Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-17-2020, 08:34 AM   #43
MarkSS1958

Drives: "19" 2SS 4xBlack "16" Ram 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob RS View Post
I live in Pittsburgh, and I see so many Chargers and Challengers there like a dime a dozen here. Camaro on the other hand if I'm lucky I might see one or two a day and from driving one the car does turn heads. I guess it's nice to drive a car you don't see to many of.
RBR= rather be rare / my point exactly
Old 08-17-2020, 08:36 AM   #44
MarkSS1958

Drives: "19" 2SS 4xBlack "16" Ram 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
LOL. Like that has any significance. There's less demand for Camaros, hence less production/supply.
= not much need for advertising when the stock level is so low . However if they wanted to blow up production post China virus by all means go all out for 2021 with some catchy adds . BTW a Camaro won the road course at Daytona yesterday!
Old 08-17-2020, 08:46 AM   #45
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSS1958 View Post
RBR= rather be rare / my point exactly
It nauseating, really.

There are a total of 4 Camaros in my area. & 2 are Gen 5’s. Chargers/ Challengers? Not enough sticks to shake at ‘em.

Hell, even my FiL bought a V6 Charger.

He admits he likes the looks of my Camaro better, but between the more interior space & the discounts & finances he went that route.

The only thing hurting the Camaro, is Chevrolet.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 02:49 PM   #46
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrhodes View Post
I hate such ads. I hate when they are popping.
It wasn't an annoying popup. It was just on the side with a pic. giving me the option to click on if I so choose.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 02:58 PM   #47
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
35% of C7s were sold with a manual in an era when the manual take rate on cars in North America in general is about 5%. It was NOT an old method. Stop believing that crap. GM f'd up big time here

Why do people continue to completely miss the point on manuals? You own one right? Seriously, WTF????
I would never ever by an Automatic in a Vette. Shucks...not even in a Camaro.
Old 08-17-2020, 03:11 PM   #48
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob RS View Post
I live in Pittsburgh, and I see so many Chargers and Challengers there like a dime a dozen here. Camaro on the other hand if I'm lucky I might see one or two a day and from driving one the car does turn heads. I guess it's nice to drive a car you don't see to many of.
The more people buy Camaros, the more aftermarket will support and develop speed equipment and accessories.
Old 08-17-2020, 03:18 PM   #49
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
What's wrong with the pushrod engine again, apart from not being as "popular" and "hip" as DOHC? And even that is moot, because electric motors are way more "modern" and efficident anyway. The LT2 engine is physically quite small despite its 6162 ccm displacement, and of course GM also have to think of overall cost when they are to sell a 500 hp mid-engine sports car under $60K.

Also, IMO said die-hards weren't shocked by the engine placement choice that has been discussed and prototyped for half a century. Change in itself is not a merit and does not carry intrinsic value, especially when they're simply l'art pour l'art... there are lots of great changes, such as the mid-engine layout for the C8 due to the several advantages and of course the necessity to push the envelope even further, but not every change qualifies automatically for that label.

It's only pointless if your sole goal with the argument is to "win" it, that is, somehow coerce the other person to concede one hundred percent and start saying the exact same things that you do. This is not what arguments are for, they are supposed to broaden the horizon for everyone involved.
Nothing wrong with the Pushrod. Less parts, compact, low end torque, durable. Next they will be saying a wheel and a wall is outdated too. Ooops...they are already saying walls are outdated. Ever notice when people do restomods the go to engine is a modern small block Chevy Pushrod? Its tried and true.
Old 08-17-2020, 03:43 PM   #50
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
That's a little convoluted.

In real applications the first OHC motor was made by Peugeot for the 1912 Grand Prix.

GM developed the first real OHV engine in the 1940s. Prior to that all productions cars used flat heads.

So yeah roughly 30 years.
It doesn't really matter. To me, it boils down to this:

In NA applications, it's true that DOHC engines can rev higher, but in return, you usually sacrifice low-end torque with it. For some, it's more fun than a pushrod, but from the efficiency perspective, they are usually worse than torquier engines since they are geared to rev higher, therefore they are less efficient in terms of gas mileage. And no, power per displacement doesn't matter if a DOHC engine weighs and measures the same as an OHV in terms of actual engine dimensions.

When it comes to turbocharged DOHC engines, not a lot of them are high revvers, either, unless you go very exotic(like a Ferrari or Lambo). Most of them redline at around 7000 RPM at best and that's not impossible with a pushrod engine(as LS7 shows).

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 08:40 AM   #51
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
I watched an ad last night for the new 911 Turbo and thought if Porsche feels the need to let people know about their 911 maybe GM can let people know about the Camaro.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:36 AM   #52
delthawk5

Drives: 2019 2SS Crush
I think the difference is here is FCA would go bankrupt if they stopped selling Challengers and Chargers. Lol. They're mass produced heaps of crap based on a 2005 Daimler platform.
delthawk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:59 AM   #53
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
As long as the Agnelli's are part of the Economist crowd, I'll see their support of traditional American/pushrod vehicles very cynically.

I wish GM would fight back against them, instead of chasing their version of the future.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote