Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-22-2016, 12:03 AM   #29
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cldgin2 View Post
Here in Vegas one of our club members kept throwing codes. He said it was this throttle controller and kind of stopped me from ordering one. The dealer told him after they reset his codes twice now, one more time and they wont fix it. He told me they knew (even though he removed the vitesse) that he was using one, as the computer reports when something is plugged in?????

Still on the fence. I want one, but I don't want codes, and I don't want threats of things not getting fixed under warranty.

Suggestions?
Only time I have seen people throw codes is when they don't set it up right. I can only speak for myself here, but I haven't had any issues yet.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:22 PM   #30
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
Only time I have seen people throw codes is when they don't set it up right. I can only speak for myself here, but I haven't had any issues yet.
Thanks for the vote of confidence.... this car is amazing enough I don't have much of a desire to have a tune, or headers or anything. Just want that better response.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:05 PM   #31
RDBURNR

Drives: 2016 Camarro 2SS
I had one on my 14 SS, and yes it was the best bang for the buck, installed and calibrated correctly, just kept throwing accelerator pedal sensor codes. After a while, I came to believe it was the connector, as after it would happen, I would seat the connector to the pedal, and it would not happen for another few months, then....BAM!!! No tune on my 16 so I do not have a handheld to clear the code and reduced engine power. Would love to get another, just need convinced that the code problem is fixed.
RDBURNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:05 PM   #32
wal-dog

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 1SS
Just put mine on. Took the gas peddle off so I could see what I was doing. Took a couple laps around the neighborhood and... I like it!!
wal-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:17 PM   #33
CamaroBruno

Drives: 16 Mosaic Black: 1LT; RS; NPP; Bose
Here is my install advice and initial impressions after installing this in my A8 V6.

Install:

Figuring out how to remove the factory's connector (to the pedal) and the gymnastics required to manage the wiring were the only difficult parts of the installation.

The trick to remove the connectors is to pop the red tab all the way up and then squeeze the area where the red connector WAS. Popped right off after that. I think Sledge mentions this in the video but it's quick and easy to miss it.

Please note the attached photos to see where I mounted the boxes and for the cable management. I used some Command mounting strips to attach the control box under and to the left of the steering wheel (see photo). Time will tell if the adhesive will resist high parking lot temps!

My initial impressions: the build quality of the unit leaves a bit to be desired, especially in regards to the wires and where they clip into the boxes. $200 seems like a lot for a device that appears to have been sourced from Radio Shack components (RIP). You'll definitely want to mount the components out of the way to avoid ANY wear and tear as the connectors do not appear very robust. Also, another concern is that the male/female clips that plug into the "gas" pedal need to be mounted somewhere directly behind the pedal. If you don't put enough thought into this, the coupling can dangle behind the pedal, blocking its range.

THAT being said, the device does what it says and was easy to calibrate. I followed the instructions carefully (not difficult) and have had zero problems with CELs or anything else. And oh is it fun! On higher settings the pedal has become much more sensitive. You FPS nerds out there, think of it as upping the sensitivity on your controller sticks. Prior to the install, I hadn't really noticed a ton of delay but I also drive an auto and could see how the hesitation would be more noticeable in a manual transmission. That being said, after the upgrade, my car seems much more connected with my right foot. Who doesn't want that??

Definitely a no-brainer upgrade and one that I happy recommend!
Attached Images

- Black Bowties, NPP "Fuse delete", Vitesse Throttle Controller
CamaroBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:17 PM   #34
CamaroBruno

Enjoy the enormous photos! Sorry 'bout that.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #35
wal-dog

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBruno View Post
Here is my install advice and initial impressions after installing this in my A8 V6.

Install:

Figuring out how to remove the factory's connector (to the pedal) and the gymnastics required to manage the wiring were the only difficult parts of the installation.

The trick to remove the connectors is to pop the red tab all the way up and then squeeze the area where the red connector WAS. Popped right off after that. I think Sledge mentions this in the video but it's quick and easy to miss it.

Please note the attached photos to see where I mounted the boxes and for the cable management. I used some Command mounting strips to attach the control box under and to the left of the steering wheel (see photo). Time will tell if the adhesive will resist high parking lot temps!

My initial impressions: the build quality of the unit leaves a bit to be desired, especially in regards to the wires and where they clip into the boxes. $200 seems like a lot for a device that appears to have been sourced from Radio Shack components (RIP). You'll definitely want to mount the components out of the way to avoid ANY wear and tear as the connectors do not appear very robust. Also, another concern is that the male/female clips that plug into the "gas" pedal need to be mounted somewhere directly behind the pedal. If you don't put enough thought into this, the coupling can dangle behind the pedal, blocking its range.

THAT being said, the device does what it says and was easy to calibrate. I followed the instructions carefully (not difficult) and have had zero problems with CELs or anything else. And oh is it fun! On higher settings the pedal has become much more sensitive. You FPS nerds out there, think of it as upping the sensitivity on your controller sticks. Prior to the install, I hadn't really noticed a ton of delay but I also drive an auto and could see how the hesitation would be more noticeable in a manual transmission. That being said, after the upgrade, my car seems much more connected with my right foot. Who doesn't want that??

Definitely a no-brainer upgrade and one that I happy recommend!
I mounted mine in the same place and orientation as you did. Yep it's a no brainer. Makes the car so much more fun to drive.
wal-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #36
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I've asked this before but never got a straight answer, will this help with the manual transmission or just auto?
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:38 AM   #37
TileTim

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Grey Auto 2SS
I hate to assume but does anyone know if this is also a plug and play on the 2017's
TileTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:39 AM   #38
CamaroBruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by TileTim View Post
I hate to assume but does anyone know if this is also a plug and play on the 2017's
I don't see why not... you could always reach out to Vitesse. I remember seeing them on the boards here and heard they are pretty responsive. Don't remember the guy's name though, sorry.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:33 PM   #39
Ohji-san

Drives: 2016 2LT RS V6 A8 BVM/Kala NPP
Thank you TenSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenSeven View Post
I just learned the throttle pedal and base are a unit that is very easily removed. On the base of the throttle assembly, pop off the rubber cover and remove the 10mm bolt. slide the whole assembly back about 1/2" and it's freed from the floor.

Now you can easily access the plug and wiring you need to replace for the VTC installation.
Just installed the VTC in my Camaro. Your suggestion to remove the 10mm bolt and throttle assembly really made the install very easy, especially removing and reconnecting the cables/plugs. Thank you that was ingenious!

Also, thanks to Sledge and his video. I knew what to expect when calibrating.

I was a little leery about installing it after reading about codes and other issues but so far, it's all good except the "S" in the mode selector display is faint or doesn't light up. I emailed Ahmed and will hear what he has to say. Man, my car really responds with the VTC.

Last edited by Ohji-san; 08-27-2016 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Forgot to add comment
Ohji-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:22 PM   #40
GunnSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by TileTim View Post
I have a 2017 and just install it yesterday and yes it works. It now comes with a dial instead of the 2 buttons. But the directions are easy to follow and i had to remove my throttle as well to access the plug.
GunnSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:47 PM   #41
smalloian112

Drives: 2014 camaro 2LS
So I made sure I programmed it correctly i did every step correctly and it still randomly puts my car into limp mode even when I had it at SP0 it would still put it in limp mode? I cleaned my throttle body and my mas air flow sensor, I even took out the gas pedal to make sure it has a secure connection!
smalloian112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:39 PM   #42
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
I took my TC off this last week, not because I had any sort of issues, but because my car is now tuned and I had them dial in my Throttle position.

I finally graduated!
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote