Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 12-05-2023, 09:12 AM   #43
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I think the electric truck needs to be more marketed towards the weekend warrior rather than the serious truck owner.

My brother in law would be a perfect customer for an electric truck. He has an F-150 now, primary use is driving to and from work and to go visit his side of the family in Iowa. However, he also uses his truck almost every weekend hauling stuff in the bed. Never heavy loads, never tows but always doing stuff where the bed of his truck in use carrying odd shaped stuff that is easier to load in the bed. That's the customer they should be marketing electric trucks too. Not people who need it to tow/haul heavy loads often
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 10:34 AM   #44
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I think the electric truck needs to be more marketed towards the weekend warrior rather than the serious truck owner.

My brother in law would be a perfect customer for an electric truck. He has an F-150 now, primary use is driving to and from work and to go visit his side of the family in Iowa. However, he also uses his truck almost every weekend hauling stuff in the bed. Never heavy loads, never tows but always doing stuff where the bed of his truck in use carrying odd shaped stuff that is easier to load in the bed. That's the customer they should be marketing electric trucks too. Not people who need it to tow/haul heavy loads often
This is why it's baffling that GM released the SilvEVrado to fleet customers in WT form first. Why?

EDIT: well, I guess barely:

GM BEV Sales in Q3'2023 (YOY change):

BrightDrop: 35 (vs. 0 a year ago)
Cadillac (Lyriq): 3,018 (vs. 36 a year ago) and 8.5% share
Chevrolet: 15,872 (up 8%) and 3.5% share
Chevrolet Blazer EV: 19 (new)
Chevrolet Bolt EV/Bolt EUV: 15,835 (up 8%)
Chevrolet Silverado EV: 18 (new)
GMC (Hummer EV Pickup/SUV): 1,167 (up 184%) and 0.8% share
Total: 20,092 (up 33%) and 3% share

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 11:30 AM   #45
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Is it really? I think most folks understand the weight can be moved, but not without complication and inconvenience for long distance for example. Pull through chargers aren't exactly growing on trees. Do they even exist? Do you want to disconnect trailer first? Use the right tool for the job as it stands today.
It’s ironic that we’re having the discussion on pull through chargers for commercial vehicles on the day that GM / Pilot are opening their first commercial vehicle chargers. They have a fairly extensive network planned.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 01:29 PM   #46
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
I think it's the coolest thing on the road. But I grew up playing Halo, and watching movies like Aliens. So my taste in sci-fi is probably not ordinary, relative to the rest of you Camaro drivers.

To me, these are cool for the same reasons:

Old 12-06-2023, 06:43 PM   #47
1fastz28

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
I think some of the technology on the Cybertruck is cool, but its such a heinous looking vehicle.
1fastz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 07:33 AM   #48
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
It’s ironic that we’re having the discussion on pull through chargers for commercial vehicles on the day that GM / Pilot are opening their first commercial vehicle chargers. They have a fairly extensive network planned.
Oh, interesting. At least it's being addressed. I did read somewhere recently that something like 8 billion was earmarked two years ago by the current admin for charger infrastructure. No chargers two years later have been built yet on that program. Something has to change.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 10:19 AM   #49
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Oh, interesting. At least it's being addressed. I did read somewhere recently that something like 8 billion was earmarked two years ago by the current admin for charger infrastructure. No chargers two years later have been built yet on that program. Something has to change.
We were just talking about that in office yesterday. The issue is 50 layers of bureaucracy. Literally. The $7.5B in infrastructure funding has been pushed by the federal government to each state government. The state governments are responsible for coming back with their plans for spending their allotments. Most states are still wrapped up in their own individual procedures for how to manage contractors.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 01-12-2024, 04:58 PM   #50
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Since I posted the original video of Cybertruck towing 911 beating 911 in a drag race I feel the need to post the video from Jason at Engineering Explained detailing how Elon pulled a fast one (pun intended).

TLDW - The video details
  1. That the race was 1/8 mile, not 1/4 mile
  2. The time posted on the screen immediately after the race was not the timing of the race, it was the 1/4" time of the Cybertruck not towing anything
  3. The most likely 911 used was the 911 Carrera T, the lightest (easiest to tow) yet slowest 911 in the portfolio. Slowest because it's a manual, not a PDK

Jason then goes on to show that even under the best circumstance a Cybertruck towing a 911 can't beat a 911 in the quarter mile. It can beat some versions of 911 in the quarter if it's not towing anything.

https://youtu.be/HRYS5VWXZts?si=TAsEt3nD0cgcLc-I

Elon stretching the truth...whodathunkit?

Old 01-13-2024, 10:20 AM   #51
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post

Elon stretching the truth...whodathunkit?
Elon having trouble with the truth!?!?!?
Attached Images

ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 07:29 AM   #52
John_C
LSx FTW!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
I love my ICE cars, but these EV's are getting too good to pass up!

Tesla knows how to make cars and trucks (EV's) exciting.

That's why I bought a new 2023 Model 3 Performance with FSD. The car isn't a year old yet and I have 23k miles on it. I've had zero issues with it.

That said, it saves me a lot of money because my Truck was eating about $700 a month in gas plus an oil change every 2 months.

In comparison, my Tesla electric bill is usually only $100-$120 a month and no oil changes. I do 99% of my charging from home at $0.12 a kWh.

I keep it in sport model and I drive the piss out of it. I could get more savings, but that instant tq and smooth power is just too irresistible!

My next will either be a Model S Plaid or X Plaid. I need the X because I have 2 kids and I love the interior. I want the S simply because it's faster.

I'll never sell my 5th Gen, though.
Kooks Jet Hot Headers
Kooks Full 3in exhaust
Trick Flow GenX 255's
Polished PAC .660's & Ti-retainers
TSP VVT 3.2 cam kit w/DoD Delete
Smith Bro's Trunnion kit
AEM X-Series OBDII Widebands
FIC ID1300x Injectors
GM ZL1 High Output Fuel Pump
DSX Tuning Flex Sensor
DSX Auxiliary Fuel System
Tim King Stage 4 Max Effort CTSV 6L90
DSS 1 piece aluminum driveshaft
JRE 6L80E / 6L90E Dipstick
NGK Iridium IX spark plugs #7 heat range
Mighty Mouse Camaro 5 Wild w/-12an and Billet Black
HP Tuners VCM Suite
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 10:32 AM   #53
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

So, the final(?) chapter on the Cybertruck vs Porsche issue…
James and Thomas drag the Cybertruck CyberBeast vs Porsche Turbo S.

https://youtu.be/fUjQwlh1mW8?si=OPaK7LlaYTUQo3Hs
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2024, 12:53 PM   #54
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
But the truck against a top 911 isn't a fair race in the same type car. I'll post a realistic apples to apples race. I'd point out prices, $90k for plaid Tesla, $200k-$250k 911, $350k Ferrari. Guess which one wins most races. I'll say he took off earlier on the line don't know if he "redlighted" or just faster reaction or Ferrari tire spin but point is that the EV is so consistent in launches I found out in my much slower but fast enough for me Y with acceleration Boost.
https://youtu.be/EmuByrN_5qI?t=283 drag race link
The truck I think Elon Jumped the shark. Like some kid at a Lego design studio with unlimited budget with no restrictions.
I had a Delorean in the 80s, stainless, and there are more drawbacks than their worth. If you get a dent or scratch usually the panel must be replaced or the whole car painted because repair without cosmetic problems isn't possible. How the panels are attached if bonded can make it a bigger problem.
I found out about the rust spots. I made the mistake of using steel wool to scrub them out. It transfers microscopic steel to the stainless which makes it rust worse.

Car wax doesn't look good on them. I found out oil works best. I'd use the best fridge oil cleaner if I had one. Sprayway aerosol stainless. This may seem like some bs thing to be worried about but if your head turning vehicle always looks like crap it's a big issue. I found a guy trying different things on a truck if you want to waste some time, if you skip around you'll see what a pain putting products on affecting appearance.

After watching another hour skippping around on his experiments to maintain tried every wax and coating and Paint Protection Film I see his recent final video:
https://youtu.be/tYMHQKucAa8?t=69
Something some random old dude that had a Delorean 40 years ago could have told you, the novelty is cute but complete pain in the azz to maintain! Many actual owners now turning to colored vinyl wrap giving up on their cool shiny stainless truck. And they haven't even had a dent and tried to find a shop to work on it

Last edited by silversleeper; 02-19-2024 at 05:30 PM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 04:09 AM   #55
Copart

Drives: 6
It's an interesting car. Though I'm not a fan of its design I respect the innovation and vision behind it. Maybe it will grow on me over time.
Copart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:13 AM   #56
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Another Throttle House Cybertruck vs video. Gotta say I’m not happy how this one ended. I’m still Team Corvette though.

https://youtu.be/B8CVL8vGXA4?si=HGxudQpr0pcUqQRD