Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-30-2016, 06:28 PM   #15
kdu

Drives: Acura MDX
$10k over is crazy but then again it's supply and demand. I'm going to check with my dealer tomorrow. At that price point I would much rather buy a used M4 or a fully loaded 2ss which is where I'm leaning anyway.
kdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 06:38 PM   #16
Factorypilot

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
ADM?
No. He said that was coming from BMW. Didn't make a lot of sense to me; why would you advertise a car at ~ 50K only to turn around and demand 10K above that?

Just list it at ~60K and be done with it. The old bait n' switch games work much better I guess. Draw your potential customers in with a lowball and then highball them when they get interested.

I personally hate that tactic, but apparently it works for the early adopters who just gots to haz it.
Factorypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 06:45 PM   #17
Factorypilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdu View Post
$10k over is crazy but then again it's supply and demand. I'm going to check with my dealer tomorrow. At that price point I would much rather buy a used M4 or a fully loaded 2ss which is where I'm leaning anyway.
+1.

I like the M2 and was actually ready to consider it over my 2SS order but 10K over MSRP? No way. Like you, I'd rather buy a used M4 or just stick with what I have with the Camaro.

This BS with sticking an ADM (from the factory or otherwise) on upper tier cars is getting old. I wish that trend would just go away. I'm grateful Chevy didn't do that with the Camaro -- they are already high priced as it is.
Old 01-30-2016, 08:35 PM   #18
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDAGR8 View Post
Like how they listed the ring lap time. What's the news ss time
Not published yet, not even sure there is one officially, but I can tell you not even close to that BMW time, the 2 arent't even close in terms of performance, 2 entirely different types of cars.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:41 PM   #19
PeteSS

Drives: TBD
I was just at the Houston auto show and really liked the M2, it looked like a proper piece of kit. You couldn't sit in it but the M235 interior was really to my liking. My thoughts were an M2 would be hard to come by, especially with a manual gearbox. The Camaro had the buzz though, big crowds around it.
PeteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 10:37 AM   #20
2016SS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
Is this us pricing I was looking at them to but there site didn't list a price in Canada we can put 10000 on that price to start then if they mark up another 10 be more like 66000 which is a new corvette?
2016 Camaro 2SS Summit built 3/28/16 delivered
2018 Camaro ZL1 cancelled by GM 😡
2019 Corvette 2lt Z51
2016SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:58 PM   #21
kdu

OK! As promised I made a trip to my local BMW dealer. Here is the scoop on the M2. Yes, they are in extremely high demand with each dealer only getting a couple of allocations. My dealer is high-volume and they have a whole 12 allocations for the 2016 model year. My sales guy told me that only 750 or so are being produced this year - this sounds low so maybe he meant for the US market.

The dealership is only getting 1 physical car to sell in early spring. It comes configured as is and will go to the first person on the allocation waiting list for right of refusal, then the second, etc. All the rest will be made to order and sold to the folks on the waiting list. Once the M2 begins production he thinks 1-3 will be made available to the dealer per month. There are currently 5 people on the list, with me as number 6 if I turn in my paperwork tomorrow. Might be August or September before I see the car. The deposit is $1,000.

Onto pricing, they are selling these cars at MSRP no more, no less. With every option (executive package, metallic paint, DCT) and destination the car is around $56,500k.

I got the green light from the Mrs and will be getting on the waiting list. Ironically, my wife actually liked the Camaro better than the M335i. Said the Camaro looks and sounds like a proper sports car, while the BMW looked boring. I told her the M2 would be better... hopefully. Either way, there is no downside getting on the list. I can take my time to make the decision. If I end up getting the Camaro SS I can always get the deposit back. If the car has not been manufactured I get it right away, if it gets manufactured I have to wait until it is sold which would happen expeditiously. Additionally, I will probably take delivery of it in SC and do the factory tour as an added bonus.

Other random stuff. I drove the M335i when I was there. It was pretty good, but nothing breathtaking and the A8 was really snappy. The paddle response was almost instantaneous. Take that GM! Also, anyone in the market for an I3, they have some awesome lease specials. That car really looks much better in person BTW!. A few pics below.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:04 PM   #22
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Sorry....

The BMW look dated and the interior looks plain compared to the Camaro......just my .02
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:30 PM   #23
2016SS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
Well bmw needs something from what I have read lately not what they once were. I like them but I do agree this design is similar to 2006 though the Camaro is similar to 2010 which to be honest may be a good thing For both. I've been thinking of getting a 335i for a touring/winter car x drive of course. And using the Camaro for the weekend prowler in the summer.

