Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 09-27-2023, 09:31 AM   #43
mtdwye0

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
Interesting. Wonder if yours is a bit different from mine.? For me to have moved my line with my fingers, I would have to unclip it. Check out my first pic and how the can rested right on top of a less flexible/movable part of the line--it was not possible on mine to hold the line out of the way and move it up like you described in a way that felt good to me. Of course, maybe I'm just less experienced and/or less comfortable messing with that kind of stuff. Who knows.

Just trying to provide info to others looking into this. I'll try to take some better pics when I get my new front bracket. Glad to have this community to get/share info!!
mtdwye0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 10:09 AM   #44
Junction65

Drives: 2011 GMC Sierra 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdwye0 View Post
Interesting. Wonder if yours is a bit different from mine.? For me to have moved my line with my fingers, I would have to unclip it. Check out my first pic and how the can rested right on top of a less flexible/movable part of the line--it was not possible on mine to hold the line out of the way and move it up like you described in a way that felt good to me. Of course, maybe I'm just less experienced and/or less comfortable messing with that kind of stuff. Who knows.

Just trying to provide info to others looking into this. I'll try to take some better pics when I get my new front bracket. Glad to have this community to get/share info!!
It is the same line no differences, my first pic has yellow arrow that points to the same OE connector shown in your pic.

You do not have to unclip the line. You simply take your finger and hold the line up and out of the way as shown in my second pic BEFORE lowering the can in place.

If you set the can on the line as shown in your pic then you will not be able to move the line. In that case, you need to remove can, hold line up and out of the way, then lower the can back in to place.

If you want to spend more money and exert more effort to place the can in a different spot more power to you...your money your car.

There is no reason to create an issue where there is none. The E2 kit is a quality product the way it comes and there is no issue with the supplied bracket.
Attached Images

Current mileage: 310

Last edited by Junction65; 09-27-2023 at 12:04 PM.
Junction65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 09:28 AM   #45
mtdwye0

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
Agree with Photoguy and Elite, at least for me personally--the front bracket works very nicely and is a good fit. Obviously both brackets work, but front is better IMHO.

Also, ordering the quick connectors is ideal and definitely worth the money. Again, appreciate all the helpful comments on here. Matt
mtdwye0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 11:42 AM   #46
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junction65 View Post
It is the same line no differences, my first pic has yellow arrow that points to the same OE connector shown in your pic.

You do not have to unclip the line. You simply take your finger and hold the line up and out of the way as shown in my second pic BEFORE lowering the can in place.

If you set the can on the line as shown in your pic then you will not be able to move the line. In that case, you need to remove can, hold line up and out of the way, then lower the can back in to place.

If you want to spend more money and exert more effort to place the can in a different spot more power to you...your money your car.

There is no reason to create an issue where there is none. The E2 kit is a quality product the way it comes and there is no issue with the supplied bracket.

Thank you, but please let us know if we need to design something different

Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 10:14 AM   #47
Junction65

Drives: 2011 GMC Sierra 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
Thank you, but please let us know if we need to design something different

My suggestion would be to revise your website and include 2 new options for the E2 catch can for 2016+ Camaro SS & LT1:

1. Give the customer an option to select either mounting bracket (possibly at no additional charge) depending on their preferred installation location (side engine location bracket or front engine location bracket)

2. Give the customer an option to include the OE quick connectors (at additional charge) with the E2 kit.

Your E2 catch can page already has "options" to select when purchasing the kit, shouldn't be to hard to revise since both brackets and OE connectors are already offered on your site.

Attached Images

Current mileage: 310

Last edited by Junction65; 12-12-2023 at 07:02 AM.
Junction65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 07:17 AM   #48
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junction65 View Post
My suggestion would be to revise your website and include 2 new options for the E2 catch can for 2016+ Camaro SS & LT1:

1. Give the customer an option to select either mounting bracket (possibly at no additional charge) depending on their preferred installation location (side engine location bracket or front engine location bracket)

2. Give the customer an option to include the OE quick connectors (at additional charge) with the E2 kit.

Your E2 catch can page already has "options" to select when purchasing the kit, shouldn't be to hard to revise since both brackets and OE connectors are already offered on your site.

Great idea, that's something we should be able to accommodate!
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote