Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-23-2017, 11:07 PM   #1
xenogears

Drives: '15 M3
Mod to always start in Track mode?

Just got my car and really prefer the throttle response on track mode. Of course, the car loves going back to Tour on every start if I leave it in Track. Is there a way to make Track "saved" as the driving mode the same way Sport behaves?

Thanks!
xenogears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:01 AM   #2
BluinSC

Drives: BVM 1SS
It does that as a safety feature from my understanding. Don't think there's a way to mod it.

Edit: If you have NPP and/or Mag ride you can set the settings yourself in the driver menus. Those will be kept everytime you start the car.The throttle response still won't change unless you change the big switch.
BluinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:19 AM   #3
xenogears

That sucks :( I've definitely had to do these annoying extra steps on every start up in other cars, was just hoping for a little more specially with how much these Chevy cars already memorize.
imho throttle response feels a world better under track, other modes gas pedal feels a little weird, not linear.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:21 AM   #4
BluinSC

Like I said, if you go into the menus ( I think its Settings --> Driving Modules) and select steering to track, Eng Sound (if you have NPP) to track, and Suspension (if you have MAG Ride) to track, the only thing you you will need to change is the big switch to track at start up.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:15 AM   #5
xenogears

Thanks. Yeah I already set up steering, suspension and exhaust. But of course theres no option to"memorize" throttle response and I'll have to use my finger and toggle the mode every time, which kind of defeats having those other options set to track in the first place if I'm goimg to manually modify the driving mode every start. Life is pretty hard sometimes :p
Old 06-25-2017, 06:57 AM   #6
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluinSC View Post
Like I said, if you go into the menus ( I think its Settings --> Driving Modules) and select steering to track, Eng Sound (if you have NPP) to track, and Suspension (if you have MAG Ride) to track, the only thing you you will need to change is the big switch to track at start up.
Hey doesnt The "big switch" only affect The sound of the exhaust anyway? It doesnt have anything to do with the throttle response right.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:15 AM   #7
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I'm betting it's 90% because of emissions :/ throttle response is dosed out in other modes for TC purposes and to better control emissions. If GM allowed track mode to be a default then the car would have to be tested in that mode as well, lowering it's emissions and MPG ratings. Same thing with auto rev-matching.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:41 AM   #8
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankaholic View Post
I'm betting it's 90% because of emissions :/ throttle response is dosed out in other modes for TC purposes and to better control emissions. If GM allowed track mode to be a default then the car would have to be tested in that mode as well, lowering it's emissions and MPG ratings. Same thing with auto rev-matching.
FE would likely be the answer. I'm not sure what is changed, but if you are changing anything that impacts shift patterns or throttle, that "could" impact FE.

GM (based on VW and Fiat's recent problems) would not and could not make a car that is not emissions compliant with the flip of a switch.

But you are correct on the FE portion. As I recall, you couldn't test a car in a special FE mode either. If it's customer selectable you can't test in that mode.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:01 AM   #9
Klayman

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 Black
If I leave mine in sport mode, I believe it will start in sport mode.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:18 PM   #10
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenogears View Post
Thanks. Yeah I already set up steering, suspension and exhaust. But of course theres no option to"memorize" throttle response and I'll have to use my finger and toggle the mode every time, which kind of defeats having those other options set to track in the first place if I'm goimg to manually modify the driving mode every start. Life is pretty hard sometimes :p
Look at it this way . . . the couple of seconds it takes you to toggle the mode is a couple more seconds for oil to start flowing in the engine and tranny fluid to be either splashed around (MT) or circulated (AT). And that one more step can help reset your mind from whatever it was involved with last to dealing with the mechanical details of driving your car.

Norm
Old 06-25-2017, 12:30 PM   #11
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayman View Post
If I leave mine in sport mode, I believe it will start in sport mode.
100% correct. Not track mode but at least a little closer. Sport mode always stays in sport mode.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:38 PM   #12
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
There's a company that makes an emulator to keep traction control off upon startup for Nissans and Honda's. The company is KP Technologies.

I'm sure they or a similar company can design a simple emulator to keep the Camaro in track mode upon startup.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:54 PM   #13
BluinSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Hey doesnt The "big switch" only affect The sound of the exhaust anyway? It doesnt have anything to do with the throttle response right.
No. It affects throttle response and in the A8, shift patterns too.

Edit: If you have everything tied to auto-select in the driving menus it will affect:

Suspension
Steering
Exhaust
Throttle Response
Sifting (A8 only I think)

If you've already gone into the menus and set things how you like it ( Myelf I have Susp-Tour, Steering- Sport and Exhaust-Track) then it will only affect shifting and throttle response.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:25 PM   #14
MotownBoy

Drives: 2017 2SS Stick Hyper Blue
Nice response, Norm. I agree after thinking about it.

MotownBoy is offline   Reply With Quote