Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #15
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nookz View Post
Oh, you were talking about removing the bulb socket from the housing.

Yeah, you need to twist that a bit one before you can pull it out from there. No big deal, though.

No, the socket came out of the housing without issue. Just a 1/4 turn up or down and it was out easy. I’m talking about removing the bulb itself without breaking it in my fingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2018, 09:45 AM   #16
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
I can confirm the bulbs work great but like a idiot when i had one of the driver side headlight bulbs putting back in the dam led bulb fell out into the light housing and i can get it for shit unless i remove the grille and take the lamp housing off and shake the thing out. My luck, just be extra careful with putting the bulbs in and make sure they are secure, when i went to twist back in the new bulb it fell into the housing. Shoot me!!!!!! Fruckkkkkk!!!!!! Cut my hand open in the mist of all this with that tiny ass opening on the drivers side... LOL
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:48 AM   #17
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
I can confirm the bulbs work great but like a idiot when i had one of the driver side headlight bulbs putting back in the dam led bulb fell out into the light housing and i can get it for shit unless i remove the grille and take the lamp housing off and shake the thing out. My luck, just be extra careful with putting the bulbs in and make sure they are secure, when i went to twist back in the new bulb it fell into the housing. Shoot me!!!!!! Fruckkkkkk!!!!!! Cut my hand open in the mist of all this with that tiny ass opening on the drivers side... LOL

The bulbs work as I got the passenger side in and hit the fob and it flashed twice like normal but how in thee hell to you access the drivers side. I removed my CAI intake only to find it’s not in the way so I tried removing the radiator shroud which was so easy to do on the 5th gen. Needless to say I removed like 6 bolts and the torx screws and can’t get it up and out enough and it still looks I can’t get to it.
Appreciate some suggestions or help.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:13 PM   #18
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Just another confirmation. Mine arrived today from Amazon. Put them in and turned on the turn signal for over 1 min to see if they would hyperflash, they don’t. Cheers! No resistor trickery and no extra clutter in the engine bay.

SUGERYY Amber Yellow 7440 7441 2590 Lumens 3030 Chipset LED Bulbs for blinker light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JBDTLG..._gPbVH96Me3X2y
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:17 PM   #19
ecko04

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
The bulbs work as I got the passenger side in and hit the fob and it flashed twice like normal but how in thee hell to you access the drivers side. I removed my CAI intake only to find it’s not in the way so I tried removing the radiator shroud which was so easy to do on the 5th gen. Needless to say I removed like 6 bolts and the torx screws and can’t get it up and out enough and it still looks I can’t get to it.
Appreciate some suggestions or help.

You’re doing too much. There’s a rubber flap (air diverter) that covers the turn signal on the drivers side, at least in the SS. You peel that flap back to uncover the turn signal. It can be changed with no tools and no removal of parts. Once changes, push the flap back down into position.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:21 PM   #20
ecko04

LED front turn signal

See rubber flap

Peel rubber flap back to reveal socket

Socket rotates down towards the ground to release. You’ll have enough length to pull the socket outside of the flap for testing prior to reinstall.

On the bright side with your CAI our now, you have a ton of room to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-26-2018, 01:31 PM   #21
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
See rubber flap

Peel rubber flap back to reveal socket

Socket rotates down towards the ground to release. You’ll have enough length to pull the socket outside of the flap for testing prior to reinstall.

On the bright side with your CAI our now, you have a ton of room to work with.

Thanks! Now the freaking bulb fell out into the housing!!!!!! Damn it and I tested to see if it work and it did but trouble getting it back in...... HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

Old 05-26-2018, 01:39 PM   #22
ecko04

Quote:
Thanks! Now the freaking bulb fell out into the housing!!!!!! Damn it and I tested to see if it work and it did but trouble getting it back in...... HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

I assume you didn’t read the earlier posts that said to ensure the bulb was seated prior to putting the bulb into the housing.

There’s nothing you can do now but take the entire headlamp assembly off the car, which requires removing the bumper to get the bulb out.

You’ve just now subscribed to 1.5hrs of “fun”.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:40 PM   #23
chozn4service

Quote:

As big or long as the bulb is I don’t know how in the hell I’ll be able to fish it out.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:42 PM   #24
chozn4service

I did read that on seating. Had issues getting socket to go in properly to turn it up in lock position, even pulled it out twice to see what was up

Old 05-26-2018, 02:59 PM   #25
ecko04

Quote:
I did read that on seating. Had issues getting socket to go in properly to turn it up in lock position, even pulled it out twice to see what was up

It was pretty straight forward for me but it’s the not first time I’ve changed those bulbs. I had resistors that I ditched when I got these bulbs.

It’s not impossible to get it out, you’ll just have the lamp upside down, with 1 eye open and shaking the hell out of the assembly until it falls out. Not impossible, just time consuming.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:07 PM   #26
DirectTo

Drives: Sold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
Just another confirmation. Mine arrived today from Amazon. Put them in and turned on the turn signal for over 1 min to see if they would hyperflash, they don’t. Cheers! No resistor trickery and no extra clutter in the engine bay.

SUGERYY Amber Yellow 7440 7441 2590 Lumens 3030 Chipset LED Bulbs for blinker light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JBDTLG..._gPbVH96Me3X2y
FYI, I got a set of these just to play with. There is resistor ‘trickery’ involved, the just combined it into the bulb itself. If you remove the plug and turn on your signal or hazards you’ll see the light housing itself gets reallllllly hot during use.

Having felt how hot the actual resistors get during use I couldn’t imagine bottling that heat up inside the light housing itself, and we all know heat is the enemy of LEDs as is.
DirectTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 03:44 PM   #27
ecko04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
FYI, I got a set of these just to play with. There is resistor ‘trickery’ involved, the just combined it into the bulb itself. If you remove the plug and turn on your signal or hazards you’ll see the light housing itself gets reallllllly hot during use.

Having felt how hot the actual resistors get during use I couldn’t imagine bottling that heat up inside the light housing itself, and we all know heat is the enemy of LEDs as is.

I had mine on for awhile to test hyperflash before reinserting them into the housing. I didn’t notice any appreciable heat from them. Certainly not enough to raise alarm because I touched both the side of the bulb and base with my barehand.

I wasn’t necessarily looking for heat but I’m glad you mentioned it. I’ll take a closer look during my next car wash.

Old 05-26-2018, 04:50 PM   #28
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
anyone have time to do a video of these in operation?
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote