Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-29-2019, 01:32 AM   #57
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I'm probably one of the biggest Camaro fanboys around and even I would never call a Porsche a "POS" in comparison to a Camaro or a Corvette for that matter. I do not like the way they look one bit but that is subjective and I can't judge them for that. But they are really great cars. They are not cars for my tastes and I would not buy one. But I do respect them for what they are and for what they bring to the automotive performance world.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:55 AM   #58
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I'm probably one of the biggest Camaro fanboys around and even I would never call a Porsche a "POS" in comparison to a Camaro or a Corvette for that matter. I do not like the way they look one bit but that is subjective and I can't judge them for that. But they are really great cars. They are not cars for my tastes and I would not buy one. But I do respect them for what they are and for what they bring to the automotive performance world.
That's what is funny about fanboi's..

I had a Mustang, over on Mustang6g they are like, omg, Camaro's are so shitty, the interior is plastic, blah blah blah.

Then I come over here, and everyone is like, omg, Mustang's are so shitty, the interior is plastic, blah blah. Same shit, different forum.

Then the other day I was on the Tesla owners forum, and they were like, omg the Porsche is so crappy, Tesla model 3 is the greatest car ever made..

maybe it's just forum fanboi's.. people don't seem this ridiculous in the real world.
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 12:07 PM   #59
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
That's what is funny about fanboi's..

I had a Mustang, over on Mustang6g they are like, omg, Camaro's are so shitty, the interior is plastic, blah blah blah.

Then I come over here, and everyone is like, omg, Mustang's are so shitty, the interior is plastic, blah blah. Same shit, different forum.

Then the other day I was on the Tesla owners forum, and they were like, omg the Porsche is so crappy, Tesla model 3 is the greatest car ever made..

maybe it's just forum fanboi's.. people don't seem this ridiculous in the real world.
It is easy to forget the internet does not represent the world very well in reality.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:56 PM   #60
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolbreezeNJ View Post
It goes like this. 70% of German cars are leased so "sales figures" are a bit distorted. Often these excess vehicles are exported back out of this country to other countries.

Now take any of these German cars, and try to take it to 60K miles on our American roads and tell me what it is about. Your not going to be happy hence the high lease rate.

Full kudo's to Porsche for creating a great handling car and brand but to say they have any value at all is just ignoring the facts. I have known these cars all the way back to 924 which was a horrible car, then the 928 slightly better to my sisters first Turbo Carrera. All garbage when you consider the average usage of the American buyer.

Options are over priced and check the engine bay for the amount of plastic used. Close the doors and hear a nice clunk due to those big rubber gaskets. Now roll the windows down and close the door again. Anything different??

I'm old and now less is more to me but it is only because I have owned many German cars and wrenched them myself which was possible. The parts online were ok but you can't wrench these cars anymore. Anybody can do "bolt-ons" but now actually try and repair these wonderful German cars.

I would bet that the Germans have more garbage motors then any other country maybe excluding like France or Italy. Go ahead and buy an old BMW V8. What about the Diesel Gate from VW and Audi. List goes on and on. AMG cars have had vapor lock in wet weather. Face it these days everything is made to a price point even high end cars. They disguise this fact with fancy leather and a few extra electronic goodies . Porsche isn't excluded from this but they just cost more.
Stating your Argument with cars that were built 30-40 years doesn't relate to today. Plus you picked one horrible car and one so-so car. That's like saying GM is the worst Automobile company ever just because they made the Vega & Aztek!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 01:56 PM   #61
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Stating your Argument with cars that were built 30-40 years doesn't relate to today. Plus you picked one horrible car and one so-so car. That's like saying GM is the worst Automobile company ever just because they made the Vega & Aztek!
Hey now - I'm restoring an Aztek right now

c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:00 PM   #62
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
Last Year, 2018 vehicle dependability study

