Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-19-2016, 08:56 AM   #29
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Why would Al be talking about the C8? That doesn't make sense.

We at team Camaro are working hard to help develop a Corvette that doesn't exist, to kill a car that won't be in production by the time the Corvette hits the street.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:08 AM   #30
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Why would Al be talking about the C8? That doesn't make sense.

We at team Camaro are working hard to help develop a Corvette that doesn't exist, to kill a car that won't be in production by the time the Corvette hits the street.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:26 AM   #31
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
No, the GT race car got towed off the track during one of it's first races.. I just can't remember what race it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
Yes - at Sebring. Debut race for a new car, not really surprising.

And you may have missed it but the FGT just won Laguna Seca a couple of weeks ago.
I believe it got towed off at Daytona as well.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:31 AM   #32
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
I believe it got towed off at Daytona as well.
Possible. But it's hardly any indicator of the car or its potential. This is its first year and overall it is doing well.

I also remember many, many scenes of C7Rs being loaded up or pulled into the pits for issues at a lot of races so this is nothing that is only a FGT issue.

Mechanical things can and will break.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:54 AM   #33
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Possible. But it's hardly any indicator of the car or its potential. This is its first year and overall it is doing well.

I also remember many, many scenes of C7Rs being loaded up or pulled into the pits for issues at a lot of races so this is nothing that is only a FGT issue.

Sure, but it's just more funny when it's a Ford product.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:04 PM   #34
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:

Fifty years ago Ford got into a feud with Ferrari and built the first Ford GT's to crush Ferrari at LeMans. They did exactly that, winning first, second and third places in the their first debut and winning the next two years as well. The Ford GT is back at LeMans again this year, 50 years after it's first sweep. They are fielding four GT's in the same class as the Corvette C7.R which will have two cars racing. I am hoping that one of the GT's stays together long enough and completes the race in third place, right behind the two winning C7.R Corvettes for an all American finish in their class.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:06 AM   #35
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Fifty years ago Ford got into a feud with Ferrari and built the first Ford GT's to crush Ferrari at LeMans. They did exactly that, winning first, second and third places in the their first debut and winning the next two years as well. The Ford GT is back at LeMans again this year, 50 years after it's first sweep. They are fielding four GT's in the same class as the Corvette C7.R which will have two cars racing. I am hoping that one of the GT's stays together long enough and completes the race in third place, right behind the two winning C7.R Corvettes for an all American finish in their class.
Not me (and I drive a Vette right now). Ford is bringing in the big guns at Lemans. 12 drivers, 4 cars total.

And I would love to see them win it with the Vettes right behind them. It's going to be hard to do though.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:15 AM   #36
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Team Corvette will also have a 4 car contingency with 2 European customer cars being added with support to augment the 2 factory C7R's.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:32 AM   #37
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
If the GT loses to team Corvette that's going to be a pretty hard pill to swallow for Ford. This is a bonafide supercar after all. Ford is swinging for the the fences here. I's like to see the GT win. It's one of my favorite cars of all time.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:19 PM   #38
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
If the GT loses to team Corvette that's going to be a pretty hard pill to swallow for Ford. This is a bonafide supercar after all. Ford is swinging for the the fences here. I's like to see the GT win. It's one of my favorite cars of all time.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:27 PM   #39
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
I always pulled for Team Corvette. Go Jake!!
Old 06-07-2016, 02:12 PM   #40
JAZ

Drives: 86 Mustang GT Convertible
Quote:
The race that the GT40s won was in 1966 as you said, fifty years ago. However, that was not the first GT40 attempt at Le Mans. The debut year was 64 when they did not finish, although setting a lap record. They failed to podium again in 65.

It has been said that the biggest pressure on the new GT is not about 1966. It is about 64 and 65.
JAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:32 PM   #41
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZ View Post
The race that the GT40s won was in 1966 as you said, fifty years ago. However, that was not the first GT40 attempt at Le Mans. The debut year was 64 when they did not finish, although setting a lap record. They failed to podium again in 65.

It has been said that the biggest pressure on the new GT is not about 1966. It is about 64 and 65.
Yes the debut started out good, but...

I've always loved the GT40! The new GT looks great as well. Yet I'm still a C7R Corvette fan.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:58 AM   #42
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZ View Post

I was going to post the same thing. The top gear crew always likes to remind everyone that the GT40 was a British design, but it didn't start winning until they handed the reigns over to Carroll Shelby and he thoroughly reworked everything.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote