Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-23-2015, 11:11 AM   #1
ParkerAS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
I was tempted, and I will bite

First off, let's have a moment of silence as my 6 year old account is gone. I forgot my password since my computer has remembered it for so long, and the reset my password link won't email me a way to reset my old account. So, a new account from scratch it is.

I drove by my dealership the other day and to my surprise they had a 1LT in stock. I went to look at it and the salesman asked if I wanted to test drive it. Obviously I did. Although I've been considering a 2SS, this really convinced me I want to pull the trigger. Although it is a little cozier than my 2010, it just feels right on the inside.

Configuring a 2SS the way I want it comes out to $43,000. I told the salesman to call me when he gets a 2SS in, so I can test drive it and order my own. He showed me a 2015 ZL1 with 10,000 miles for $43,000.... I test drove it and WOW. I am now just as conflicted as I was before I test drove anything. That car is a monster, and I could get it for the same price as a 16 SS, so I'm battling back and forth.

The ZL1 was amazingly fun to drive, but it feels very stale to me on the inside compared to the interior of a 16 SS. Feels very similar to my 10' 2LT/RS.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience. I will update when I decide between the ZL1 and the 16 SS.... It will be a tough decision!
ParkerAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:24 AM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
The issue of not sending you a password reset email might have to do with the server upgrade. Post your concern in this thread or contact a moderator to help you get your old account back. No reason to give up on it.

Not sure I want to get into the ZL1 versus 16SS debate, but there is one that already exists on this site. FYI, there is also a ZL1 owner here (modded to well over 600 rwhp I believe) who was very impressed with the power and response of a stock 2016 SS he drove....so...there is that to consider.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:26 AM   #3

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
...Contact the Chinese...They probably know your password....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:27 AM   #4
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
you will never be able to keep up with technology; it will continue to advance and make the previous tech look antique in comparison. if the interior of the gen6 is much better, and more important, then get it.

but the gen5 zl1 is the rebirth of a classic trim, surely to become a collectors item in the future when our generation ages and we start our own midlife crisisis and have money to spend lol.

I don't know what I would pick in your place, honestly. either choice will leave me with a "coulda, woulda, shoulda" mindset. good luck picking one.
Techn9cian805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:37 AM   #5
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Email the admins. They may be able to update the email address for your screen name in the DB.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:31 PM   #6
Cautionary tale

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss summit white
Hey

Even though the zl1 lays down 580hp because of its weight, not much quicker than ss and ss has more bells and whistles, if that's your thing... the ss will handle better feel more playful, imho
Cautionary tale is offline   Reply With Quote