Whatever you decide I don't think you can go wrong I have owned import and domestic I think they are both great in there own way.

Cars I was shopping before I bought my SS
Audi TT/RS
Bmw M2/335i
Nissan GTR
Nissan 370Z
Corvette
2016 Camaro SS

In the end I obviously ended up going with the SS but I wanted to try a V8 for a change and wanted some back seats even if they are small more then my 350Z had.

Good luck on your choice in the end it's your decision do what makes you happy.
2016 Camaro 2SS Summit built 3/28/16 delivered
2018 Camaro ZL1 cancelled by GM 😡
2019 Corvette 2lt Z51
2016SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 06:21 PM   #24
Factorypilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Sorry....

The BMW look dated and the interior looks plain compared to the Camaro......just my .02
I agree (although I still like it). I doubt that anyone would point to it and say "Oooooo look!" because it looks exactly like every other BMW out there and your average Joe isn't going to be able to tell the difference. The new Camaro is a different story. Funny as it may seem, what has caused me to pass on several other cars is the interior of the 2016 Camaro. I like it that much. The exterior is great too of course, and when you consider the performance for the price... that's just the icing on the cake.

The BMW roused some interest in me at first, but after I took a closer look it was just like "Meh. It's just another Beemer". Nothing unique about it enough to draw me off of the Camaro, imho.

Just my .02.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:23 PM   #25
Factorypilot

Quote:
OK! As promised I made a trip to my local BMW dealer. Here is the scoop on the M2. Yes, they are in extremely high demand with each dealer only getting a couple of allocations. My dealer is high-volume and they have a whole 12 allocations for the 2016 model year. My sales guy told me that only 750 or so are being produced this year - this sounds low so maybe he meant for the US market.

The dealership is only getting 1 physical car to sell in early spring. It comes configured as is and will go to the first person on the allocation waiting list for right of refusal, then the second, etc. All the rest will be made to order and sold to the folks on the waiting list. Once the M2 begins production he thinks 1-3 will be made available to the dealer per month. There are currently 5 people on the list, with me as number 6 if I turn in my paperwork tomorrow. Might be August or September before I see the car. The deposit is $1,000.

Onto pricing, they are selling these cars at MSRP no more, no less. With every option (executive package, metallic paint, DCT) and destination the car is around $56,500k.

I got the green light from the Mrs and will be getting on the waiting list. Ironically, my wife actually liked the Camaro better than the M335i. Said the Camaro looks and sounds like a proper sports car, while the BMW looked boring. I told her the M2 would be better... hopefully. Either way, there is no downside getting on the list. I can take my time to make the decision. If I end up getting the Camaro SS I can always get the deposit back. If the car has not been manufactured I get it right away, if it gets manufactured I have to wait until it is sold which would happen expeditiously. Additionally, I will probably take delivery of it in SC and do the factory tour as an added bonus.

Other random stuff. I drove the M335i when I was there. It was pretty good, but nothing breathtaking and the A8 was really snappy. The paddle response was almost instantaneous. Take that GM! Also, anyone in the market for an I3, they have some awesome lease specials. That car really looks much better in person BTW!. A few pics below.
Thanks for the report. Sounds like the guy I talked to didn't want to admit that HIS DEALERSHIP was the one tacking on the additional 10K. How typical.

Well, be sure to give us a ride report when you get it.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:34 PM   #26
kdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factorypilot View Post
Thanks for the report. Sounds like the guy I talked to didn't want to admit that HIS DEALERSHIP was the one tacking on the additional 10K. How typical.

Well, be sure to give us a ride report when you get it.
I think my game plan is to put the deposit down and then wait and see what the 1LE package looks like. I also agree with the previous comments. The BMW interior is very nice, but also understated and a bit boring. I can honestly say that on the outside M2 looked pretty spectacular in person, but I'm not quite ready to give up on the Camaro, just hedging my bets.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:45 PM   #27
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Its not coming from bmw, its "market adjustment" addition by dealer.

Check with another dealer. Same thing happened on the 1M.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 07:17 PM   #28
Factorypilot

Quote:
I think my game plan is to put the deposit down and then wait and see what the 1LE package looks like. I also agree with the previous comments. The BMW interior is very nice, but also understated and a bit boring. I can honestly say that on the outside M2 looked pretty spectacular in person, but I'm not quite ready to give up on the Camaro, just hedging my bets.
Spectacular is an interesting choice of words. Was it really that different from anything you've seen in a BMW? What about it makes you say that? What about the car looks so special that we don't see in the photos? That comment has me curious.