case causes it to hold a bit more heat while charging (regardless of whether cabled or wireless) compounding the problem.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:14 AM   #111
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:

I have an S9 and have done nothing but wireless charge it since the day I got it. I've had it over two years now.. No issues at all. Battery is still normally over 60% by the end of the day. I charge it every evening to full before I head to bed for the night. So if it accelerates the degradation I most certainly have not noticed it.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:22 AM   #112
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I have an S9 and have done nothing but wireless charge it since the day I got it. I've had it over two years now.. No issues at all. Battery is still normally over 60% by the end of the day. I charge it every evening to full before I head to bed for the night. So if it accelerates the degradation I most certainly have not noticed it.
Cool if it's not giving you issues - it isn't the norm (both in what has been written about AND in my own personal experience with multiple phones). My Pixel 3 XL holds up reasonably well with a LOT of use, even at almost 18 months old. It has only been wirelessly charged a couple of times (basically just to ensure the feature worked when it was new and under warranty).

My girlfriend's iPhone, at just a slightly older age, will drop battery level aggressively throughout the day without a significant amount of use. She wirelessly charges every night.

My work iPhone, at about 2.5 years old, showed similar signs of battery run-down but it got MUCH heavier use than her iPhone and was plugged in and using location services (navigation, mileage tracking) a lot (I travel for work). Never wirelessly charged (not supported).

In other words, three phones... Two (mine) are put through hard use and either aren't showing signs of battery degradation or it took a long time for it to appear. The third is lighter use but showing signs of battery issues earlier in life and has been wirelessly charged consistently.