Porsche is doing just fine

https://www.jdpower.com/business/pre...dability-study
Eh these are based on customer complaints vs actual problems. Mostly worthless. Kinda like how they said the Subaru BRZ was the least dependable Subaru but the Toyota 86 (same exact car) was somehow the MOST dependable Toyota yet Subaru was far down the list compared to Toyota. If you look at the math to make that possible.. it's not.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:01 PM   #63
Dave-ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
928 isn’t really an indicator of what Porsche is as a mfg today.
That was 30 years ago !!
Well 40+ initially but I'd still LOVE to have a 928 GTS sitting in the garage!
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:04 PM   #64
Dave-ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Hey now.. I'd take a Vega Cosworth for fun. There's one for sale around our part of Florida too.. I just don't want to pay what they want ha

Too many cars.. never.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:23 PM   #65
c4racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Hey now.. I'd take a Vega Cosworth for fun. There's one for sale around our part of Florida too.. I just don't want to pay what they want ha
I wouldn't mind picking up a pro-street Vega built in the 80's. That would be pretty cool for the right price!
Old 10-29-2019, 03:20 PM   #66
internationlriders

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
An apparent difference to be seen, primarily with any higher end car from the 90's to present when compared to north american made cars, is the quality of the components used especially in regards to the interiors. BMWs, Audis, Mercedes, Porsche, etc, the interiors in the high end models of these cars withstand the test of time, the leathers are thick and luxurious not synthetic and cheap, they use real wood, metal, and carbon fiber, not plastics with stickers. In comparison, the US and Japanese cars in 10 years are often crumbling in the interiors.

I like both of these brands, but I hope that in 10 years my Camaro will be at least as good in the interior as the 20 year old Porsche I will then buy to sit next to it.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."
internationlriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:12 PM   #67
Dave-ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by internationlriders View Post
An apparent difference to be seen, primarily with any higher end car from the 90's to present when compared to north american made cars, is the quality of the components used especially in regards to the interiors. BMWs, Audis, Mercedes, Porsche, etc, the interiors in the high end models of these cars withstand the test of time, the leathers are thick and luxurious not synthetic and cheap, they use real wood, metal, and carbon fiber, not plastics with stickers. In comparison, the US and Japanese cars in 10 years are often crumbling in the interiors.

I like both of these brands, but I hope that in 10 years my Camaro will be at least as good in the interior as the 20 year old Porsche I will then buy to sit next to it.
90s Honda interior were actually very good. Many are still in good shape to this day. I have a few right now without a single crack in the dash or anything like that and they've lived outside their whole life... in Florida. Seat leather.. not so good. But not any worse than my 95 BMW M3 was.

My 90s Toyota dashes haven't cracked either, but have curled up from the heat.

Now I'd agree on 90s American interiors..

Too many cars.. never.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:15 PM   #68
c4racer

Quote:
90s Honda interior were actually very good. Many are still in good shape to this day. I have a few right now without a single crack in the dash or anything like that and they've lived outside their whole life... in Florida. Seat leather.. not so good. But not any worse than my 95 BMW M3 was.

My 90s Toyota dashes haven't cracked either, but have curled up from the heat.

Now I'd agree on 90s American interiors..
It all goes in cycles. 80's BMW interiors were excellent - very high quality leathers used, few plastics, etc. Then in the 90's 3 series it went pretty down hill as BMW made a lot more of the E36 generation cars and wanted to hit a certain price point. in the late 90's and early 2000's - especially E38 and E39 - the interiors were really stellar. Then down hill since then - again, I think to hit certain price points to compete with the Japanese off lux brands.

Porsche has had a step well above on interiors - if you are talking 911 from the 2000's on up and the later SUV's and sedans. You can't really compare to the other German brands - maybe Aston Martin and the exotics is a better comparison point.

GM has far inferior seat materials in particular - part of why I didn't even bother to get leather in my latest Colorado and Camaro. The cloth isn't bad - but I am a bit spoiled by the Audi S, BMW M and Porsche brands leather now to live with the GM stuff.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:21 AM   #69
c4racer

Quote:
here is your chance. time capsule. In full period ugly color glory!
Closes today - get your checkbook out!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...vrolet-vega-6/
Old 11-06-2019, 09:17 AM   #70
Dave-ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
here is your chance. time capsule. In full period ugly color glory!
Closes today - get your checkbook out!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...vrolet-vega-6/
lol there's a local one on CL for 7k. It's been sitting there for months.

Obviously higher miles but I'm not the buyer for a low mileage car.. I drive mine.

Too many cars.. never.