#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-10-2018, 05:15 PM   #43
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwtech View Post
Yup. That's cool. Did you do the front spring replacement? It seems to sit at just about 27.5" in the front.

It actually does show on the Carfax all of the oil changes. If figured that, plus the condition, plus the average of 18MPG over the 10k miles showed you didn't beat the shit out of it. The front tires were replaced after you traded it though. The rears will be due in a month or two.

The car didn't have the owners manual or the front plate holder included, or the window sticker (wish I did though). I did find an allen wrench in the driver side seat track, so if you're missing one, I have it.
That is messed up as I gave them the spare key and the original Maroney. I do have the owners manual in my desk then with the plate adapter. The front springs were replaced with the updated 2018 springs. The GM there took the car home for a few days & I am sure that is where the tires went. When I went to go look for the car it was nowhere to be found which is good because you have the Dash Insert 🤙

We will make arrangements to get the manual in the front plate adapter to you
Old 01-10-2018, 05:25 PM   #44
dmwtech

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Oh that's cool man - thank you very much. I got the 2nd key which was like new, but no window sticker, owners manual or plate holder. It had two license plates in the trunk (without a year sticker), no clue what those were for. I'm not going to use the plate holder, but it will be nice to have it. This is pretty awesome!

I picked it up the evening of the 29th.

I did have to pull the infotainment screen out and put some trim felt on the J-hooks that lock it in at the top. It was rattling a bit, but the felt fixed that issue.
dmwtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:09 PM   #45
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Tony Mamo lied to me about the throttle body I ordered! He said it would ship today when I placed my order. Well they actually shipped it two days ago and I received it today! Talk about exceeding a customer's expectations! I can't say enough good things about Tony! The TB looks great and it was packaged very nicely.

I'm going to go install it after I post this, but it will be a couple more days until the roads are dry enough around here to test it out.

No joke. I got mine within 24 hours of being shipped.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:05 PM   #46
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
I wonder if having Run Flat tires on the front is affecting your braking feel? I wouldnt expect a dealer to install expensive run flats on a car that didnt come with them......
Hopefully things will feel better for you when you change to 4 matching tires.
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:35 PM   #47
dmwtech

My guess is they had some in inventory for a Z51 Corvette. I'm going to swap them out to Pilot Sport 4S's in a few weeks.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:06 PM   #48
pkincy

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 ATS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
Fremont is owned by the company I work for.

Only one Corvette tech worked on my car.
Fremont Chevrolet? If so, I heard Wayne Kleier was working there now. The best Corvette Tech I have ever known. Met him back in the C4ZR1 days at Crown Chevrolet. He is the only guy I would let work on any of my cars.
pkincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:52 AM   #49
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by soceur77 View Post
congrats, I'm almost pressed to say the previous owner changed the pads to something other than popular because the brakes on this car are imo pretty great!! Also the clicking noise could be an issue with debris in the wheel. I know it sounds crazy but took my car in fr the same thing and they said it was some debris. Cleaned out a certain way per GM and the clicking noise is gone. I didn't ask too many questions was glad the noise was gone.
Re: the clocking noise. I own a 2014 CTS-V coupe, and this was an issue with that car as well. GM went through multiple service bulletins to try and fix the issue

1st bulletin : change the lug nuts on the wheels

2nd bulletin: upgrade the rotors from the 1 piece to the new 2 piece rotors

3rd bulletin: take the wheels off, clean them, and reinstall

The final verdict: has to do with how the wheel mounts to the hub. No further information.

most of us were able to stop it with one of two things:

1. take off wheel and clean it, apply Lucas oil white lithium grease to the hub, and reapply wheel

2. change wheels all together.

Hope this helps
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:23 PM   #50
dw760

Drives: C3
Quote:
Thanks guys. I work in the automotive industry and have been looking at the TSBs and PI bulletins for the ZL1. I'll pull the wheels off one of these days to check it out. I'll also check the brake pads at the same time. I may ceramic coat the wheels, hat and calipers as well.

I agree, I think the ZL1 is the better looking car.

Consider the Power Stop Z26 evolution pads, I put a set on my 17 SS1LE and they stopped as well as the stock Brembo's with hardly any dust.

Reasonable cost and fit great also.

Cheers
dw760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:27 PM   #51
dmwtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw760 View Post
Consider the Power Stop Z26 evolution pads, I put a set on my 17 SS1LE and they stopped as well as the stock Brembo's with hardly any dust.

Reasonable cost and fit great also.

Cheers
Already have a set sitting here from Summit Racing.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:55 AM   #52
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
To reduce squeaking, make sure to transfer the metal plate and some of the copper grease from the OEM rear pads to the new rear pads.
Gunkk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:44 AM   #53
dw760

Drives: C3
Quote:
Already have a set sitting here from Summit Racing.

Nice, I forgot to mention I also ran the same pads all the way around on my 2015 C7 Z51 I sold.

Great for a street / track pad, and rotors seem to wear fine as well on both cars.

dw760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:23 PM   #54
dmwtech

I've had the Camaro for a few months now and decided after getting the Michelin Pilot Sport 4's installed, that I had to fix the annoying wheel clicking. Going straight, turning, braking - it made different volume levels of clicking. Ensured the wheels were properly torqued to 140 ft.lbs, made no difference.

Today was the day to tackle it. I removed the wheels, cleaned the hub, wheel mounting faces, wheel taper and wheel bore with a sanding cloth. I then degreased everything and smeared on a very light coat of Permatex Copper Anti-Sieze onto the wheel mounted faces, taper and bore. I also put a small dab on the lug nuts where they contact the wheel as well. Reinstalled the wheels, torqued to 100 ft.lb and then 140 ft.lb.

No more noises - FINALLY!

It made the car sound like a POS driving around. I had three or four people ask me what the hell was clicking on the car as I'd drive by.
Old 03-25-2018, 04:27 PM   #55
CT ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
Yep, this is true. I ended up installing an exhaust controller so I could go from truly open (i.e. fuse pulled) to Stealth mode with a press of my garage door opener. There would be no need if GM had programmed Track mode this way, but they didn’t for whatever reason.
What exhaust controller are u using?

Past Rides
13 Porsche 911 4S
17 BMW M4
16 Shelby GT 350
07 Saleen Mustang
02 M3 Comp Pack
79 Corvette
CT ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote